state your beer, drinkers

^Hah that's sick.

@Layne -- eBay prices are always ridiculous, especially for beers like Black Tuesday. I'm expecting eBay prices to drop a lot for that beer though with the production ramp this year.

Also, your post made me think of this:

Total money spent on Founders CBS on eBay surpasses $10,000

That is in just one week since Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout’s initial release. That number could easily double by month’s end.

Nearly 200 total listings of the beer have gone up to date.

Just over 100 auctions have completed with winning bids.

The average spent per bottle between the bid amount and shipping is just over $100.

Total spent on a single bottle has ranged anywhere from $75 to $135.

An empty bottle even fetched one seller over $50.

I had no clue how much it costs, and this prompted me to look for a price.

Jesus Fucking Christ. I love beer, equally as much as anyone who posts in this thread... But there's no way I'm gonna pay the eBay prices of $100 to $150 for the 2011 bottle (the earlier years are more). When you mentioned price I was thinking maybe they're like $30 to $40 per bottle -- wrong!

I'm assuming the ebay prices are a little higher than if you bought it at the store, but that's crazy. I understand you can compare it to fine wine and people pay thousands for a bottle or whatever the fuck you wanna say.... shit is still ridiculous.

And renski up there has at least 9 bottles. I'm hoping he didn't drop a grand on that... really hoping. Or if he did, duu has an unlimited disposable income.

I think it's cheaper if you buy them directly from the Bruery via The Bruery Provisions or whatever. Probably $30 - $40 a bottle. You're just witnessing price gouging on eBay haha. Honestly though if you can imagine a chocolate cherry wine with the viscosity rivaling a watered down maple syrup, that's what that beer is. Shit burns your nose.

anyone in Nor Cal...

Gonna take my Dad on a trip to tour a brewery for his 60th, was thinking Lagunitas, but if anyone else has a recommendation I'd love to hear :) Hoping for something within 2 hours of Sac.

Yo! Lived in sac for awhile.I was just there a few weeks back. Your best bet is RR. It's about 2.5hrs from south sac/elk grove area depending on traffic. Along the way is lagunitas, Marin, another one I forget, then RR.

Edit.

Not sure if RR does brewery tours. The brewery and brewpub are separated but within a few blocks.

anyone in Nor Cal...

Gonna take my Dad on a trip to tour a brewery for his 60th, was thinking Lagunitas, but if anyone else has a recommendation I'd love to hear :) Hoping for something within 2 hours of Sac.

If you're specifically doing this with a tour in mind, you've gotta go to Lagunitas. They take you up into this crazy loft above the production facility and shower you in tons of (free) draft beer, then once you're good and buzzed, they take you (with a beer in hand, of course) on a tour through their huge and impressive brewery.

You can head to the Beer Sanctuary after for some food and beer, and most likely music. They have some decent to great beer, and the tour and vibe are tough to beat.

That said, if this ain't all about a tour, Russian River is it.

Just snagged a growler of Allagash Big Little Beer. I think this is the best non-sour beer I've had from Allagash, really impressed with it. Reminds me of a citrusy/hoppy Duvel green. Cracking open a Rapture later, and possibly this year's Bitches Brew. Feels good to be on vacation :)

Just snagged a growler of Allagash Big Little Beer. I think this is the best non-sour beer I've had from Allagash, really impressed with it. Reminds me of a citrusy/hoppy Duvel green. Cracking open a Rapture later, and possibly this year's Bitches Brew. Feels good to be on vacation :)

Interested I hearing your opinion of Rapture

How was Veritas 010?

I liked it but I think what we had was poured directly poured from the barrel. It wasn't overly tart, you were able to taste peaches and have a slight souring but the aftertaste I got was something along the lines of graham crackers.

I was kind of disappointed on the organization of the event though.

@soonami - Rapture was pretty good, reminded me a lot of Supplication but with a thicker/more muddled appearance and mouthfeel. The mouthfeel reminded me of Riserva, and it had a similar effect as Riserva does in giving me heartburn. It's a good beer, but I think I like Riserva better (I love raspberry lambics though).

On another note, scored some Rumpkin bottles tonight. Excited to try one :)