Hair Thread

qom

oh neato

http://www.hji.co.uk/ImageGallery.aspx

anyways

straight blond hair on guys - i'm not sure where to go with this

here were some styles that i liked... some of them are a bit over the top because i work in an office but i can tame them down a little.

medium16.jpg

2006-men-blonde.jpg

2006-men-short.jpg

2004-men-blonde.jpg

and this is what i was going for but it's gonna take me a long ass time and my hair is at an awkward point right now

2006-men-long.jpg

+rep those who responded, i agree completely. im actually waiting for it to grow out after i buzzed it all off because the lady at astor hair fucked it up. i will never go anywhere but hairmates again btw

ughh wipe the jizz off your mirror plox

lawl. i have no fuckin idea what that shit is. been there since i was 5. probably some dirty water stained when someone in my house tried to clean it.

Jan=June 2007

Long hair, trimmed once every few months.

hair1di0.jpg

dangkew3yu8.jpg

Not a good cut for me, my heads really round, and my sides puff up alot. I would love to try long hair with slightly shorter sides next time

July 2007

Straight to the hairdresser after touching down in Singapore

I went to a place where my friend recommended. It was the most I had ever paid for a haircut. $35usd I think

hair2jg8.jpg

It didnt do much for me but my friend liked it

August-sep 2007

I let it grow out abit more then I went back to the same place my mum goes to(I used to go there all the time) $6usd

img3298fq4.jpg

dec 2007

Now the length just fluctuates

img4134yc2.jpg

Recently:

I had to pretty much shave most of my hair down because I tried cutting my own hair and ended up having some holes. The one on the side cannot be saved(completely unintentional)

hair3ci5.jpg

^That last looks the best.

For the asian guys, do you use a asian hairdresser or just any hairdresser?

I've just found that when I use a caucasian hairdresser they have trouble in styling it. Maybe I just need to change hairdressers.

I'm asian and I have really curly hair. (think Clive Owen, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer).

So far in my life, I can't find a decent and permanent hairdressor. Most of the time they are just too lazy and shave it damn short. And most of them just cited my curly hair as a shitty reason that they can't do much.

So now my mother does the cutting for me, usually she just trims them.

Curly hair always resulted in people thinking I'm not Chinese.

^That last looks the best.

For the asian guys, do you use a asian hairdresser or just any hairdresser?

I've just found that when I use a caucasian hairdresser they have trouble in styling it. Maybe I just need to change hairdressers.

I go to a Japanese hair stylist, cuts hair great but can't style for crap.

So I grab the fiber and show him how its done.

is it always good to bring a pciture to the salon?

i went to an american salon.. and she totally butchered my hair.. my mom said she basically got practice off your head..

bitch even cut me on my neck wiht scissors( obviouslly i got the hair cut for free... and 50% off total services next time i go.. if i ever do)

had to buzz my hair all off.. to a 2...... all around.. how gay..

so now im thinking.... long hair in a sexy asian style would suit me best.. i have quite the large head.. not shaggy but definitly not short..

when my hair grows out super long.. its off to a nice asian place.. i have lost faith in the american race

Recently:

I had to pretty much shave most of my hair down because I tried cutting my own hair and ended up having some holes. The one on the side cannot be saved(completely unintentional)

hair3ci5.jpg

how'd you get those like gold flakes in there?

that loosk good.. but i bet it looks pretty shitty if you see it in life(i 've had personal exp with cutting my own hair.. its hard but possible - althought i'm never doing it again)

a black guy cute my hair down here, and i'm white/latino/hispanic/whatever. he does the best job EVER, even better than some curly-haired people i've had cut my hair.

i have generally found that the more you pay, the better it is. if you pay more for a haircut, it'll also last longer, and look good for a longer time until you need to get it cut again.

search up splitends on yelp

its located in costa mesa.. and all the reviews are pretty.. up there?

anyone have experience with this guy?

the price for a haircut is astronomical.. i belive its 60-80 bcuks for dudes.. even higher for woman.

so the question is: is he worth it!

I have this great girl who actually knows how to cut Asian hair. Granted, I have pretty straight hair, so it's a lot easier than folks with a wave. But she gets really creative when I let her and she's gotten to know my hair's texture really well.

Then again, I'm just pretty lucky. Another thing is that the more often you go to someone, the better they'll know your hair. So whenever I have to find someone new, I usually try to be a little lenient in my judgment. Then again, I'm also pretty honest whenever I get a cut I don't like.

As far as the pictures thing go, good communication is key. But some hairdressers don't do very well with pictures and can understand a description better. Whenever I take a picture to my girl, we usually spend a minute or two talking about what she can and can't do (usually because my hair is on the thick side). Moreover, if your hairdresser ever moves to a better salon (as mine has, twice) he/she might be willing to keep you at their lower price.

In short, try, talk, and try again.

P.S. I pay about $55 total (including tip) for just a cut. It gets up to $100 some when I get color.

I didn't know where to post this, but after searching for 'facial hair' this thread turned up.

How are you supposed to get that really full kind of 4-day no shave look. The only person I can think of to give you an idea of what I mean is John Legend.

g46.jpg

Do you just use an electric shaver and like shave it every couple of days to the same length? Cause when I don't shave for like 4 days I only get this really thin hair.

Found another picture:

dwadiz2.jpg

How are you supposed to get that really full kind of 4-day no shave look. The only person I can think of to give you an idea of what I mean is John Legend.

dwadiz2.jpg

i think it has to do with genes, too . . . "thin hair" might be all that's in the cards for you, my friend

right now it's just very, very long and sort of "big," for lack of a better term, and very very dark, except for a little blond at the tips. think cedric bixler-zavala from the mars volta, sans bangs.

• 1 month later...