Hair Thread

qom

2examab.jpg

mass has the best hair 28jek4j.gif

Mass cuts his own hair with a clipper, secret is out; cheap homemade cuts=the best results.

Note: I left out the part where dude is actually talented and you might not be, try at your own risks.

^ it does suck when you dont have a stylist who understands you. mine is really great in terms of getting my ideas and making them better.

ps - more ladies please post pics, I feel weird being the only one :o

I'll post my asymmetrical bob thingy.

hair1.jpg

and some other weird hair I rocked.

hair2.jpg

It's all shaved off now thought. I failed while copying mass.

Not really style so much as hygene -- though it is a result of my style desires -- but, I need something that takes care of a dry scalp without changing the texture of my hair. ie. I have used a random bottle of conditioner/shampoo that makes my scalp feel great with no worries of dandruff, but it makes my hair horrible (really thin and smooth). I like my hair in its naturally thick state.

Oh, and without a scent would be preferable -- I don't need watermellon hair throwing off whatever fragrance I'm wearing that day.

^ I know know about things with no scent... but you could try Curls Rock shampoo+conditioner by Toni & Guy's Bedhead line. it is moisturizing to the scalp but is meant to keep the hair voluminous.

Just got my hair cut the other day - I had grown it out long and then had the sides and back cut in really short and then a really intense part in the front for good measure for some asymmetry.

I'm thinking after the front grows out even more I'll replace the short sides / back with the Hedi fade.

do you girls really like long hair?

when i look at a girl with long hair i kinda get disgusted. it looks liek a mop to me.. the only long hair on a girl i like are blonde / brunette. since they dont have as much hair as say a asian, it looks more thinner and breezier?

im not sure.. but yeah girls wiht long hair kinda turn off for me.

Just got my hair cut the other day - I had grown it out long and then had the sides and back cut in really short and then a really intense part in the front for good measure for some asymmetry.

I'm thinking after the front grows out even more I'll replace the short sides / back with the Hedi fade.

pics or it didn't happen

would love to see some snaps servo......sounds good

do you girls really like long hair?

when i look at a girl with long hair i kinda get disgusted. it looks liek a mop to me.. the only long hair on a girl i like are blonde / brunette. since they dont have as much hair as say a asian, it looks more thinner and breezier?

im not sure.. but yeah girls wiht long hair kinda turn off for me.

depends really....i wouldnt generalise and say i do or dont like a particular length of hair, it depends entirely on what they have done with their hair and how it suits their face/body/style/personality etc.

my gf has long hair, but ive been trying to get her to cut it boy short for ages. no dice.

My hairdresser cuts my hair well, I just don't like him :)

He always seems so bored and trys to talk me into some pretty lame cuts. I read fashion mags etc so I know what's 'in'. Last time he tried to convince me that some kind of undercut was 'in'. WTF?

And he puts about 1/2 a tub of gel on it and styles me like a chav. Looks okay once I wash all the crap out and style it myself. :rolleyes:

^ I have an undercut :P not in the back, but just on the sides/sideburn/above ear area. the undercut is always covered by my hair but having the undercut it makes my hair less poofy overall. The only time it's visible is if I tuck my hair behind my ears.

^ I have an undercut :P not in the back, but just on the sides/sideburn/above ear area. the undercut is always covered by my hair but having the undercut it makes my hair less poofy overall. The only time it's visible is if I tuck my hair behind my ears.

Haha perhaps im just too unkool. The way he explained it I would have it shaved on the sides then like an overhanging bowl on top like a monk or something?! I managed to convince him to give me a Hedi style fade in the end.

The moral of the storey is never get your hair cut by somebody in boot cut jeans with highlights in his hair (no shit.)

Haha perhaps im just too unkool. The way he explained it I would have it shaved on the sides then like an overhanging bowl on top like a monk or something?! I managed to convince him to give me a Hedi style fade in the end.

The moral of the storey is never get your hair cut by somebody in boot cut jeans with highlights in his hair (no shit.)

hahah I agree with the last line wholeheartedly. :D

a bowlcut would have been weird, yeah, I agree. if you see my haircut here, you can see that with good layering, the undercut isn't noticable. but I mean if you wanted something like a Hedi fade then he shouldn't even have been suggesting an undercut/bowlcut in the first place haha :eek:

ps - sidney, have you ever considered any kind of longer on top and back - shorter on sides cut?

ps - sidney, have you ever considered any kind of longer on top and back - shorter on sides cut?

I would if mass didn't already swagger jack that cut. We ain't clonesssss!!

My hair is still very short now…though I'll be sure to come back to this thread in a month when my hair has some more substance. I've just been shaving my head since my exhibition opening so there's not much to work with.

noo not just like mass', that's not what I had in mind. but yeah, do come back when you have more to work with. your features/facial shape can go with many diff looks.

This is how my hair previously was...about a year ago.

l_ed59812f55be6e922868746983257942.jpg

Since then it has come from multiple metamorphasis but now I have shaved it (which I deeply regret).

shave-

l_bfb18c54cf4185ff1352bc00202e705d.jpg

what do you guys think. go for long (broke) or keep it short. I am in between right now.