Hair Thread

qom

^no worries. in agreement with the shave; i shave at least once a week but grooming ocd means i only shave in the morning and it turns into some kind of nitpicky ritual so i might take a little more than half an hour at least. don't always have time for it x_x

kinda tired of short hair tho. had it short essentially my entire life, ranging from christian school clean to cropped all over to cropped sides and long on top haha

I've had the same more pronounced hairline shape my whole life, it hasn't ever changed. My Dad, his brother, their Dad all have about the same. Luckily no baldness or real gray either, or a more pointed widows peak, which I think is maybe harder to work around. This is after cutting almost 2" off, which is about the longest I'll go anymore. My hair is pretty full, so it kept pushing into a mini-pomp when I'd try to lay it down.

Edit- just looked at my 5 year old and he has the same thing. Doomed with a receding hairline before kindergarten I guess hahaha

Edited by OkayOkay

• 2 weeks later...

Has someone experience with using viviscal? i just read that it's what models use during fashionweek to strengthen their hair, but it does also enable hair growth. im currently growing my hair out and might want to give it a shot, if it speeds up the process.

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to grow hair out so I can get something similar to harvey specter's gelled do.

Sides looks great, Front not so much. Curse my asian har, no way I can slick down the sides without waiting for them to grow.

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/_dj_flame_/Hairdo/part22-04-13_zps65907d3f.jpg:original

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/_dj_flame_/Hairdo/side22-04-13_zps0d69958d.jpg:original

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/_dj_flame_/Hairdo/7a252e4f-3620-41c0-9e96-f929f613c28d_zps7bdfaa3f.jpg:original

Sides looks great, Front not so much. Curse my asian har, no way I can slick down the sides without waiting for them to grow.

you can wear a hat for 5-10 mins to flatten the sides. or you can put some wax/pomade and blowdry it flat. it takes a while but it will flatten the sides a little more. but i'm sure the latter is super damaging to hair.

what i used to do is sleep with rinsed out murrays superior. in the morning it becomes a lot more manageable. downside is you sleep with product still left on your hair. but i never really had a problem with dirty pillows.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've been making my way down the hairstyles thread (it's gonna take a while). I was wondering if you had any suggestions in the mean time.

I've been growing my hair for about a year and don't know what to do with it. I have a round face, so I'm looking for a cut that would make it seem less round (basically want a cut that makes me look older)

- I'm lucky because I don't think that I need product for my hair to stay up/stay a certain way. I can just style it when it's wet and it pretty much holds there when it dries.

- My hair is somewhere in between nappy & curly, and it's thick

- been doing the shaved head with a fade for years and I'm looking to try something new

Hair up:

Photo71_zps5c3513d5.jpg?t=1367758352

Hair down:

Photo79_zps08ad2204.jpg?t=1367844701

I really like the look where the sides are shaved and the top is tied back in a small ponytail, but I can't seem to find a picture of it.

By the way, thanks for the baking soda recommendations - tried it for the first time yesterday and I'm excited to see how my hair ends up.

Thanks in advance!

I shaved a no gaurd the first week of January this year to start over on my hair just b/c I didn't care and I've been growing it out to get something like this ever since. Last cut was ~ 2 weeks ago, didn't take the sides in as close as I usually do, I usually get a skin fade, this time only went to like a 2. 

I was looking VERY Wolverine like just before the last cut, it was actually pretty cool but my neck was gnarly after ~6weeks with no trim b/c I was growing it out. 

Wolverine Status:

zna1ef.jpg

Fresh Cut: http://i41.tinypic.com/2zohkye.jpg

That is now currently:

xgi5pz.jpg

Still need it to grow a bit more so they'll be more weight in the back when I push the sides back but it's getting there. I missed my thick wavy man locks.

Edited by bargerhm