Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

i just got my pair of 301s in. after failed attempts finding the right pair of jeans (SExI14, 2109, se05bsp) i tried these out. love the denim. love the cut. love that its roomy in the top block (just what i need)

question is - i got them all the way buttoned, but JUST BARELY its was a tight fit. are these going to stretch out in the waist? or should i return them for the 301 OD in the next size?

,,,,they are selvedge, why no selvedge line?

due to the way they were cut/tapered below the knee.

you gotta size the 301s precisely so they drape well. TTS would be too big. i sized down 1 & they were still a bit loose. if you can button up, you're good. they're sanforised__ the waistband will stretch out eventually.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Congrats to your amazing faded IH pants

They are just on the perfect denim evolution way!!!!!

Keep us updated over the next years!

^sometimes you can't have it all.

although, i am pretty sold on my 634s-B O/D__ heavy ozers are not really my thing, but, if i can have the fit+uniqueness [ie, in terms of my denim experience] on a pair, i'll take the plunge.

'tried the 301 twice__ TTS & sd1, but overall= fit + wearability dint work out for me. 634s are the most versatile IH cut, imo.

Edited by BrownMetallic

isnt

To be honest, the lack of selvedge makes this pair so much less interesting. :( Which is a shame as the cut seems very nice.

isn't that why we have other jeans for? ... to satiate our [other] needs. ;)

as for the lack of selvedge, you'd better appreciate/understand if you know the reason. the answer is within. if you turn them inside-out & trace/follow the outseam, you will realize [from the jean construction] the selvedge had to be clipped to get the silhouette__ w/c calls for a strong taper from the thigh to the hem

if you have time/patience/interest check out Flathead or Samurai bootcuts. same principle, tho' in reverse__ selvedge at the bottom/hem end & overlock/edge-stitch from below the knee [where the taper starts] .& all the way up the block.

Edited by BrownMetallic

isnt

isn't that why we have other jeans for? ... to satiate our [other] needs. ;)

as for the lack of selvedge, you'd better appreciate/understand if you know the reason. the answer is within. if you turn them inside-out & trace/follow the outseam, you will realize [from the jean construction] the selvedge had to be clipped to get the silhouette__ w/c calls for a strong taper from the thigh to the hem

if you have time/patience/interest check out Flathead or Samurai bootcuts. same principle, tho' in reverse__ selvedge at the bottom/hem end & overlock/edge-stitch from below the knee [where the taper starts] .& all the way up the block.

Easy there, I never said I didn't understand why there's no selvedge (although, in all fairness, other companies have proven that it is possible to maintain the selvedge and still make a slim, tapered cut by taking in fabric at the inseam rather than the outseam). I just stated the fact that I personally enjoy visible selvedge and as such find it a pity that the 301 lacks that.

^understood. dint mean to be condescending or argumentative. 'just having a discussion__ an FYI for those who care to know.

again, just FYI, Momo or FH or PBJ or any other brands that does "slim-tapered" silhouettes with outseam selvedge intacted usually have tighter, boxier top block construction.

301s, on the other hand, have roomier+contoured top block. keeping the selvedge "...by taking in fabric at the inseam" would askew the fabric alignment which will make the jeans not drape well, especially on a heavy 21oz material.