The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Very cool looking and interesting wallet fade.
Yeah those are some seriously different fades. I like em
Wow those are some seriously weird looking whisker patterns on the Imperials, but cool.

Thanks guys. Yeah i have a weird pair of jeans. I never really realized how different my whiskers looked.

looks like he switched wallets sometime during the wear.

confirmation?

and nope, its been the same wallet. Its just because of how my wallet is shaped.

I dunno if u can tell but look how its shaped. See if you can match it up.

Daily1459.jpg

Ill post post wash 2maro.

Levi's 501STF. The cheap kind. First raw denim experiment, cost me $33.

Worn from late September-October until about April? On-off at some points. Went two weeks without wearing them at one point. Washed just now, hot, unfortunately dried as well but not as much shrinkage as I thought. Probably should have gotten them longer initially.

Cold soak around end of January:

Post-wash (real color is a little darker):

3.jpg

4.jpg

those turn out very very nice. really nice!

great first post and so is it too short for you now?

Presenting my raw Nudie Straight Svens. Worn everyday for 11 months. One cold water wash done at 10.5 months.

I'm very happy with how the jeans have turned out. I'm wondering though, do you guys think I should have done a hot wash instead of cold? The fades I got were good but not as dramatic as I expected. I also don't get why the jeans still look so damn dirty (especially on the front) after having been washed. Maybe at 12 months I'll do a hot wash and semi-retire them? Gotta get to work on the AW Cougars :)

Jacob

If you have a look on the previous page you will see my 6 month straight svens with only 2 or 3 days wear a week. I was suprised yours didn't look better after a wash because that's when mine really popped!

The things we did differently was that I hot hand washed and you cold machine washed. The amount of shit that came out of mine when I washed was incredible. I'm glad they didn't get a machine wash as they would of only been washed in all that shitty water, probably making them dirtier! It took 6 to 10 fresh batches with no soap to get all the brown out, then about the same to get all the indigo out. Then I used soap and got a little more out. I would recommend next wash do it hot, by hand and get all the shit out

before you dry them.

I was relaxing outside earlier today reading Salem's Lot by Stephen King, when an old man, apparently homeless, walked by wearing the most perfectly worn jeans I've ever seen. As people here have acknowledged before, even crappy walmart brand jeans can sometimes deliver results on par with the most venerated examples seen on this forum. This man's jeans were a testament to that. He must have lived and slept in them for at least five years. He had a pretty standard wallet fade on them, but the honeycombs were really something special. I'm not going to try and describe them, but they were beautiful, simply beautiful. I actually got up and started following him. In my mind, I was turning over different ways I could somehow buy them from him or trade another pair of my pants for them. My downstairs neighbor always leaves a huge bag of bottles outside his door, which might have made for a good bartering tool, also. My apartment was only a few blocks away and he had a pretty slow pace (probably making my following somewhat obvious now that I think about it), so I figured he wasn't in a rush anywhere and wouldn't mind coming to my place. However, I came to my senses and didn't do anything. I just tried to make a strong mental note of how they looked since it's likely I'll never again see such a perfect pair of jeans in my life. Anyway, it would have been much too creepy and dangerous to bring him to my apartment, even if I were to have him wait downstairs or in the hall. Actually, it would probably be more creepy to him than to me. He'd probably think I was like Patrick Bateman from American Psycho and wanted to kill him or something (Damn it! That actually would have been the best option, then I'd have the jeans for free. Of course, I would have to find a way to dispose of the body...). Don't get me wrong, I realize this description of merely considering approaching him is way creepy already.

my fades are never symmetrical.

i think you get the old fade look if you wash early before you start getting those nice creases in... don't have to start over, but if you love your jeans and want another pair, go for it. :)

Samurai s5000vx worn for 200 days.

Just gave them a machine wash and threw them in the dryer. In total I've had 2-3 soaks and 1 machine wash/dry. No flash used in the pictures.

PS. Since the pictures are kind of big, I can resize them if needed.. :o

CIMG8630.jpg

CIMG8637.jpg

those turn out very very nice. really nice!

great first post and so is it too short for you now?

thanks.

they're a little short, but not bad. goes past my ankles when i stand but above them when i sit...i'll probably still wear them until august or so.

haha yeah no matter what i'll always love these jeans.

That one random line that goes all the way across used to piss me off too haha, i have no idea where it came from. I'm actually gonna stop wearing em after about another month.

i think they look fine too. remember that the color contrasts will change in the first week or so after you start wearing them again, that's what it's been like with my raws. as for that "random line," if it's the one i think you're talking about, i would guess that it's because we keep different shit in each pocket so the jeans whisker differently when you sit or go fetal or whatever.

the result of my wash.

I think these are the weirdest pair of jeans ive ever owned.

Oddest fading i've ever seen.

Daily1462.jpg

From the end of your pocket bag, no? I have a crease that runs like that on my Cougar #001, button side and all, especially when I sit.