The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

looks like paint. paint just doesn't come out of denim at all. i helped a friend paint her room forever ago and i still don't have the paint out of my skulls after many months and 2? washes.

I know they are only Nudies and no one cares for them, but I love how these have finally turned out!

Nudies.gif

Pictures are pre and post wash. Handwashed in HOT water with Samurai soap after 6 months weekend wear. The first water shot was the colour after the first few batches of new water, and the second water shot was after a dozen or so fresh batches of water. That water was dank!

Oh, I couldn't find the "show us what you got" thread but here you go, these are my jeans that I actually use.

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

From the top:

LVC 501 1889 single backpocket

LVC 501 1930s 201, 555 circa 1996

Warehouse 1920s Lee

Denim Demon Aahka, trying to sell these

Edwin Nashville

Skull 5507XX

Nice jeans u got there nemoulette. Are those 1880 Levi's at the top? Was looking at them recently and they look pretty cool...do they fit true to size or did you downsize?

Thanks

Presenting my raw Nudie Straight Svens. Worn everyday for 11 months. One cold water wash done at 10.5 months.

Pre-wash (shitty iPhone pix):

pre-wash1.JPG

pre-wash2.JPG

pre-wash3.JPG

pre-wash4.JPG

Post-Wash

wash1.JPG

wash2.JPG

wash3.JPG

wash4.JPG

I'm very happy with how the jeans have turned out. I'm wondering though, do you guys think I should have done a hot wash instead of cold? The fades I got were good but not as dramatic as I expected. I also don't get why the jeans still look so damn dirty (especially on the front) after having been washed. Maybe at 12 months I'll do a hot wash and semi-retire them? Gotta get to work on the AW Cougars :)

Jacob

Levi's 501STF. The cheap kind. First raw denim experiment, cost me $33.

Worn from late September-October until about April? On-off at some points. Went two weeks without wearing them at one point. Washed just now, hot, unfortunately dried as well but not as much shrinkage as I thought. Probably should have gotten them longer initially.

Cold soak around end of January:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Post-wash (real color is a little darker):

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Overall pleased...moving on to APC Rescues soon I guess.