state your beer, drinkers

^still depressed that I missed out...my friend works at one of the better liquor stores in the area and as much as I bothered him about snagging me a bottle (and he usually does), I dropped the ball on this...There goes my beer tasting I had in line (CBS, KBS, Breakfast Stout) for later this year...

Got a growler of Hill Farmstead Abner from a friend tonight and drank it with youkinorn. Was an awesome IPA, possibly the best one I've had from HF yet. Youkinorn opened his bottle of Parabola after that. Reminded me of BCBS after aging it 2-3 years. Good stuff :D

tumblr_lsq93xNjjk1qjuprfo1_500.png

@scientifick - Have you had 120 before? It's pretty gross in my opinion. If you really want to try it though, post an ISO thread on beeradvocate. You can probably land a couple bottles with good NC locals.

edit: nevermind, talk to islandboi.

been meaning to buy a four pack of the dogfishhead pumpkin, anyone tried it? also if anyone can get their 120 minute i would love to do a trade.

The pumpkin ale is really quite good. Pretty different from what I'd expect from DFH too. The only complaint I have is that its only a 7%er so its really not value for money if you're looking to get more than a buzz off a 4.

Found a case of Kronenbourg in the US for the first time today. Score.

^Lmao. You still down to try Rumpkin? I think I'm gonna head down on Sunday and see what's up.

Oh and I liked Punkin the first time I had it back in 08 but the last few times I've tried it I haven't been able to get past the clove. I'm not huge into pumpkin beers though.

The pumpkin ale is really quite good. Pretty different from what I'd expect from DFH too. The only complaint I have is that its only a 7%er so its really not value for money if you're looking to get more than a buzz off a 4.

Found a case of Kronenbourg in the US for the first time today. Score.

This is terribad logic, the ABV should never be your deciding factor on whether you are getting good value. I liked Punkin when I first tried it back in the day, but not so much any more.

The Sixpoint I posted was real interesting, the pumpkin was really mild, but it was wet-hopped, very strange combination, but I enjoyed the beer.

I picked up a bottle of Cambridge Brewing's Great Pumpkin Ale, will probably drink it this weekend. I also cant resist those Boulevard Smokestack 4pks (double wide ipa, tank 7 saison, and the imperial stout) 11$ for 4 awesome beers.

edit: Did a little writeup on the ~5 new micro/nano breweries in the Boston area over at my blog, check it out if you are so inclined.

@scientifick - Have you had 120 before? It's pretty gross in my opinion. If you really want to try it though, post an ISO thread on beeradvocate. You can probably land a couple bottles with good NC locals.

no never tried it, mostly just curious. the 90 is one of my favorites.

^Still need to try that stuff. Youkinorn and I were at a small tasting last night, got in on a bottle of Marin Cuvée Roge from GABF this year. That stuff was amazing, wish bottles were easier to come by.

marin has some good offerings. i like the white knuckle IPA but its hard to find down here,i should have stopped by on the way to RR :(.