japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Cool guy record stores

1) Boot Street Records (nothing but Jrap)

2) Dance Music Record

3) Gan-ban Records

4) Bonjour Records

5) Escalator Records

6) Manhattan Records

7) Disk Union

the lists above are pretty thorough...

ill add the address and description later if i feel like it

i think Lab and I covered 90% of the stores listed when he came to visit

i have no idea

you can usually pay additional 3000 yen when you go to those sleazy places to get the girl's used underwear

the vending machine thing is an old story

Neu-rave / crazy steez / clubbing

1) Acycle Ships Jet Blue

2) Heathen by Midwest

3) Liquor, woman&tears

4) Swg / Phenomenon

5) Height Tokyo (mackdaddy and revolver, I think)

6) Rendevouz (like phenomenon)

I LOVE Acycle.

They carry Advantage Cycle, Fad-3, Juvenile Roll Hall Call, and Anrealage.

All awesome niche labels.

Fixed Gear

1) W-base

2) Blue Lug

3) Sexon Super Peace

4) Dept

5) That new store in Futako-shinchi (starfuckers)

6) Carnival Tokyo

Just stumbled upon this:

http://www.google.co.jp/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=ja&msa=0&msid=106093480971354804697.00046f6f976707e0467fe&z=6

Its basically a comprehensive list of bike shops, velodromes, and Keirin builders all over Japan in GOOG Maps format. Its has websites, addresses, etc.

the lists above are pretty thorough...

ill add the address and description later if i feel like it

i think Lab and I covered 90% of the stores listed when he came to visit

Thanks for the list. I only have time to hit 1 store tomorrow before my flight. So I will try Midwest in Shibuya being only 1 stop away from Ebisu.

Here is my list of Japan kops (would have been about another $2000 if clothes fit me):

Julius 09 long sleeve v neck with leather pocket on arm

CCP duct tape sweat shirt

N. Hoolywood Tee

Attachment long sleeve tee

Supreme Peacoat/waterproof cotton

Jun Hishimito double layer long sleeve tee

Several basics from Muji (undershirts, v neck tees

Attachment beanie

Limited Ed. Nikes

Hiroshima Carps lid

if you go up koen-dori towards parco, you make a left and go towards tokyu hands and the udagawa-cho record store areas e.g. manhattan.

it's on the left side. i think it's right across from THE HUB near tokyu hands

http://spacemens.com/shopinfo/

turns out that there's a bunch of them

if you go up koen-dori towards parco, you make a left and go towards tokyu hands and the udagawa-cho record store areas e.g. manhattan.

it's on the left side. i think it's right across from THE HUB near tokyu hands

http://spacemens.com/shopinfo/

turns out that there's a bunch of them

Midwest doesnt open until 12, so I cant do it. Will go to Space and Co. I assume this is in Shibuya too?

Thanks for all of your deets. I wish I asked you this earlier.

I ran into Kenichi Matsuyama and Koyuki Kato in Azabu Juban while walking home from work today. Surreal...

Also ran into Hiroshi Fujiwara at the Roppongi Hills Tsutaya a week ago....

Wish I had the nerve to ask to take a picture with them but seems really douchey....

I've seen HF a lot around the city. I was pretty excited but the novelty wore off cause he's literally everywhere.

One time I was standing in front of Q-front at Shibuya scramble intersection and there was a murdered out AMG SLK55 with crazy air parts. I was like "who this balla b"? I looked inside and it was HF.

I have no idea what the deal with is that Fraser the Nike guy. I've run into him on Toyokosen. It was kinda surreal. I was waiting on the nakame-platform at the eastern tip i.e. closest to shibuya. I was chilling and this one guy who was decked out with head-to-toe mastermind (i think he has nothing to do with fraser) shows up and 5 mins later fraser shows up. they start eye-fucking.

i was wearing MMM head to toe

the shit looks so good. zomg.

this is perfect for drinking wear. i can fuck it up and not give a shit but still look super steezy.

its gonna be a total shit show today with chinese resellers and etc. oh damn.

日本のユニクロを代表する店舗「ユニクロ銀座店」が、2009年10月2日午前10時、これまでの1.5倍に増床してリニューアルオープンする。目玉はなんといっても世界的デザイナーJil Sander(ジル・サンダー)氏との取り組みによる新コレクション「+J(プラスジェイ)」の登場だ。

大型店戦略を加速するユニクロが、今秋最重要と考える店舗が「ユニクロ銀座店」である。従来の店舗である銀座ワシントンビルに加え、新たに右隣に位置する森永銀座五丁目ビルを賃借して増床。2つの建物を一体運営する形となる新生ユニクロ銀座店は、銀座ワシントンビル側をウイメンズフロア、森永銀座五丁目ビル側をメンズフロアとする、総売場面積700坪の超大型店舗となる

http://www.fashionsnap.com/news/2009/10/gallery/uniqlo-ginza-jil-sander.html?photo=1

need recommendations for cheap places to live temporarily. would prefer somewhere on the west side, but not too far from the action. won't have a ton of moniez to splurge on rent. would prefer meguro-/shibuya/nakano-ku or east side of setagaya-ku.

how difficult would it be to find like a room in a shared apartment? best course of action?

i want some tokyo soul food like okonomiyaki and takoyaki (no time for osaka). where do i go (already searched)? willing to travel around in tokyo.

Hyotan in asakusa is pretty highly rated, always has a line of people waiting outside so that's a good sign I guess.

Not a okonomiyaki expert tho, anyone else got any ideas ?

need recommendations for cheap places to live temporarily. would prefer somewhere on the west side, but not too far from the action. won't have a ton of moniez to splurge on rent. would prefer meguro-/shibuya/nakano-ku or east side of setagaya-ku.

how difficult would it be to find like a room in a shared apartment? best course of action?

Share house or share apartment ?

There are quite a few companies that specialize in gaijin house style accommodation that do apartment shares but are pricey for what they are, though 3 week notice period and tiny deposit with no key money or anything is convenient.

I have a similar arrangement with a gaijin friendly leasing company and have a 9th floor apartment for only 80,000 in Nakano-ku.

Since this thread is more or less a total circle jerk, I just created a website.

Tokyo Superfuture List

High Fashion Boutique section is up and running.

Share house or share apartment ?

Either is fine, I guess. Maybe I'm not following you; what would be the difference? Just looking for a room to stay, and I figured if I can share a place with a few good people, that would bring the price down.

There are quite a few companies that specialize in gaijin house style accommodation that do apartment shares but are pricey for what they are, though 3 week notice period and tiny deposit with no key money or anything is convenient.

Yeah, if possible, I'd prefer to stay away from the whole gaijin house bizniz. In my (admittedly short) experience, they're usually filled with nerds that fled to anime land, or bros, or both and I have no patience with those. Plus, GH's are usually dirty and relatively pricey, as you said. I know of one decent in higashi-nakano which is sortof a last resort.

I have a similar arrangement with a gaijin friendly leasing company and have a 9th floor apartment for only 80,000 in Nakano-ku.

Something like this would be nice. Details?