Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC02

kiya

roflcopterpwnsyou - good stuff, when did you have to patch up the crotch tear?

I've had to patch it multiple times. My first tear came I guess like March, and I've had like four or five tears since then. My front pocket lining is currently in shambles, I cant even use the left side one because its entirely split.

Just hop into the bath wearing them and your hips will stop the waist shrinking down.

This is exactly what I did.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
the rise seems quite low for these, how much did they shrink by after an initial soak??

If you listen to the sizing advice everyone from Self Edge gives, you should be just fine.

Rofl, could we get a comment from you whether this thread is worth looking at for potential SExSC06 buyers?

Not that it matters much coming from me but the SC02 are probably some of my favorite jeans. My only regret is that I sized down one too many. Great fit, fading, and all around properties.

the inseam was kind of short post-soak. but i end up sagging my jeans since the rise was killing me, so it was all good. but yea seems as if most of u guys saw my evo pics with me wearing them, but here are the pics with just itself.

since 01/19/2008

1 wash 2 soaks

6"0" 145lbs. size 28

DSC_1675small.jpg

DSC_1676small.jpg

DSC_1677small.jpg

DSC_1679small.jpg

and x-posted from evo thread

DSC_1632.jpg

DSC_1630.jpg

CIMG3222.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After multiple repairs and reinforcements in busted, frayed, and heavily worn areas, my pseudo-denim-Frankenstein is complete.. kind of.

Anyways, the repairs add a lot of character to the jeans.

I'll get pictures in natural light ASAIR (As Soon As I Remember).

-JF

After multiple repairs and reinforcements in busted, frayed, and heavily worn areas, my pseudo-denim-Frankenstein is complete.. kind of.

Anyways, the repairs add a lot of character to the jeans.

I'll get pictures in natural light ASAIR (As Soon As I Remember).

-JF

I'm excited about seeing these...yours were the most absurdly tight of any I had seen pictures of, and i am guessing that for this denim, that probably resulted in some pretty excellent wear.

• 2 weeks later...

3107161017_41f1c5894c_o.jpg3107992118_fb000c2a3f.jpg3107991922_3cee071544.jpg3107992294_a821da30a8.jpg3107992484_60161e60c9.jpg3107992686_2d1fdb63ba.jpg3107162193_d91ea0124b.jpg3107162359_c903e0e7f2.jpg3107993184_ef378fd403.jpg

The Flickr HTML didn't seem to be working, so I had to link the medium-sized images. If you would like to see larger pictures, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/jfleshman.

I'll get fit pics soon.

Also, I didn't like the turn-out of these pictures. I think the colors are too off, but I'm terrible with photography, so I'm just rollin' with it. :)

-JF

Purple stitching with patching on the interior in frayed areas or areas with busted warp.

The back belt-loop is a replacement. The previous one was in two pieces. :D

The pants are holding together decently, but they stink to high hell. I actually had complaints from the tailor. :)

I'm planning to give these guys a cold wash with Dr. Bronner's once I get my hands on some. I'll get post-wash pics. I'm curious what that'll do to them too.

I have two questions:

At what point should these jeans just be machine-washed regularly? I remember Sidney Lo stated that he washes his FH 3001s like normal jeans since they've already reached a high point of fade.

And

Do I need Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds or Liquid Soap?

-JF

I don't like the fit presentation, but I have to respect the wear...must have been a lot of washing to reach that shade of blue

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

401 days of wear. 1 warm pre-soak, 1 cold soak. 3 cold tub washes w/dr bronner's equivalent and bare minimum hand agitation. most recent wash was last night. fyi, size 32 and true to size.

sorry 'bout the bad pix. crappy photographer, crappy camera, overcast day, whattayagonna do?

101_1003.jpg101_1009.jpg101_1000.jpg

wallet fade

101_1008.jpg

some serious leg twist

101_1002.jpg

some have crotch selvage, i have a crotch sport stripe

101_0999-2.jpg

my sedentary lifestyle has rewarded me with a great lap fade, unfortunately it punished my combs. they're finally starting to break for me, so i guess i'm going to give them another month or so of daily wear.

more pix to found in the evo thread...