UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

There's been much speculation about these- especially after some sharp-eyed HK and UK superfuturians spotted them- so it is definitely time to put all the random chatter to rest and have an official thread for discussing UNIQLO's re-launch of premium selvage

denim jeans.

Many members will remember the minor frenzy that the original UNIQLOselvage jeans caused- especially considering how quickly they became unavailable. You may probably also remember signing mizanation's selvage denim petition. For all of us who've been hoping and praying for all this time, we can finally rest easy, because UNIQLO's selvage jeans are back- and even better than before.

Available in both rigid indigo and black- rare for a selvage denim product- the new UNIQLO premium selvage S-000 is not the same old selvage jean. There are a lot of very unique details about UNIQLO's new premium denim- too many to get into in one post.

63t2m82.jpg

6fgo9pk.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

506rd5w.jpg

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the hell did you get this info? How available will these be (i.e. is there some strange elaborate way of ordering them online from a foreign country...or will they be in Soho)?

I was out and about and uniqlo have loads of signs up (at least two weeks ago now i think) about them selling japanese denim. Also i think that there might of been some selvage denim instore already. I cant remember i couldnt be bothered to walk upstairs to check them out.

Last time they were around i got some with the green selvage i think it was. They were nice for £20 but i took them back due to just fitting abit weird on me.

Also anyone who wants them from the UK ill be happy to run around and pick some up for anyone.

heBAY - supersecret... but it's an official thread for a reason.

the jeans will be available at the SoHo store in September, so there will be no need for elaborate ordering schemes. i'll hopefully have some firm release info for everyone soon.

you might be thinking of a different selvage model that UNIQLO has had on sale in JP and the UK for a while now- this is a redesigned premium selvage model that recently released in JP, and is now on sale in the UK as of maybe two weeks? they had a launch party and everything.

they'll be available in the US within a month, as stated.

So, what? Am I being dense or are you saying they're releasing a new premium selvage version, on top of the models they have already??

Me, duck and tg all saw the indigo and black selvedge with S000 tags on sale a month ago just after the first london meetup ... I've been in once or twice since then and no one's buying them in the UK cos Uniqlo customers are generally a thrifty bunch and as I said they're £20 more than the regular uniqlo jeans without looking any different.

if it was a month ago that you saw them, then that sounds about right- when you said they'd been available for an 'age', i thought you meant a bit further back than that.

in any event, they'll be available in the US soon... more info to come.

could someone please pm me and explain what is the difference between these jeans and all the rest of the uniqlo jean line. i thought they were all selvedge? different denim?

UNIQLO's jeans are not all selvage.

in terms of the US market, when UNIQLO first opened in NYC, they were offering

a selvage denim jean that sold out completely within a few weeks.

since then, there have not been any selvage denim products available in the US,

until now.

starting tomorrow, i'll start posting some more detailed information about the jeans,

so stay tuned- and tell your forumfriends that never read superdenim to start doing so.

UNIQLO's jeans are not all selvage.

in terms of the US market, when UNIQLO first opened in NYC, they were offering

a selvage denim jean that sold out completely within a few weeks.

since then, there have not been any selvage denim products available in the US,

until now.

starting tomorrow, i'll start posting some more detailed information about the jeans,

so stay tuned- and tell your forumfriends that never read superdenim to start doing so.

The jeans that sold out when the NYC flagship store first opened, are the ones that Uniqlo had when they first opened the stores in Jersey. I have a pair, which are probably my favorite jeans that I own. Now that they are putting out a pair of raw jeans, I'm so pysced to get a good pair cheap raw jeans. I'm gonna wear the ever living crap out of them.