Academi Denim

joey_formal

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair i've been wearing since april 12th

Pretty much 2 months

No problems at all...actually really enjoy them and I can see the indigo starting to break down and seeing the fading on it's way.

I posted pics up my mynudies...

When the 2 months hits maybe I will post some here too..

Nothing amazing yet but definitely progress and I have no complaints

Guest kyotousa
http://mynudies.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=5219&catid=searchresults&searchid=19049

That should be the link to it...i'm new at this stuff and very ignorant...hopefully it works.

looks nice...I'd def. keep wearing mine.

You have whisker already? What activities do you do? just walk around?

You sure you got the original relaxed fit? cuz that looks like the updated one...Or maybe you just szed down

Anyone washed them yet? will they shrink in length if hot washed?

I kinda want it to shrink in width, cuz it stretched out like a inch. However, I am also getting it hemmed...So I don't want to end up with a jean that I can't wear :rolleyes:

Yep my first pair mid. button fall of like right away. I wasn't even wearing them at the time. My 2nd pair is still going strong, except the front pocket rivets.

I have the old cut. I'm positive. The new cut wasn't even out when I got mine and I have measured mine to just see the measurements and the measurements definitely don't match up to the new cuts.

When I got them they were so! tight in the waist. I was just like screw it if I can get them on they will stretch and they have.

I have had no problems at all. Very happy. The problems I hear from others makes me think you guys just got a lemon pair or something.

I have whiskering really well now and the fading is starting to come in a lot better. Going to take new picture on Thursday and post them up so check back then for the 2 month stage.

Definitely no wash for me yet will be at least another 5 or 6 months.

Yeah I understand. I just said screw it and did it. I'm seeing results after two months.

I just need to quit looking at flat heads and samurai's because i'm like how do they have that much fade after two months I don't have near that haha. But, that's part of the quality.

There has to be more people that have been wearing these. I hope some others can post pics.

I'm going to post pictures today of the two month mark as long as my bro brings over his camera. Should be up later.

I've had mine for about two months now and from what I've experienced, they're 14oz of good denim at a cheap price.

The fit isn't so bad, it's looser than I usually like, but thats fine because it allows me to wear my bulkier sneakers like Supras and not look awkward. They have a pretty high yoke too, which is different for this cut, but it's not a bad thing. You need somewhat of a medium length shirt to have a fit look, not too baggy and not too tight.

They did stretch out a lot after the initial soak and I've gone from not wearing a belt at all to needing to wear one.

It's all button fly by the top button is gone and in it's place is a hook system, similar to a woman's bra or on slacks. This has become a problem because it unfastens itself every now and then, leaving me in an awkward situation having to fix them.

And these jeans will bleed, I left a piece of paper in my back pocket for the day and when I took it out, it was completely blue.

Overall, quality and price outweigh the bad points.

Kitsune do you have any pictures? I would like to see your progress and fading vs. what I have going on. I didn't soak mine so I would like to see if that made a difference at all.

As soon as I get my camera. My current one is both MIA and too shitty to provide justice. Shouldn't be long, two weeks for decent pictures at the latest.

If I find my camera, I'll share all 3.2 megapixels of quality!

edit: Also, I just remembered that another complaint I had was that I can't put both of my hands in my pockets.

Problem:

IMG_0095.jpg

Problem solved:

IMG_0085.jpg

How They look on me:

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

I'm a skinny dude, 5' 5", 120lbs. sz29 in Sugar Canes

Weak honeycombs because my legs are so skinny, good whiskers though.

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

The saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and in my honest opinion, you get a little more than what you pay for, but unless you're built a little thicker than I am, they won't work out as efficiently