state your beer, drinkers

Had Lucky Bastard on tap in the city a couple weekends ago, was good. Quite a bit hoppier than the other beers in the Arrogant Bastard series.

hoppy like in full of citrus or hoppy like makes you quince?

What does quince mean? :o

And it's not extremely full of citrus style hoppy, just had a much more upfront hop characteristic than the other ones. It was a tasting of like 8 different kinds of Arrogant Bastard and I remember thinking the hops were more present in the Lucky Bastard than any of the other ones. It was good enough that I picked up a few bottles to age when I saw it in the store in Ithaca.

What does quince mean? :o

And it's not extremely full of citrus style hoppy, just had a much more upfront hop characteristic than the other ones. It was a tasting of like 8 different kinds of Arrogant Bastard and I remember thinking the hops were more present in the Lucky Bastard than any of the other ones. It was good enough that I picked up a few bottles to age when I saw it in the store in Ithaca.

I actually meant wince, but my fingers were not behaving.

good to know. There are 8 types? I've had double, oaked, and plain... what are the others?

I can't remember all of them exactly but I know we had Arrogant, Double, Oaked, Lucky, Boubon Barrel Aged, and a few other random aged types of Arrogant and Double.

I think some of them were one offs for the bar I was in because they were having "Stone Arrogant Bastard Week" apparently.

if you guys ever go the Stone brewery they definitely have variations of the bastards which are not released on bottle and only available at the bar. sometime soon they will be doing their "stone winter storm" which also consist of their variations of their beers..

Plane got delayed from Philly to Ithaca earlier, so I made a stop at the bar :o

Long Trail Hibernator

hiberntator.jpg

Long Trail Mocha Porter

mochaporter.jpg

The Hibertnator is listed as a Scottish Ale on beeradvocate, but it tasted really German to me, more like a Bock. Went down easy but I wasn't fond of the taste. The Mocha Porter was quite nice, actually something I'd seek out. I like it a lot better than the Roosterifsh Cocoa Porter that I was drinking last week.

Went to get a burger at a brewpub here tonight and they had just tapped a keg of Barrel Aged Superfriends. Superfriends was an incredible sour ipa that used all brett fermentation.. 5 brewers took part in it earlier this year. The barrel aged just came out yetserday at restaurants/bars, brewery will start filling growlers next week, pretty pumped about this :D

baupserfriends.jpg

Fuuuck The Bruery Melange #3 bottled was incredible. I had it on draft from one of the first kegs they made and it was completely different having it bottled. It's been 21 months since when I had it on tap. Drinking it from the bottle tonight tasted like a chocolate with orange cream inside.. literally, the orange flavor was reallly INTENSE. The orange flavor subsided considerably as the beer warmed up and the chocolate flavor started to show itself much more...to say the least, this was one of the most extreme beers I've had in a long time, and one of the most enjoyable. Was really happy to be able to try it again.

Aside from this one, I drank RR Damnation, Ommegang Belgian Pale Ale (pictured), Sly Fox Sorachi Pale Ale, and some other free ones tonight :D

Cheers to my semester being over (for the most part), haha.

Also, apologies for the super shitty pics tonight, taking pics with a 3mp cell phone camera in a dimly light bar doesn't result in good pics.

Ommegang Belgian Pale Ale

ommegangbpa.jpg

The Bruery Melange #3

bruerym3.jpg

shufon: sorry ive been flakey with the reply on your list, i hit the guy up a few days ago and he said he'd get back to me when he could. i'll give him a call back tomorrow to see if he has something for me.

if not i can source most of that list piece by piece from a few stores.

Ahh it's cool man, I'm keeping myself plenty entertained with beers over on this side of the country :o

As of next Wednesday I'll actually be traveling for about 6 weeks, so take your time.. even if you do get a price list it'll be a while before I try to get anything from you.

Shit, I knew I had been slacking with the posts, but I didn't realize I hadn't posted anything in like 6 months.

Here's some of what I've been drinking.

Goose Island Fleur, excellent Belgian ale

49919584884991958488_2019f45ca2.jpg

5013373206_6b43ba08fb.jpg

5013375432_b18e8b5751.jpg

Half Acre Thunder and Son Brown Ale

5193777762_4cfb7a1f4f.jpg

Half Acre Big Hugs Coffee Stout

5236065970_473b31a72a_z.jpg

And the ridiculously overpriced (and I'm an idiot for buying it) Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Rare.

5252235849_44ee774d41_z.jpg

Yeah, pretty unbelievable for beer. And she was pretty damn unique. Kinda like a 'light' barleywine, which makes little sense considering how much more alcohol it has than barleywines. But it was light and sweet with lots of body.

Was it aged at all?