UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Uniqlo does shipping but will it ship all the way to California?

It's no extra effort to ship to a location 1 mile away than it is to ship to the farthest corner of Hawaii; as long as it's domestic shipping it's exactly the same process. Read: I seriously doubt the distance determines whether they're willing to ship to you or not.

Just got a hold of a pair of these. Denim isn't uber-impressive or anything even for the price. They fit good though. The rise is just a tiny bit shorter than I would have liked.

They fit alot like Levi's 511 in my opinion. The denim feels alot like the 511's "raw" model also. I don't reccomend anyone size down btw.

I don't reccomend anyone size down btw.

I'm gonna disagree. Almost everyone i've spoken to who has these has reported to having at least 1-2 inch of stretch around the waist, myself included. In fact, I regret not sizing down, cause they're beginning to slide off my non-existent ass. Considering the fact that uniqlo denim already has a very low rise anyway, I think that's added incentive.

I got my winning pair today. They're the pre-distressed ones, though. Fit is good, but I think I'll be turning these into shorts.

After all of the shit about these being a decent pair of selvedge they sent you a distressed pair!!! thats some bullsit right there.

I'm gonna disagree. Almost everyone i've spoken to who has these has reported to having at least 1-2 inch of stretch around the waist, myself included. In fact, I regret not sizing down, cause they're beginning to slide off my non-existent ass. Considering the fact that uniqlo denim already has a very low rise anyway, I think that's added incentive.

Interesting.

If this helps anyone, I tend to let my jeans stretch into shape and wear a...

32 in Imperial Dukes

32 in LVC 47

32 in Nudie

and a 33 with these.

yeah that kind of sucks. i think you should try to sell them here or on style forum. They are still pretty nice for a distressed ones.

I agree, they definitely are nice for pre-distressed jeans, but honeycombs around my ankles is not a good look. I'd feel like a dick selling them, but I've always wanted a pair of selvage shorts. :)

I bought 3 pairs a S002. 1st one was size 34, a bit tight but not too much. After stretching a bit, I got too much sagging making my ass look weird. So I sized down one to 33, at the beginning was hard to button up the last button, but it stretched 3'' and the result is good, slim & slouchy ! Also, size 34 (in Shanghai) only comes out in length30 ! My W33 are L34....so the result is even better.

i'll be putting my s-000 up for sale in supermarket soon (when i'm done studying for this damn test). i'm not displeased with the quality of the denim, but rather am no longer fond of the fit. i really underestimated how much these would stretch. anyway, i'll take some new measurements, and let you guys know when it's up in case anyone's interested.

having learned my lesson about sizing, i think i'm gonna move onto a pair of new standards now