Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Yes, i agree. i dont want to turn this into a car thread, but when i saw the lines on the mk6 esp the back, i was hooked. the mk5 was the worst ever, imo, and theyre on the right track again.

look at the 2011 sti. :mad:

How do you like the M50s? Do you use them for personal listening or monitoring?

They haven't come in yet, but I'll be using them mostly for monitoring since I can't trust my KRKs to provide me with an accurate reference. Considering getting a headphone amp because they supposedly work better once they have been "burned in" (powered for 40 or so hours at relatively loud levels), can anyone confirm this?

Once I try them out for a week I'll write up a detailed response in the studio threak

....alleviate the whackness thereof.

Calling something whack in the the most whack way possible is a bit pleonastic/self-referential, don't you think? or did you notice?

I don't know what "I live 2 hours away" has to do with anything, or if it's some phrase that the kids are using, but I was referring to the fact that you're defending your taste with the logic equivalent of "well, everyone else is doing it."

Having wanted these shoes long before I knew they would be an ordeal to actually acquire, and the fact they are sold out because they are made in low quantities, no- it has nothing to do with 'everyone else is doing it.' Even if it did, at a certain price point, people don't buy things without a proportional amount of deliberation- so I think it is valid to say that most people who buy these shoes are serious about fashion, and considering how quickly these sold out nearly everywhere in reasonable sizes- its a reasonable argument to say that they are not 'whack.'

and "I live 2 hours away" being some new phrase the 'kids are using' (who even says that?)? are you some kind of dumbass? Of course I thought you were referring to traveling to a snobby city like Paris to pick up a pair of shoes.

Go back to your polico-tabloid newspaper and fuck yourself

Calling something whack in the the most whack way possible is a bit pleonastic, don't you think?

Having wanted these shoes long before I knew they would an ordeal to actually acquire, and the fact they are sold out because they are made in low quantities, no- it has nothing to do with 'everyone else is doing it.' Even if it did, at a certain price point, people don't buy without a proportional deliberation- so I think it is valid to say that most people who buy these shoes are serious about fashion, and considering how quickly the sold out nearly everywhere in reasonable sizes- that they are not 'whack.'

and 'I live 2 hours away' being some new phrase the 'kids are using' (who even says that?)? are you some kind of dumbass? Of course I thought you were referring to traveling to a snobby city like Paris to pick up a pair of shoes.

Go back to your polico-tabloid newspaper and fuck yourself

There's a tonne of badly designed and poorly crafted expensive fashion out there that people buy in droves. But it's still a matter of taste. If you like the shoes, just say it. There was no need to justify their worth to you by commenting on their worth to others.

Angry about sneakers much?

no, just stuck behind a computer from 9-5.

should be understandable

There's a tonne of badly designed and poorly crafted expensive fashion out there that people buy in droves. But it's still a matter of taste. If you like the shoes, just say it. There was no need to justify their worth to you by commenting on their worth to others.

Agreed. I like these shoes. A lot.

...at a certain price point, people don't buy things without a proportional amount of deliberation- so I think it is valid to say that most people who buy these shoes are serious about fashion, and considering how quickly these sold out nearly everywhere in reasonable sizes- its a reasonable argument to say that they are not 'whack.'

gtfobaby1.gif

yeah, they aren't. :cool:

Especially considering they sold out in every 'normal' size almost immediately after being released. Had to put them on hold over the phone and pick them up in Paris

cool

everyone is subject to their own opinion. i owned the white margiela highs a year ago but that colourway just looks ugly to me

glad u got what u wanted.. i guess if i drove 2 hours for those i'd defend my purchase too