UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

edit: These measurements are post 8-12 months of wear (APCs are definitely over a year old and have about that much wear, uniqlos are a bit less than that)

I had a 29 in APC NS, got a 30 in S-000, here are measurements (BiG style):

uniqlo/apc

tagged: 30/29

waist: 33"/33"

front: 10"/9.5"

back: 13"/13"

thigh: 12"/12"

knee: 8.5"/7.5"

leg: 8"/7"

inseam: 32"/32"

In conclusion - slightly looser, but not very.

not sure that the "made in japan, regular fit" jeans that i am talking about are the same as the S-000 that you are talking about.

right now, at the uniqlo soho shop there are 2 cuts of made in japan selvedge jeans: regular and slim. that's the way they are tagged. not with a number, but just by "regular" and "slim". i am pretty sure that these are the same as the ones i posted and measured (the regular cut, not the slim)

there are other jeans (non selvedge, made in china) that have numbered names (i think i saw s-000, but don't remember) and those are probably different cuts than the selvedge ones, so lets be 100% clear about what we are talking about, and even when we bought them, since cuts can change from year to year.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the heads up, the UK members should appreciate the info.

they don't stretch or shrink much at all (sanforized.)

no idea about how they fit compared to APC, but since they don't shrink or stretch much, sizing is easy. go try them on.

hey, thanks for the tip, will go and give it a try.

so basically i do not need to size down? plannin to get the slim fit ones

hey, thanks for the tip, will go and give it a try.

so basically i do not need to size down? plannin to get the slim fit ones

i usually wear a 32 and ended up with a 31 in regular fit. the slim fit ones i had to wear a 32, but i have big thighs.

try a few different sizes, they didn't stretch or shrink much for me, but i don't wear them super tight, not sure how come joelz saw so much stretching. in the same time period, my PBJs stretched like crazy, so in my opinion these don't stretch much at all.

since they aren't going to shrink, you don't have to even soak them, unless you want to set the creases by wearing them damp.

• 1 month later...
s-000: skinny straight

t-000: skinny slim

bang on for s-000 = skinny (s = straight)

t-000 = skinny (t = tapered)

i'm assuming these are the selvage ones, the s-000 = 100% cotton, t-000 have a percentage of stretch in them...95% cotton, ? something else...

Guest eugen eugen
ok, update time, lots of info:

went there to get the black ones, but also took another look through the blues... lo and behold, a pair of 31x32 in blue. my luck had changed. they offer a hemming service (not chainstitch) so i had them take it down to a 30" hem (thought this might be a mistake, but they are cheap.)

these are supposed to be sanforized, and aren't supposed to shrink, but i decided to see what would happen.

once i got them back from being hemmed, i laid them out and took some pics:

unwashed

unwashedfront.jpg

unwashedback.jpgunwashedinsidefront.jpg

unwashedinsideback.jpg

insidefly.jpg

uniqloselvedgecloseup.jpg

innerwaistband.jpg

unwashed fit pics

unwashedfrontfit.jpg

unwashedbackfit.jpg

then i meant to measure them, but spaced, and put them in a hot tub for five minutes before i realized i had done it.

drained the tub and took the measurements. i assume that next to no shrinking had occurred yet.

BiG style, pre-soak:

waist: 32"

fr. rise: 10.5"

bk. rise: 14.25

u. thigh: 12.5"

knee: 9.75"

leg opening: 8"

inseam: 30" (after hemming.)

fit is sooo bad hahaha, but the jeans itself looks like good quality

fit is sooo bad hahaha, but the jeans itself looks like good quality

yeah they look a bit bad pre-wash, but i find most jeans do. and the quality/price ratio is amazing. they aren't anywhere near as nice as sammies or PBJ, but for $80, you aren't going to find better jeans.

i think the fit is much improved once they were broken in, what do you think?

1911croppedanon.jpg

i was at the nyc uniqlo store yesterday to get some shirts, and am sad to report that most of the MIJ jeans are gone. saw some 29 waist, some 36 waist and a bunch of really horrible pre-distressed ones of all sizes (yuck)

let's hope they re-stock at some point (will update the thread if i see them again.)

bought those ^^^ up there for 60$ off ebay 2 years ago

feels good bro

yet to rip/tear anywhere...walk 2 miles+ a day, bike often, use for yardwork

just make sure you size down 1.5'' to 2''

maybe I post pics later

size down?

i heard that you should go true to size

if you have to size down, does anyone know if they have like a sz 27 ?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone had any luck shrinking the mij?

I bought a pair last year and they fit great, so I ordered the same size in black but theyre really loose.

Was gonna try sitting in a bath of hot water, anyone had success with that method?

Cant really be arsed sending them back.

as i posted earlier in the thread, i put mine through a hot wash/hot dry and they barely shrunk at all.

• 4 weeks later...
these:

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.html#/code:060696-000-09/

true to size or side up/down?

anyone have measurements?

i have them... i sized down 1... some people say you can go TTS, but i've owned a lot of Uniqlo denim and believe me, you want to size down 1... at first it may seem very very tight, but after a week the waist will stretch so much that you'll need a belt or else they'll fall straight down... hope that helps

thanks. it did help. i was curious because these are different than the preivous s-000 etc models.

would you mind posting your tagged size + BiG style measurements? most interested in waist, thigh, and hem

no problem im wearing them as we speak but im not home... when i get back i'll post BiG style measurements... you should also know that i've been wearing these everyday for 3 months, so the measurements are after a good amount of stretching