UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

They still selling these selvage in Japan? Anyone knows if the S-000 skinner same as like Skull 0500 or APC NS or Imperial duke? Should I size up or down?

a little bit skinner than APC NS... u can size down one... they stretch a bit

dude...that was mentionned before they are true to size !! A sz 32 measures exactly 32inches in the waist, this works for all Uniqlo`s pants.

In Japan they sell at 4,990円 and still available.

Tks man.......

• 8 months later...
They dont have the premium MIJs in nyc unikro any more. I was gonna kop a pair for beaterz

i was there yesterday and they had some. 2 standing racks near the other jeans, some black, some blue, with both slim and regular cuts in each.

no idea what the frequency of this is, although i would love to know. can't buy another pair of jeans for a month or 2 but want to make a pair of these my next purchase, so if i missed out and will have to wait forever, i'll be pissed.

come on there cheap, buy them and stash them for later...

i'm married and just bought some pure blue japan jeans, so, cheap or not, my jeans purchases for the month are definitely over. marriage changes everything.

i'll just hope they have more when i can buy them,

im also married whats your point? have been for 3 years i also have a daughter

ok, despite the fact that you know exactly what my point is, i'll answer.

my point? now that i share a budget and the decisions to keep to that budget with my wife, there isn't as much freedom as far as spending goes.

when i was single i was more likely to be rash with spending. now i tend to think, and make decisions with my wife, which might mean putting off buying a pair of jeans for a couple of months.

if you don't have to do that for whatever reasons, good for you! nice one. sounds pretty sweet.

i posted in this thread to spread the info that the jeans in question are presently in stock hoping to help someone with that info (as other posts here have given me good info, and i wanted to pay that favor back.) it seems that at least one person has taken advantage it, and i'm glad.

a little bit skinner than APC NS... u can size down one... they stretch a bit

skinner than APC NS.. meaning after you size down 2-3?

and can someone help me find in this thread the basic info of the S-000 model.. like sizing-wise.. i looked but everything in the first few pages is about store and pricing info.

i just need to know for a slim-straight fit, (not like super skinny fit- more like apc ns fit) do i stay true to waist or size down/up?

• 3 weeks later...

so, i tried on the 32x32 MIJ normal model, and although they were a bit loose, they were a comfortable fit (could slide my finger around the inside of the waistband without much trouble.) there was some diaper-ass going on too, but i assume that would go away after a wash (am i wrong on that?)

they didn't have a 31 in blue, so i tried on the black, and they fit well, a little more fitted.

mrs. the_ming was insistent that the 32s made me look like i was trying to look like a loose jean gangsta, and that she wanted me to get 31s. the staff told me they might get in more sizes and to check back.

now it looks like there won't be any 31s until the fall (if at all) and i am wondering what would happen if i took the 32s and gave them a hot wash/hot dryer. i think they are sanforized, but that should shrink them some anyway? right?

i took a fit pic of the 31s with my cellphone, and will post it later if that would help.

edit: after looking at the pics, i might just get the 31s in black.

05312009.jpg

05312009001.jpg

while the jeans that you linked to are the ones i have on in the fit pic, they are NOT the s-000 model.

hope that made sense.

the_ ming what is the leg opening on your jeans??

sorry, no idea, i didn't bring a tape measure to the store (that was a fitting room fit pic.)

it looks like they won't be getting my size in blue anytime soon, so i looked into a proxy service, but that would bump the price to over $110 shipped, and i really couldn't see paying that much. i could save $20 of that by asking my brother in law to pick them up for me, but i'm saving that kind of favor for something really important (like tickets to an MMA or kickboxing match.)

i am planning on going to buy them (31 waist in black) later this evening, and if i succeed, i will take a bunch of pictures and do a BiG style measuring job on them. both pre-soak and post-soak (uniqlo claim that they won't shrink, but the best way to tell is to measure and compare, right?)

ok, update time, lots of info:

went there to get the black ones, but also took another look through the blues... lo and behold, a pair of 31x32 in blue. my luck had changed. they offer a hemming service (not chainstitch) so i had them take it down to a 30" hem (thought this might be a mistake, but they are cheap.)

these are supposed to be sanforized, and aren't supposed to shrink, but i decided to see what would happen.

once i got them back from being hemmed, i laid them out and took some pics:

unwashed

unwashedfront.jpg

unwashedback.jpgunwashedinsidefront.jpg

unwashedinsideback.jpg

insidefly.jpg

uniqloselvedgecloseup.jpg

innerwaistband.jpg

unwashed fit pics

unwashedfrontfit.jpg

unwashedbackfit.jpg

then i meant to measure them, but spaced, and put them in a hot tub for five minutes before i realized i had done it.

drained the tub and took the measurements. i assume that next to no shrinking had occurred yet.

BiG style, pre-soak:

waist: 32"

fr. rise: 10.5"

bk. rise: 14.25

u. thigh: 12.5"

knee: 9.75"

leg opening: 8"

inseam: 30" (after hemming.)