Hair Thread

qom

The verbal haircut is pretty simple for most chinese and japanese salons. I have something similar but my left side is shaved shorter than my right and my back is longer in the middle.

If they're unwilling to trim down the sides, tell them you're going for the Odagiri Joe look.

RED DEAD: that hairstyle is insanely easy to acheive without going to a stylist. if your hair is longer than that all the way around, all you have to do is open your fingers real wide then hold your hand to your head. close your fingers together so that the hair is sticking out between fingers and cut into that hair at an angle really unevenly and haphazardly. go around your whole head a few times then look in the mirror. itll be obivous which spots youve missed that need to be touched up. it takes about an hour to get it the right length and thickness all the way around, but i started cutting my own hair like this years ago and even friends of mine who cut hair professionally ask where i get my shit done at. its really that fucking easy though.

Just did this with my hair and it works pretty well. I had really flat asian hair before (I had my sister's wedding so I wanted a traditional haircut, which I dislike). And my hair has been annoying me for about a week since it's been so flat. Here's a pic. I think it turned out pretty well, I spent about 15 minutes on it.

p1010020iz1.jpg

Even tho it's not really simillar to the M-Flo picture, I like it

I keep it pretty simple. I did let it grow for the past 3 1/2 months, but just got it cut. Realized it wasn't going to grow how I wanted it, so I went back to my old style, which is:

Fade, 2 on top, 1 on sides, edged up and rounded in the back. Go back weekly for a shape-up and get a cut every month.

good first attempt but youll get better and more comfortable as you do it more. its champ to set up a second mirror to get a better angle on the back, after a while the reverse you get ff the mirros becomes second nature. the other dudes at my work used to get me to cut their hair cause they liked mine so much but i found it harder to cut others than my own head cause i was so used to the mirror flip and all that shit. plus i was able to get creative on my own head cause i didnt care if it ended up looking like shit. keep at it though. i cant wait til the heats gone so i can grow it all back and experiment.

Keep my hair simple too. I just get a "dark ceaser", basically they use a 2 to shave my head and they line everything up pretty nicely.

I tried growing my hair a little longer last year, it doesn't necessarily look bad but I just can't deal with waking up and having to style it every morning and also if I wanted to wear a hat, I'd have bad hat hair for the rest of the day.

haircuts? i just kinda chop mine down every 4 months or so and then let it grow back. i dont think i own a comb. im kinda thinking about doing something different, but i dont like having to style my shit.

2vf7.jpg

standard issue id protection glasses to keep tee-thugs off my ass

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I´ve shaved it all off, or kept like 3 mm for more than 5 years, with only some short adventures in hair land..

super easy, cheap and never any bad hair days. My only problem is feeling like a biker when combining shaved head and beard...

You got to have a head shape that works with it though, otherwise its just cancers victim vibe..

i keep thinking i need a haircut, but the girls seem to love it.

My hair is scary close to yours. Relatively normal when short, but when a bit longer it is wavy/curly and thick as hell. Whenever i feel like i need a haircut(like around where yours is now) my girlfriend always tells me to wait awhile longer, or to not get it cut too short. I'm always wrong.

My hair is scary close to yours. Relatively normal when short, but when a bit longer it is wavy/curly and thick as hell. Whenever i feel like i need a haircut(like around where yours is now) my girlfriend always tells me to wait awhile longer, or to not get it cut too short. I'm always wrong.

mmmm, me too maybe, mine goes all wavey after 3 or 4 inches, ive been trying to grow it for a while now ( like I make a consious effort to "grow" my hair!?!?!? ) and now it just think it looks straggly and shit. My hair is super curly only at my temples and the long top hair falling over it looks supercrap. Im going to get it cut short this weekend im tired of having so many bad hair days, and allways looking like a student. Fuck it.

i've seen your hair, try Jenn at Hive hair lounge, you'll be mighty pleased (and I feel the same way after letting it grow for ages then having to lop it all off :/ )

I used to get my hair cut there maybe I'll go back. I just haven't been able to justify paying that much for a haircut but I keep getting depressed about how bad the cheap ones look. :(

• 4 months later...
Went from below-neckline long hair to next-to-buzzed two days ago. My goal now is to figure out a way to dye a black triangle on the back of my head. I've got the summer to do something different, figure I'll try something really different.

gnarly!

just started dating a stylist. helllllllo free haircuts!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Posting for my cousin since he doesn't have an account, so yeah..

Hey Guys,

I've been reading the board for a while now. I like I like. Anyways Im not like a good looking guy, and not all that fit (starting to! been working out for 2 weeks) Gotta lose those pounds. I need some hairstyling ideas. I just broke up with my girlfriend so Im kind of looking for something new. But anything input that will help me improve my look is always a plus, so feel free to say anything. Anyways here are 2 pictures of me. The one of me standing in grass with a football was a year ago with semi long hair. And the picture of me in my white polo was taken today with long hair. My hair now in the front goes down to my eyeballs, on the sides little bit below the ear, and in the back, halfway down the neck. So I am thinking about cutting it short, or maybe keep it long. I'm more of a simple and elegant type of guy. Sometimes I either just like wearing khakis/jeans with a polo. I really like jocking the J.Crew wear. So thats all I wear either a polo or j.crew stuff. This is where you guys come in, and I need suggestions. Keep it long, medium, or short. And also post pics of styles of what I should try out, long/medium/or short. Thing about me, is I want to look good/decent without putting to much effort into the hair, and kind of fits into my wardrobe. About 2 years ago I used to just put gel in my hair and throw up a small mohawk. Now with my long hair I usually just shake me head, and thrust my hair to one side. So thanks to all your input and advice. I trust you guys. Thanks.

Anthony

110c0oi.jpg

j7qowg.jpg

Go to a good stylist in your area and do what I did: Bring a picture.

This is the best picture I can find of my hair pre-cut:

before.jpg

This is the picture I brought in to the stylist:

00100m.jpg

And this is how it turned out (I'm very pleased):

1-2.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-2.jpg

Certainly the most textured hair cut I've ever gotten. I use a bit of Gatsby product every morning and I like how it turns out.

Go to a good stylist in your area and do what I did: Bring a picture.

This is the best picture I can find of my hair pre-cut:

This is the picture I brought in to the stylist:

And this is how it turned out (I'm very pleased):

Certainly the most textured hair cut I've ever gotten. I use a bit of Gatsby product every morning and I like how it turns out.

junko? awesome