state your beer, drinkers

^Made me laugh.

On the BA being a shitty site topic, I've been using ratebeer more and more in the last few weeks. Once I got past the layout and actually learned how to use it, I realized it's a much better site. There is a lot more trading going on and people are friendlier in general.

Also, I need a fucking beer. I've been sick for a week and haven't had one since last Saturday.

the guy who cut those fries was lazy and I dont love the glassware/serving size of the beer, but looks like a cool spot

the fries are actually pretty good. Sweet potato fries.

I'm not too crazy about the size either, and it's pretty overpriced when you consider its size. I think it was something like 7 or 8 bucks.

From SF trip in the last week of December

yqELP.jpg

As of NYE

EkS87.jpg

Received from trades (except for '11 Abyss & Hwy78)(One of the '11 Black Ops is FT)

IbBr6.jpg

And the most recent haul (FT I guess if u want any..lookin for some east coast jawns)

Te4Yx.jpg

^Sit on those Black Ops for at least a year, that beer (especially the 2011) kinda sucks when it's fresh. After a year or two it's awesome though.

Also, back to the whole website thing. BA forums go down -> BA users go to ratebeer -> ratebeer forums go down.

I think I prefer fresh bigfoot to aged bigfoot. I haven't been drinking much lately, unfortunately. Just work. Picked up a bottle of Jester King's sour saison I'm looking forward to trying, though.

shufon: if you're still in the city, I'll be up there first week of may. I'll bring you some stuff (still have that bottle of rumpkin for you at the very least, ha)

Edited by youkinorn2

48145041878b549afdf305ee296bead7_640x640.jpg

Jester King Thrashmetal farmhouse strong ale. Pretty good. Better hop character than I was expecting...piney and resiny. A bit of spice on the back (along with one sort of off note that I couldn't place...only thing I didn't enjoy about the beer). Fruity sweetness from the farmhouse yeast was well balanced with the hop bitterness. Good carbonation.

Never been impressed with Full Sail stuff, but I've only had a handful of their beers. Never heard of Double Mountain, but what's on their tap menu right now sounds good-- a lot of hoppy stuff, two different krieks, a peach sour, and a stout on nitro.

I think I'm gonna open a 2012 Bourbon County Coffee this year while it's still pretty fresh. I'll report back later.

omg rare

anyone going to colLAboration tomorrow? a lot of legendary shit on tap aye

i went to golden state the other day and they had Deliverance on tap. Really boozy/hot and lots of shit goin on, but still very good (didnt really dig the glassware doe. same as the one above)

Used the restroom in the back and noticed they had kegs chillin in the hallway. I remember seeing some vintages of Abyss on deck. talked to the main dude and he said he has like several diff years i think and that theyre probably doin a vertical tasting and whatnot for their anniversary event

^That's a nice beer. Been on a funky kick for the last few days.. Sanctification, Tilquin Gueuze, and 3F Oude Geuze. If anybody has any Sanc from last year, it's drinking a lot better than when it first got bottled.

Haha yeah man, black with little to no carbonation, consistency was thicker than milk. It was a lot sweeter than I remember it being the last couple of times I've had it, was hard to finish half a bottle. I actually think I prefer regular BCBS to BT nowadays but I haven't done a side by side yet.

Had a mid week tasting tonight:

tumblr_m0jkyrRKqz1qjuprfo1_500.png

tumblr_m0jlp4rlww1qjuprfo1_500.png

My order of preference: 2008, 2010, 2009, 2011

tumblr_m0jp40Scmo1qjuprfo1_500.png

Captain Lawrence Barrel Select Black. This stuff was delicious! Can't believe they snuck this by without a release or anything.. apparently it's still just sitting on shelves at the brewery without a bottle limit but I don't have time to go up there any buy any.

tumblr_m0jqt38lPD1qjuprfo1_500.png

Batch 2 Oude Tart,. Pretty straight forward beer, nothing crazy.

tumblr_m0jrnbSApt1qjuprfo1_500.png

This was awful.

• 2 weeks later...

From the past week

Surly flight-- Abrasive, Furious, Cynic Ale, Mild, Darkness, and Smoke. All delicious beers.. Furious is MUCH better on tap than when I've had cans, and Abrasive was fucking delicious. Wanted to drink more of it but it kicked while I was drinking my flight.

tumblr_m0unmysAZE1qjuprfo1_500.png

Founders Curmudgeon's Better Half.. pretty one dimensional and overly sweet.

tumblr_m0wpueA3Bw1qjuprfo1_500.png

Batch 4 Temptation.. wish I had more of this. Delicious as always.

tumblr_m12d77Dv5m1qjuprfo1_500.png