Academi Denim

joey_formal

lol. ilovespaz is my coworker and he is referring to my Oni Vedge Blue's that have the selvage back pocket arctuate which he claims to look like Rock and Republic.

maybe i'll catch some heat.......but i thought those Oni's looked pretty good.........I wouldn't mind pair for myself if i wasn't already drowning in indigo......

but back to the Acadami's.....does anyone got fit picks for the dark indigo ones??.....

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something is fucked up with the dark indigo ones. my friend got the grey selvage and they fit like context says, 2 sizes larger than tagged. maybe 1 size larger. the try indigos however, feel like they're 3 sizes small!! the 28 (supposed to be 29 waist) seriously felt like a 26. I can get a 29 on no problem, actual 28 isn't too bad. I coudln't even come close to closing the button on these things, was atleast 2 inches small in the waist. very dissapointed with the sizing. (luckily, they're not mine, they're my buddy's :P)

i just tried on a 36W in the indigo at UO and it had to be at the biggest a 34 waist. the grey were bigger by alot. i couldnt even get the indigo past my thigh, the greys i got all the way up just couldnt button them ( i wear a 38 naturally). they are some nice jeans though, any one know where i can find a size 38 in the indigos. thank you.

i just tried on a 36W in the indigo at UO and it had to be at the biggest a 34 waist. the grey were bigger by alot. i couldnt even get the indigo past my thigh, the greys i got all the way up just couldnt button them ( i wear a 38 naturally). they are some nice jeans though, any one know where i can find a size 38 in the indigos. thank you.

thank you, glad I'm not the only one. my friend got the 28, and it can't be bigger than 26. I dont know what context is thinking putting out their whack measuremants with "size down". even the grey say size down 2, but they measure as tagged at best.

thank you, glad I'm not the only one. my friend got the 28, and it can't be bigger than 26. I dont know what context is thinking putting out their whack measuremants with "size down". even the grey say size down 2, but they measure as tagged at best.

Just wanted to respond-

There indeed was a certain amount of inconsistency with the sizing for that initial run, but we have been reassured that all sizing issues will be resolved going forward.

Anything to add, ilovespaz?

A little help?

• 2 weeks later...

We'll have the Academi Slim Straight fit in Context early next week. I'll try to get the measurements posted as soon as I can. I'll be sure to measure every single pair (as opposed to one of each size) to prevent any confusion. We'll have the Dry Indigo Selvage, and the Dry Grey Selvage in the Slim Straight.

I went into one to ask about Academi, and they told me it was on-line only... perhaps because of the completely blank look on the people's faces, which told me they had no idea what the hell I was talking about.

the UO around here carries them. or they did. maybe they weren't selling well so they made them online only. i don't think the type of person who goes into UO looking for a new pair of jeans is going to even bat an eye at academi or good society.

I tried a pair on at the Urban Outfitters in Toronto this monday. Fit was a little to loose in the leg for my liking and the denim sort of had this stretch to it. I would get them if they went on sale for like 35 bucks later just to wear around the house but definately not for full price.

I tried a pair on at the Urban Outfitters in Toronto this monday. Fit was a little to loose in the leg for my liking and the denim sort of had this stretch to it. I would get them if they went on sale for like 35 bucks later just to wear around the house but definately not for full price.

how much were they at the UO in toronto?