The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Iron Heart denim is weird...I know it is tough as hell - construction wise - but the fade pattern is just not exciting....

Also the worn in examples on the British website are quite "boring"

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/Worn634simages.htm

While i agree that the Iron Heart denim doesn't produce the most interesting fade, i think it makes up for it by producing great looking broken denim.

The edges of the fabric which have gone through hard wear for long periods of time (1.5 to 3 years..) look absolutely amazing, something i've never seen from any other denim, mostly due to the fact that other jeans just wouldn't last nearly that long combined with the thick warp threads breaking away to leave a bright white weft showing.

It's really unique and i still love seeing really old pairs of IH's denim..

That's what i mean..great construction - made to last - but not such an amazing fade pattern..It's a shame I won't make it to ur party - would love to see these with my own eyes - just to get a feel for them....

I just took a good look at the photos.. they really don't look like that at all in person.

I'm going to attempt to take better photos of these this weekend and do a repost and put them next to a new pair for some comparisons.. :)

i'm beginning to think the zimbabwe cotton has a thing to do with sharp creases. too soft

I think it's also the weight of the denim (I have absolutely no clue what jeans are you talking about). I have my old Fullcounts and they have worn through on some of the whiskers. All my < 14oz jeans have very sharp creases and the thick ones more round ones.

I wouldn't wash them, they are looking super great to me. In case of emergency you can dry clean them.

Rodolfos Jeans Extreme Collection (since 1973), Zuerich, Switzerland. Unwashed raw Denim rag items wanted, no matter how ugly or stained, worn out. www.jeansmuseum.org (german only, english later), [email protected]

err i think you sized down 4? am i right? its either that or you popped the top 2 buttons...and the color on those 811 are really faded what kind of detergent you using?

haha, the jeans are eternal x bear tagged size 32 but are actually 28 in waist, thankfully they stretched to a 30. So yea i don't do the top two buttons, used to only be one a few months ago. I don't use detergent.

Hi,

APC NS. Purchased on November 11, 2006.

Been wearing them for 1 year, no wash.

6ujrdqw.png

8dxrk28.png

Any suggestions for washing them? I was thinking of doing a 3-4 hour warm water soak.

Sorry I forgot to quote my message Here ones more:

I wouldn't wash them, they are looking super great to me. In case of emergency you can dry clean them.

Rodolfos Jeans Extreme Collection (since 1973), Zuerich, Switzerland. Unwashed raw Denim rag items wanted, no matter how ugly or stained, worn out. www.jeansmuseum.org (german only, english later), [email protected]

flash; no natural light today

IMG_8432.JPG

IMG_8427.JPG

IMG_8430.JPG

Just saw this pants now, they are super great and would fit perfectly in to Europes craziest collection of real roughest denim rag items. Go ahead and wear them like hell for some other years and then let them rest in piece and send them to www.jeansmuseum.org ([email protected])

Since everyone's shopping today and I'm done with Uni for a week, I figured I'd take some pics of my jeans. Plus I had some wonderful light and I'm wearing my BiGxSuFu jeans now.

These are my Skull 5507XX, worn for about 5 months sporadically. Sometimes every day of the week, sometimes every other day, sometimes not for a couple weeks at all. I would say they have about three months of good wear in them.

Oh, and I'm not exactly sure what size pics can be, so I just put them at 640x320. Let me know if they need to be smaller...

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Lap.jpg

Ass.jpg

Combs.jpg

Patch.jpg

Stacking.jpg