UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

I'm going to London mid October. I'm planning to cop some of the blue skinny fit jeans. I'd buy them online but I'm not confident I'd like the fit. Haven't seen any fitting pics of the skinny ones yet, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough :).

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if only Uniqlo wouldn't restrict their contests to US Only entries, the flight would also be just as enjoyable for international passengers.

Now it's as if all US passengers get an upgrade just for being in the US...

(I know that it's not such a big hassle to try to get an US member to lend their address, but it does take the fun out of the contests a bit.)

I'm going to London mid October. I'm planning to cop some of the blue skinny fit jeans. I'd buy them online but I'm not confident I'd like the fit. Haven't seen any fitting pics of the skinny ones yet, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough :).

As far as I know, the skinny fit selvage version is not available in london...what you could get is the straight-fit which is not really a modern cut - and has quite a high rise (s-002).

Now if only Uniqlo wouldn't restrict their contests to US Only entries, the flight would also be just as enjoyable for international passengers.

Now it's as if all US passengers get an upgrade just for being in the US...

(I know that it's not such a big hassle to try to get an US member to lend their address, but it does take the fun out of the contests a bit.)

All the contests through superfuture have been US only.ALL of them including Julian Red who isn't even based out of the US. The selfedge (1) julian red (2) uniqlo tee (3) and uniqlo denim (4) are all based for US citizens only. I mentioned it in the other thread as well but people seem to be looking in the wrong direction for this, because based on the fact that all 4 aren't international, your quarrel is with the forum not the company providing it. Or maybe its BOTH I don't know why or how they operate, but Uniqlo hasn't changed the standard in any shape or form with this contest. With no disrespect to you Cotton, you just happened to be the last poster who mentioned it and while there may be other valid points floating around, I wanted to make sure that everyone understood that.

As far as I know, the skinny fit selvage version is not available in london...what you could get is the straight-fit which is not really a modern cut - and has quite a high rise (s-002).

Ahh .. I see.

So the ones on the website are the non-selvage, I presume.

If I can't get the selvage skinnies in london, is there anywhere where I could get a pair? Or are there plans of getting more into the stores, that anyone knows of?

Thanks

Got mine today in black ,S-002 are the ones availale online in the UK,straight leg,medium rise, 1947 ish fit ,they cost £36 'cos I had a 10% discount for being a previous customer. At this price they are top value for your hard earned. They come with some shit looking creasing all over from the factory so they are currently having a cold soak and then a drip dry. Only time will tell but if they last like the last selvedge Uniqlo's from a few years ago I'll be well happy.

I was just assuming that it was 32 or 34 thats all that was available for choices for the contest when I entered. I may be wrong though.

Same here. I hope the 34 runs slightly long though since even the 36 length on my 3001s is barely long enough for me.

yeah thats weak! tho it makes sense, their regular jeans are 50 so having premium ones that are more expensive makes sense.

needs some pics of the 002s in black before i think about doing a phone order... how much is shipping btw?

went to the soho store today after work and picked up a blue pair of the S-002s. i was disappointed to find them priced so much higher than overseas; however, they still seem to be a good deal for the money.

i tried a 32x34 and a 31x34-- i went with the 31, since i know the waist'll stretch after some wear.

i don't plan on washing these for some time, since i read in this thread that they can come out pretty disappointing after a wash.

here are a couple fit pics (6', 165lb):

sd002frontzd5.jpg

sd002backcj0.jpg

So for the people who saw them, are they worth $80? For a little more you can get apc. I'm gonna have to try them on tomorrow.

isnt APC like $120? thats 50% more, i wouldnt consider that to be a "little more". anyway, as was said before, you cant get much better quality for that price, which is why ill probably be copping them