UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

went to the nyc store today to get socks and saw that they have a new shipment of the MIJ jeans, on sale for $59.

they did some sort of re-branding of their jeans but these seem to be the same, only they now have the s002 label as well.

just thought i would give people a heads up.

• 1 month later...

Finally got to go to the NYC store yesterday, the first time in over five year that I stepped foot in Uniqlo Store since the ones in Jersey closed. The place was a mad house, as expected, but that god I got what I was looking for.

I managed to get a pair of selvedge S-001s and it was well worth the price. I'm going to start sometime next week wearing them, after I soak them first.

Finally got to go to the NYC store yesterday, the first time in over five year that I stepped foot in Uniqlo Store since the ones in Jersey closed. The place was a mad house, as expected, but that god I got what I was looking for.

I managed to get a pair of selvedge S-001s and it was well worth the price. I'm going to start sometime next week wearing them, after I soak them first.

they are sanforized, so if you're looking to shrink them, a soak isn't going to work. if you are just looking to get the starch out, then go ahead.

they are sanforized, so if you're looking to shrink them, a soak isn't going to work. if you are just looking to get the starch out, then go ahead.

Yeah, I kinda figured when I read a few posts back. I just want to get rid of the stiffness that they have initally and also get rid of some of the excess indigo that is on them so that my legs don't turn blue when I wear them.

When I first got Uniqlo selvege about three years ago, they were much less stiff and gave up there dye very easily. As a result they faded quickly, but without developing pronounced creases or combs. I got a pair three months ago of the current selvege iteration. They were a lot stiffer, and still remain so, though even with pretty much daily wear they've hardly lost any die, just the slightest hint of fading around the crotch. Therefore I wouldn't see it as necessary to soak them with the purpose of removing excess dye.

These are my raw black selvage slims that I bought last March so it's been a year now, I cold soaked them at 7 months due to spilling a glass of Dr. Pepper and Crown on them : / . At the 7 month soak I noticed they shrunk up nicely but no to much.

I really like how they are turning out but they are a bitch to fade. Not sure when I'm going to give them a proper wash and if it will be hot or cold.

Size 33, didn't stretch at the waist to much.

When I put them on now it feels like I'm putting on my wool pants :cool:

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

This is my feeling exactly. They don't fade at all, especially in comparison to the original iteration of S-000 which shed dye like regular raw denim. I assume uniqlo had too many customer complaints about denim bleed from ignorant scum and added an artificial fixative to the denim production process.

It is hard to get definitive fades in creases and such out of them, but overall they have lightened up quite a bit. When I gave them the cold soak they bleed a lot. Weird pair of denim.

i think that the indigo ones have the potential to develop nice fades, but i all but abandoned my pair when my black knights came. i will probably give them some wear this summer though, as they are lighter weight than the BKs, and it gets muggy as hell here in nyc.

• 1 month later...
This is my feeling exactly. They don't fade at all, especially in comparison to the original iteration of S-000 which shed dye like regular raw denim. I assume uniqlo had too many customer complaints about denim bleed from ignorant scum and added an artificial fixative to the denim production process.

Yes, I'm noticing this also. There is a hell of a lot of creasing on my lap and the back of the knees, however there is very minimal fading, if any at all on these these jeans. Besides the pocket where I keep my cell phone, you can clearly see the out line of the face of the phone, there is no fading at all.

Those are great. Another question: What do u mean by "washed often"? As often as a T-shirt, like once every couple days or every week? Or every month/every few months?

Probably about once every month or two if I had to guess. Remember now, those aren't the Selvage Uniqlo's that are available at Uniqlo today, those came out a few summers ago

• 1 month later...

the ones that younghwan posted are from <2008

they came right before the MIJ ones

i have the same pair :D

though mines havent faded that much

theyre really stubborn to fade, but bleed so much

wear em for a couple hours and u got indigo all over my shoes