state your beer, drinkers

Yeah it is not so barnyard like most sours, makes it very drinkable. I love that beer :o

edit: fuck I just realized it's 5:21AM :D I drank a few bottles of the 2008 Brute tonight. Also had The Bruery Mischief, Ommegang Zuur, and some other random stuff that I can't remember.

I haven't brewed before, but I have a few friends who do on a regular basis. Speaking of which, got a care package from one of them today :o

dscn1644q.jpg

The Bruery Melange #3 (one of my favorite beers, only had it a couple of times.. REALLY pumped about this)

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout

Homebrewed sour (Temptation clone aged 2 years in Cakebread Chardonnay and French oak barrels)

Homebrewed breakfast stout (Founders clone)

He always keeps a large amount of rare bottles around, I think he has like 250 on hand right now or something.

i definitely want to try my luck at homebrew i just never manage to find enough time to dedicate a day to it. maybe ill pull the trigger and buy the main parts first (carboy, huge pot, bottles) then just give it a go on a weekend.

then again im sure i dont need another expensive hobby.

Yeah the friend that sent me the beer pictured above has put quite a bit of cash into it as far as I know. Then again, he's trying to start his own brewpub, so he'll hopefully see a return on his investment at some point.

edit: ^^^ Three Floyds what up. Never had anything from those guys but I've heard awesome things.

pumpking.jpg

It's snowing here so i figured I'd get rid of the last couple pumpkin beers before we're in full blown winter. Drinking this Southern Tier Pumpking right now.. way too sweet imo, probably won't finish it. I used to like pumpkin beers but I think after the initial "wow, this tastes like pumpkin pie" wore off I realized they're just gross :/

(Excuse the pic, my camera is out of commission right now)

shufon the pumpkin ale i picked up from alpine was pretty interesting, its aged in red wine barrels for 7 months then another 7 in white wine barrels. you definitely tasted both barrels and barely any pumpkin..

back to the IPAs now...

a heads up to fellow sufu beer drinkers, I might have a deal worked out locally to get you the west coast beers you guys out east may want. I'm trying to get the details in writing but if there's an interest I maybe an outlet to get it to you guys.

a bit of everything.. a lot of stuff from cali, im trying to get the owner to switch out since he has a lot of belgians styles excluding sours that people are not drinking these days (or at least in my area). There is a fair amount of stuff from overseas and other brews from the pacific northwest and of course we get some avery stuff out here as well. your best bet is if you have something specific send me a PM and ill see if i can get it.

^^ I think everywhere in the US is stocking too many Belgian beers that nobody drinks as much anymore. There's only so much Belgian yeast that one can handle.

Anyway, things I'm interested in:

Russian River - anything except Blind Pig

Alpine - anything

Lost Abbey - Cuvee de Tomme, Red Poppy Ale, Red Barn Ale, any Angel's Share

Port Brewing - Old Viscosity, Older Viscosity, Santa's Little Helper

The Bruery - Saison de Lente, Melange #3, Black Tuesday, anything limited

AleSmith - AleSmith IPA, Speedway Stout, Yulesmith Summer or Winter

Haha, ok, there's my short list :o

dscn1706o.jpg

This is a lot better than I expected.. champagne yeast with a very strawy saison flavor, but a nice hop character at the same time. It would be better in warmer weather but I didn't feel like a heavy beer tonight. First thing I've liked from Goose Island.. will probably buy some more of it and store it for next year when the weather warms up.

shufon: if i have time this weekend i'll check up on your list and what i can get..

as for now, im drinking a left over 22 from alpine its their mandarin nectar.. i can't do Alpine unless its an IPA or red ale. i dont know what the hell i even thought to attempt to drink this..

should have added, tried this a few nights back

73632_10150315804760352_712940351_15672605_126538_n.jpg

was actually disappointed, if you claim 1000 IBU's please use a fair amount of the 4 C's hops to make it bitter. this tasted like a double bastard which is generally more malty than hoppy.

Thanks ren, much appreciated.

Haha long story short I traded Magic the Gathering cards that I haven't seen since I was 12-13ish for 4 bottles of 2008 Ithaca Brute and 2 bottles of the 2008 Ithaca TEN Imperial Red Ale. The TEN was only a one time thing so I was pretty excited about it. Drank a bottle of the TEN and a bottle of the Brute with the guy who traded with me. He gave me a 4 pints of Sierra Nevada Estate Ale and Brooklyn Detonation Ale for free as well.

Too drunk to post any pictures of the bottles I brought home, will do it tomorrow :o

dscn1710w.jpg

All the Brute are from the first batch ever produced. The few I've had from that batch were a lot muskier and barnyard-ish than the newest batch. The TEN is a super malty imperial red that was only brewed once. Putting these away for a while to get some more age on them.

I turned 21 last month and have been greatly enjoying some of my favorite beers on tap around town.. Haven't really done much exploring though recently, I've been content with Murphy's Stout and Stone Arrogant Bastard.

So, if you guys give me some recommendations on some of your favorites, I'll go try them and do some quick write ups!