UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you ever held a pair of NS? it's like the first time i heard the beatles.....

from the top of my head:

-NS comes factory starched, has more of a shine, and is stiff as shit

-hems are not chain-stitched from what i remember (even though this is something i liked about the s-000)

-quality of denim is just beautiful

-higher rise

-salesgirls at the APC soho store are cute...really cute

still, if you're gonna get your first pair of raw jeans, the s-000/002s are pretty good. my friend sized down correctly, and his fit great, look great, and i envy him for not making the same mistake i did.

stretching's gonna be a bigger problem with the APC raws, so i'm actually debating between new standards or new cures

i'll be posting on supermarket tonight

Yes you know I live in Shanghai and finding some APC here is not that easy, especially their denim. I saw some of them but never I could find their raw. I am going to Paris for Xmas, so will see this by myself. I was asking, since many people were saying the S002s were pretty much same design as NS, now you say S002s are a bit lower on the waist, and I don`t doubt that APC quality is better. However, the stretching is something I worry about, which is something very minimal with the S002s.

• 2 weeks later...

ProfMonnitoff : I have both Selvedge and non selvedge Uniqlo denim. They are really different. Selvedge are heavier and look way better. Even if distressed Uniqlos, as you said, look better than many other denim brands distressed jeans. I thought the Uniqlo contest was about winning a selvedge pair.....that`s disappointing, as Selvedge came in limited edition, unlike other.

Guest MoneyTuff69
ProfMonnitoff : I have both Selvedge and non selvedge Uniqlo denim. They are really different. Selvedge are heavier and look way better. Even if distressed Uniqlos, as you said, look better than many other denim brands distressed jeans. I thought the Uniqlo contest was about winning a selvedge pair.....that`s disappointing, as Selvedge came in limited edition, unlike other.

I thought I had won a pair of raw S-000's, but I got distressed S-002's instead. They are still selvedge though.

I also have a pair of non-selvedge black overdyed uniqlo jeans ("Skinny Fit" - is that what the S-000 is modeled after? They are basically like Cheap Mondays minus the stretch). The quality on those is a bit dubious (weft is dyed in some places but not in others) but for 4000 yen I can't complain.

And like I said the jeans I won are quite nice actually. The main strange thing is that the predistressing had a huge effect on color but none on texture. 2d "whiskers" and "honeycombs" will never work. But then again I doubt we are a large portion of Uniqlo's target audience.

By the way I also got the Uniqlo Paper Vol. 3, and it's the best ad/magazine combo ever. Excellent photography and many great pieces. Also well written, and it has actual articles that aren't just blatant ads. I'm in London in 2 weeks, I'll definitely look at what Uniqlo has to offer and maybe buy something. There was a great looking chunky knit that reminds me of Ann D AW07. The last time I was at a Uniqlo was the one just down the road from the 10 floor Prada building in Ginza/Tokyo. Unfortunately they were in the process of clearing out the old collection so there was not that much to see.

That is odd...the one available in store have a different main label on the back...itr says Original Basic Premium, yours say Uniqlo Selvedge Denim....Anyway this gives us an idea of how these will eventually fade. IMO yours look not bad actually !

• 1 month later...