Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

E71 is the shit. i'd replace my E61i with this one if the keys weren't that thin and the screen reduced. and also my E61i will be too hard to resell, i like destroying it, that shit is undestroyable.

Personally, I would really only bother with two and three, but really when reading all these the important thing to remember is fuck Ayn Rand. Randians are only about a baker's dozen brain cells above trenchcoat mafia nihilist-lite types.More of her novels are bought by people wearing Affliction than any other contemporary novelist. Just saying.

Affliction? What the fuck are you talking about? Since when do MMA-poser meatheads and guidos have anything to do with Ayn Rand books?

You don't have to sympathize with her viewpoints / ideology to appreciate the fact that she was a unique visionary with a refreshing message in a sea of liberal counterparts.

There is a reason her works continue to be amongst the top selling books each year.

Shut the fuck up.

Alright, jesting stereotypes aside, Rand's theory was about as far from refreshing as one can get, if anything it was a co-opted mis-reading of almost a century of preceding continental philosophy. I find that she flattens the dialectic between individual-group into this sort of stilted comic book war of self-powering. Howard Roark possesses about as much depth as Doc Savage. And even beyond the fact that I find her ideology embarrassing and trite, she's just a shitty writer. Her prose just seems so flat and lifeless.

And the reason her books remain best-sellers is the same reason the Art of War does: jock management and advertising students think it will help them make their first million. Pfft.

I don't know, I mean, I don't really take pleasure in shitting on people's taste in books, but she just invokes for me this whole school of shallow self-satisfaction. A matter of politics, I guess.

Alright, jesting stereotypes aside, Rand's theory was about as far from refreshing as one can get, if anything it was a co-opted mis-reading of almost a century of preceding continental philosophy. I find that she flattens the dialectic between individual-group into this sort of stilted comic book war of self-powering. Howard Roark possesses about as much depth as Doc Savage. And even beyond the fact that I find her ideology embarrassing and trite, she's just a shitty writer. Her prose just seems so flat and lifeless.

And the reason her books remain best-sellers is the same reason the Art of War does: jock management and advertising students think it will help them make their first million. Pfft.

I don't know, I mean, I don't really take pleasure in shitting on people's taste in books, but she just invokes for me this whole school of shallow self-satisfaction. A matter of politics, I guess.

at first glance , i understood about 1% of this statement

(for the record, i got the other 99 at second)

You don't have to sympathize with her viewpoints / ideology to appreciate the fact that she was a unique visionary with a refreshing message in a sea of liberal counterparts.

There is a reason her works continue to be amongst the top selling books each year.

Shut the fuck up.

Uhm, so Nietzsche was a left winger huh? Heidegger too? Ayn Rand is to philosophy what a strong shit smell is to the act of lovemaking; its not gonna completely stop it but it sure does set it back.

And I find it necessary to tell you to get off the computer because you're going to be late to your Epistemology class. ;) I joke, I joke

876843585_m.jpg

She isn't acclaimed because her writing-style or prose are revolutionary; hell, English isn't even her first language. If you have ever seen or read interviews with the woman, you would know that she was quite educated and extremely sharp. Despite her books often being overly lengthy and occasionally repetitive, her message was simplistic but necessary. With a slew of uneducated, liberal cunts graduating from colleges every year, reading at least one of her books should be a societal requirement.

Uhm, so Nietzsche was a left winger huh? Heidegger too? Ayn Rand is to philosophy what a strong shit smell is to the act of lovemaking; its not gonna completely stop it but it sure does set it back.

What a terribly irrelevant question. I won't give you the satisfaction of addressing it.

I don't consider her works as relevant in the philosophical sense. I just like it that the heroes in her books get to be selfish billionaires.

With a slew of uneducated, liberal cunts graduating from colleges every year, reading at least one of her books should be a societal requirement.

I fucking hate these people. . .3 years in college and a subscription to adbusters and everyone thinks they can save the fucking planet.

I fucking hate these people. . .3 years in college and a subscription to adbusters and everyone thinks they can save the fucking planet.

That's alright. They shape up a little after 4 years of being someone's secretary. The rest stay mad and move to Washington/Oregon. And San Francisco.

over the summer...

clothes.jpg

1. H&M hoodie

2. H&M windbreaker/raincoat

3. H&M v-neck sweater

4. Uniqlo v-neck tees

5. Nike Hi Dunks

6. Hare striped turtleneck l/s

7. Ray-Ban wayfarers

8. Julian Red Dark Dancers

media.jpg

Les Misérables

Heima a film by Sigur Rós

2001: A Space Odyssey

A Clockwork Orange

The Juniper Tree

Björk Volumen

camera.jpg

Sigma 30mm f/1.4

Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5

Sandisk Extreme III 4gb

for the inquiring minds who want to know what is in the package...

2721018280_5db94fae13.jpg

Vintage Handmade in Handmade (lulz)

The Alchemist

and something close to illegible scrawled on a notecard (just playin)

Thanks Sam!

ps. your return package is being assembled. Expect it before August is out...

Just got some Uniqlo T's and a Fred Perry polo today...

recent1.jpg

recent4.jpg

recent5.jpg

recent6.jpg

recent7.jpg

Hare T-shirt and jacket I got during the zozo summer sale:

recent2.jpg

Thanks to Zipangu Treasures for the Proxy, and to readytoignite for the Fred Perry.

P.S. Don't mind the ghetto ass A.C.