Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC02

kiya

I sized true with these pants.

In order to get Jimmy's or Sidneylo's fit, I would need to either have very skinny legs or have sized up, which Kiya recommended.

I went with what I knew which was a 30" waist. When I first got the pants, I was scared that they would always be overly tight, but that was just me getting my denim cherry outta the way.

Now, I like slim cuts. They go with the style of the young kids.

When I'm in an older, more mature fashion age group, no doubt I'll be rocking them well-fitted straights.

Jimmy, I love the fit by the way. It looks good on you.

-JF

I sized true with these pants.

I sized true. Size 34. My upper thighs are 24in. Normally with slims I size up to 36. So these are a bit tight for me. I normally wear repro cuts, but these, like my KMW 1980s, are just something different for me to wear. You can't wear the same cut all the time.

I'm in the oldies crowd btw. :rolleyes:

When the SEXFH roll around, I might size up in them if I get a pair. Jimmy does have a damn nice fit going on.

Kiya, will the FH collab be out by BAC? I'm definitely trying to make it this year.

-JF

That isn't skin tight.Although, it is very on the slim side.

Lookin' good man.

Since I started reposting in this thread, I've started wearing these jeans again daily. Gotta love these guys.

-JF

damn i dig the lower rise on the sz28 compared to the larger sizes. but i doubt i can fit those, a 29 is probably better. im a 27 (with initial pain) in diors, 29 in fh310, and basically 29 in most other jeans. what do you guys think?

You need a 29 in the SEXSC02.

Your balls will hate you forever if you buy a 28.

and yea your balls will get crushed, fortunately my hip was 29 so i can sag it down a bit to leave some room for my balls, but even then im getting like a ball fade cause of that extremely low rise.

Heres an update of mine at about 3 months, washed them once last week as they were a bit dirty.

These two were taken with no flash in my room at night.

SN150227.jpgSN150239.jpg

This one was with flash

SN150229.jpg

And these are natural light

SN150244.jpg

SN150249.jpg

Mine were purchased true to size and I have plenty of room. I actually think this is a really comfortable fit, more so than my imperial collabs and my old apc new cures which both have a much slimmer fit.

According to the SelfEdge.com fit-chart, the SExI04 have smaller thigh and leg opening measurements than the SExSC02.

SExI04 size 30

Waist - 32

Inseam - 40

Thigh - 10.8

Leg Opening - 7.1

Rise - 10.3

SExSC02 size 30

Waist - 31

Inseam - 37

Thigh - 11.2

Leg Opening - 7.7

Rise - 10

You're saying that the SExI fit looser?

-JF

According to the SelfEdge.com fit-chart, the SExI04 have smaller thigh and leg opening measurements than the SExSC02.

SExI04 size 30

Waist - 32

Inseam - 40

Thigh - 10.8

Leg Opening - 7.1

Rise - 10.3

SExSC02 size 30

Waist - 31

Inseam - 37

Thigh - 11.2

Leg Opening - 7.7

Rise - 10

You're saying that the SExI fit looser?

-JF

I think it's because those measurements are for presoak sexsc.

Plenty of room? That's alot more different than how my SC's fit. My SEXI04 and APC NS fit alot more looser. These are probably the slimmest jeans I have, nut huggers<3.

=P

I think it's because those measurements are for presoak sexsc.

It doesn't really matter much. Granted you lose a bit in the waist as well as the length, but like any other jean after wearing them for a bit they stretch back out. Like I had said before I just personally feel that the way the crotch fits in the sugarcane collab is much more comfortable than that of the imperial. New standards aren't as slim as new cures. I have a 30 in Imperials in a 31 in sugarcanes because I'm a true waist 32. So I bought the sugarcanes and initially soaked them and wore them so they didn't shrink too much, but even so they still stretch back out pretty close to their initial measurements in the waist.

2nd on the roomy Sugar Cane crotch.

Personally, I have no experience with the Imperials. Yet, it makes perfect sense that different denim has a different shrink to stretch ratio.

In the end, doesn't high shrinkage just scream, "Keep dry!" until plenty of stretch has occured?

• 4 weeks later...

This is quite a fine jean. Great fit and overall look, rofl.

My own have a blown pocketbag, holes in the knee and left backpocket, and complete fade to white on wallet, knees, and buttoks.

I need to repair them holes. They look cool, but they only get bigger with time.

-JFleshman