UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, new forum member here. Im just gonna revive this thread, as I need some info on Uniqlo's selvage.

1. When did Uniqlo start producing their selvage line? I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they told me that their old selvage denim used 15oz as opposed to 14-12oz on their newer run.

2. Ive read that Uniqlo phased out a first run of their selvage line and started producing a second run after an online petiiton. What year was this (both phase out and new line intro)?

1/ 15oz ? now way !!! it is maybe 13oz maximum

2/ well the online petition made the new release possible last august

I'm serious. Thats what the sales rep told me. 15 oz for the first run. They then decided to go with 12oz for skinny and 14 oz for regular after that.

Do you know what year when the first run came out?

this last batch wasn't the first uniqlo selvedge, they had styles floating around in nj prior to the soho flagship launch and iirc may have even stocked them in the very beginning of same (you can search this forum for more info).

although i'm pretty sure they were a little thicker 15 oz sounds off, maybe 14 at the most. they cost 10 bucks more than the regular denim (50 vs 40), nowadays they're marketed as "premium" with a much higher markup for no discernable reason other than the market will bear it (80 vs 50)

• 2 weeks later...

What fit would the S-000 denim be compared to in other brands? Nudie Thin Finn?

Please help me out; I am purchasing these jeans soon from a proxy and need to see if they will fit wtih the cut I want.

---------------

How about the S-002 fit; just fit like regular levi 501 or like the slimmer cut levi '47 501s?

Thanks so much to those who can help.

In addition, if I were to size up on the S-000 fit would the denim just be in a bigger waist or you think I could achieve the fit I want. I want a slim-straight fit but nothing too tight like Nudie Slim Kim or Thin Finn.

this last batch wasn't the first uniqlo selvedge, they had styles floating around in nj prior to the soho flagship launch and iirc may have even stocked them in the very beginning of same (you can search this forum for more info).

although i'm pretty sure they were a little thicker 15 oz sounds off, maybe 14 at the most. they cost 10 bucks more than the regular denim (50 vs 40), nowadays they're marketed as "premium" with a much higher markup for no discernable reason other than the market will bear it (80 vs 50)

Were they really that heavy? I bought a pair a few months ago in Japan and compared to my Sugarcanes, they felt like paper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...