Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Guest Westbound

Just finished reading the thread and still have a question regarding sizing the 634S.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I should keep them in the size I bought them: 38. The top button doesn't button up (literally a hair away but not quite there) and the knee (and below) area are okay but not exactly to my liking in terms of fit - something I could definitely deal with, tho'.

Anyway, I'll be losing some weight over the course of the next few months and may go down a size which would mean that I'd not only be able to button them (size 38's) up but that they also may become loose considering both the weight loss and the potential 2 inch stretch factor.

So my question is this: If I wanted a some what slim fit, and considering the above, would it make any sense to go down from a size 38 to a 36 right now? Or should I just stick with the 38's? I really don't know if it's possible and I'm wondering if it would take a ridiculous amount of time to stretch and button up or if it's simply not realistic to think I'll wiggle my fat ass into a size 36.

If all else fails, I'd honestly use one of these:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/jdl75/s5000vx/P1000453.jpg

...to make them fit, just as long as I get a more slim fit in the legs and a waist that fits.

Any help with this would be appreciated as I really don't know enough about sizing to make an informed decision at the moment.

Guest Westbound

I'll see if I can manage a way to post some pics. For some reason Windows isn't registering my DC, so I think I have to re-install XP and I don't really have time to do that at the moment. If I figure out a way (perhaps get a disposable camera or something), I'll post a few pics.

Is it possible to give me any advice just based on what you guys read?

I'll see if I can manage a way to post some pics. For some reason Windows isn't registering my DC, so I think I have to re-install XP and I don't really have time to do that at the moment. If I figure out a way (perhaps get a disposable camera or something), I'll post a few pics.

Is it possible to give me any advice just based on what you guys read?

Wow, sounds annoying as hell! This should be a commercial for Mac as to why it destroys PC. Anyways, are you really planning on losing the weight? If so then maybe I'd downsize. It also might be motivation to get your fat ass in gear. But as you have no photos, I do not want to suggest that you purchase something that is just ridiculous. I myself am usually in the minority when it come to fitting as I do not find men dressed in painted on jeans a good look. So my personal advice to you would be to stick with that 38 as the reality of the situation is you most likely won't lose the weight and you can't even button them as it is. Sorry I can't be more of a help.

Guest Westbound
Anyways, are you really planning on losing the weight? If so then maybe I'd downsize.

Yea', I definitely am.

I myself am usually in the minority when it come to fitting as I do not find men dressed in painted on jeans a good look.

Me either. The way the 38's look now, I very highly doubt a size 36 would have that painted-on look - I think they'd be a nice, slim fit. After trying them on again just a moment ago, they're definitely leaning more towards annoyingly baggy than just "okay." And because of that, I'm now leaning more towards going with the 36's than I was when I originally posted. I'll try to get some pics up soon, tho', as I'm pretty sure most of you would agree.

...the reality of the situation is you most likely won't lose the weight...

Thanks for the motivation.

Sorry I can't be more of a help.

It's good. Your effort is appreciated.

A few detailed shots of the Iron Heart Messenger Bag 21oz Selvedge Denim for those of you who are interested...

Front (Closed)

IMG_0419.jpg

Top View Open (Both Pockets Closed)

IMG_0421.jpg

Top View Open (Both Pockets Slightly Open)

IMG_0423.jpg

Top View Open (Small Pocket Folded Back, Big Pocket Open)

IMG_0425.jpg

Top View Open (Both Pockets Folded Back)

IMG_0426.jpg

Inside (Open)

IMG_0427.jpg

Outside (Open)

IMG_0429.jpg

Bottom

IMG_0430.jpg

Side

IMG_0431.jpg

Nice messenger. How much did that set you back? Does it bleed over everything?

$150 @ http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/Messenger%20Bag.html

Unfortunately they are sold out at the moment but if you contact [email protected] I'm sure that they can help you with information on a reorder.

I have only worn mine twice thus far and only with a denim shirt and a dark flannel, so I have not seen anything yet. I will keep my progress posted on this thread though.

Kiya and whoever else:

Here's the IH super heavy chambray size medium. It's fitted on me but I don't know if it will fit after a soak or wash. It's a rigid shirt and I would eventually like to let it hit water to soften it over time instead of dry cleaning it only. Should I go with a large considering they are suppose to shrink? Anyone have any experience with them yet?

img1347fl.jpg img1348n.jpg

Cold soak that shit for 10 minutes and then start wearing it.

See you in St Louis this winter.

^^^^ The fit looks perfect so long as you are comfy. But yea, I would say the sleeve length looks short, but if you size up one, you may have to then have the shirt tailored to fit right. I had this same issue with the Mister Freedom Chambray in choosing between small and medium. Ultimately I went with the bigger size. 20 years from now when I am more grown, I'm not going to want to be wearing 'hip' clothes that have short sleeves. Know what I mean? Pick your poison.

--Markmont.