japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

did any of ya'll ever go to A to Z in aoyama? gud fud, gud view, nice staff, decent music.

that's the yoshitomo nara spot right?

its a little too kawaii really, but the staff are cool.

udagawa cafe has good food.

is this the place right on center-gai?

with like a huge lit up mural of a flower or something inside?

this is a really nice cafe, Good place to know to take visitors when you are touring the Shibuya slums looking at bright lights and gyaru. sometimes its crazy crowded though.

that's the yoshitomo nara spot right?

its a little too kawaii really, but the staff are cool.

is this the place right on center-gai?

with like a huge lit up mural of a flower or something inside?

this is a really nice cafe, Good place to know to take visitors when you are touring the Shibuya slums looking at bright lights and gyaru. sometimes its crazy crowded though.

its near the end of center gai. its on your left if you come from shibuya.

where can i find hiphop cds

interested in seeda, dj isso, concrete green and other misc underground hiphop

its near the end of center gai. its on your left if you come from shibuya.

where can i find hiphop cds

interested in seeda, dj isso, concrete green and other misc underground hiphop

wouldn't manhattan records and the shops around there have?

The Manhattan Records mostly has a beat selection of US stuff. It actually takes some effort to find Japanese hip hop in Japan.

i'm aware that joint carries mostly American tween hop but I did see some iSSO mixtapes in the past.

while we're on the topic of music, can anybody point me in the direction of a venue that has good dubstep nights? I've seen a couple vids on youtube of Skream playing at UNIT...

if it makes any difference, I'm a little more enamored with Flying Lotus, Hudson Mohawke, Rustie, Joker, Gaslamp Killer, Nosaj Thing, etc. these days... I'm a longtime listener of radio 1's Mary Anne Hobbs and I'm really loving that "new" dub/hip-hop sound that's blowing up across the world right now. I'll give skream his credit, but the scene has evolved so much that his music is pretty boring in comparison

Hmm. Well, to be honest, that probably doesn't really exist.

and...although house is obviously wide genre, I would say its the one Japan/Tokyo does the best. DJs are just so technically skilled and polished, even when the music isn't my favorite, at least they execute really well.

if you are around, it looks like unit is having a low end party in september

http://fmusic.sakura.ne.jp/low_end_theory_japan_preview_d.html

came back fr3om camelot.

thanks to rajio-chans gaijin ticket.

had lots of fun. the du from trf dj'd. fuck load of young, hot beezies.

the crowd was horrible. lots of exile-look alikes and players?

nanpaing here is fucking hard. the saitama beezies i went there with got scared and left cause duz are aggggggressive.

danced like a motherfucker cause i (sadly) knew most of the songs they played e.g. flo-rida

the sound system was real good too

came back fr3om camelot.

thanks to rajio-chans gaijin ticket.

had lots of fun. the du from trf dj'd. fuck load of young, hot beezies.

the crowd was horrible. lots of exile-look alikes and players?

nanpaing here is fucking hard. the saitama beezies i went there with got scared and left cause duz are aggggggressive.

danced like a motherfucker cause i (sadly) knew most of the songs they played e.g. flo-rida

the sound system was real good too

Doh.

Didn't realize the nanpa is aggressive there.

Went home early last night.

Haven't been clubbing in 3 weeks hope to keep it that way.

It depends of the style of traveling you are planning for your trip.

If you want to be in a nice tower hotel **** ***** you can check on tripadvisor and you can get a decent room for 120~150$ a day. To commute you should take a pasmo because it is easier than buying ticket at each station. For food, it also depend on what you are planning. If you want to eat great food at night especially and not spending much for lunch you can plan for a budget of 400Y for breakfast, 800Y for lunch, 500Y or more for drinks (impossible to walk around during summer without it) and take a nice dinner in a B kyu restaurant for about 2000 to 10000Y or more depending of what you want to eat (yakiniku, teppanyaki,...). Well, I think you should plan for 2000Y to commute, 10000Y for food and bar and the money to pay your place per day. I think that i am quite accurate about the figures but you should ask to other members or snitch the thread for more info. Of course you can plan for less or more depending of your means and the comfort you are seeking for the trip. Don't hesitate if you have more questions

what spot serves the best gyouza in tokyo? some days i feel i could live my whole life entirely off of those things.

王将

王将

王将

王将

王将

i know it's everywhere but

trust me it's fucking good

will be in j-land for the next 2 weeks, mostly in Tokyo

holla if you're down with beers / clubbing or whatever

On a side note, anyone know of a good Docomo / Softbank phone that could be easily be unlocked and brought back to Canada. My blackberry is too ghetto to work in Japan (there's no word the describe to joy or having a 2 weeks break from the blinking red light though), but i can't live without a phone / access to email so i thought i would buy a phone and cancel the contract before i leave (does it still cost ¥3,000?). Alternative could be to rent a phone, but they generally don't have data access.

Need help tracking down tickets for some music festival in Tokyo for my girlfriend.

Its called FOOL'S FEST 09 ~midsummer dream~.

http://www.backstage.co.jp/artist/index.php?id=15

I know tickets are already sold out but if any of you can track some down for me it would be greatly appreciated.

yahoo auction or those ticket reselling service counters in shinjuku or shibuya

http://www.yokohamaticket.co.jp/

#1 ticket reselling shop in tokyo. i've bought several jpop live tickets there before.

On a side note, anyone know of a good Docomo / Softbank phone that could be easily be unlocked and brought back to Canada. My blackberry is too ghetto to work in Japan (there's no word the describe to joy or having a 2 weeks break from the blinking red light though), but i can't live without a phone / access to email so i thought i would buy a phone and cancel the contract before i leave (does it still cost ¥3,000?). Alternative could be to rent a phone, but they generally don't have data access.

jane and lab brought their american iphones to japan

and they got raped with the roaming fees.

DONT DO IT

It depends of the style of traveling you are planning for your trip.

If you want to be in a nice tower hotel **** ***** you can check on tripadvisor and you can get a decent room for 120~150$ a day. To commute you should take a pasmo because it is easier than buying ticket at each station. For food, it also depend on what you are planning. If you want to eat great food at night especially and not spending much for lunch you can plan for a budget of 400Y for breakfast, 800Y for lunch, 500Y or more for drinks (impossible to walk around during summer without it) and take a nice dinner in a B kyu restaurant for about 2000 to 10000Y or more depending of what you want to eat (yakiniku, teppanyaki,...). Well, I think you should plan for 2000Y to commute, 10000Y for food and bar and the money to pay your place per day. I think that i am quite accurate about the figures but you should ask to other members or snitch the thread for more info. Of course you can plan for less or more depending of your means and the comfort you are seeking for the trip. Don't hesitate if you have more questions

Du, i know a bunch of hotels that are really fucking awesome and ~80 USD. They are all like 10 mins from shibuya including walking to the station.

you can always withdraw $$$ from the atms

jane and lab brought their american iphones to japan

and they got raped with the roaming fees.

DONT DO IT

i didnt get raped cuz i purchased the traveler and connect discounts beforehand.

but it's still much cheaper to get a prepaid w/ softbank.

even though everyone else seems to have stopped making them, i was in tokyo for close to four months earliest this year and got a pre-paid with softbank. off the top of my head the phone was 7000 yen and you can get 3000/5000 yen cards. you pay 1000 yen a month for unlimited email or something which is all i used it for. buying pre-paid cards is easy but getting the phone and signing up is a real bitch and took well over an hour...i had to have a japanese friend with me to translate everything before she went back to the US.