Hair Thread

qom

2wFAbv1.png

MBD's haircut is pretty much what I'm aiming for, if only my hair was a touch darker  :(

i wish she would leave the sz clowns and post here sometimes - she's prob in the top 5 best dressed women on the whole internets.

Edited by conqueror

what did you ask for on the sides?

i just said really short, really high fade. when i asked her what to ask for next time, she said zero blended to a one.

by far my favorite hair cut in years. she did a great job (crystal at victory barber in victoria bc)

Yiu and your sexy hair

Me and my dry brittle hair

Coworkers all said i looked like the 7up dude

I did not laugh with them =/

if you cut it short enough, and use matte texture hair putty, you should be able to achieve the same result tbh

have you tried using baking soda/hot water instead of shampoo, and apple cider vinegar instead of conditioner? it keeps more of the natural oil in the hair, and looks way better/healthier

shampoo is full of nasty chemicals, i hate using it

Edited by e0d9n0b5

Hair's getting unmanageable and i'm too lazy to find a cool hairstyle so i'm seriously considering shaving it all off. But i haven't had my hair that short since the 2nd grade so idk if I have a decent enough head shape to pull that off.  

but maybe im just deluded into thinking it'l look good because of tween_spirit's fit  

Hair's getting unmanageable and i'm too lazy to find a cool hairstyle so i'm seriously considering shaving it all off. But i haven't had my hair that short since the 2nd grade so idk if I have a decent enough head shape to pull that off.  

but maybe im just deluded into thinking it'l look good because of tween_spirit's fit  

you'll never know until you try. I never buzzed my hair because I used to think I had a really odd shaped head, just based on feeling it with my hands. but I eventually said fuck it and buzzed it all off with a #1 and people actually gave me complements saying it suits me. I grew it out again cuz I'm tryna be professional and job-having, but damn that was the most comfortable hairstyle ever.

still growing hair out and usually tying back (which is always nice but fairly consistent).
got a trim fairly recently to help keep things manageable, probably going to do once or twice a year until i get really tired of long hair and opt to either shave everything off or get some kinda fade again lol
tumblr_n0o4madxJY1qa47z6o1_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i just said really short, really high fade. when i asked her what to ask for next time, she said zero blended to a one.

by far my favorite hair cut in years. she did a great job (crystal at victory barber in victoria bc)

if you cut it short enough, and use matte texture hair putty, you should be able to achieve the same result tbh

have you tried using baking soda/hot water instead of shampoo, and apple cider vinegar instead of conditioner? it keeps more of the natural oil in the hair, and looks way better/healthier

shampoo is full of nasty chemicals, i hate using it

^Been doing something similar, I usually shower with just water every 2nd-3rd day or so, and then shower with baking soda and vinegar maybe once every 2 weeks

i tried this and it really fucked up my scalp, like it was so itchy and painful so ymmv

i am now trying out various hand made soaps and it's all about trial and error

My hairs getting to about shoulder length and I'm torn between shaving the back and sides and tying it up, or leaving it all (it's pretty thick so kind of a pain in the ass)

This is a horrible choice to be made..

as we go into hotter seasons, hair dressers have said it's good i've shaved the sides and back especially as its thick anyways. It's also a bit cleaner and looks a bit better up and just generally easier, i temporarily regretted it because it's taken a hell of a long time for it to grow out enough on the top with shaved sides to look OK down.

If you plan to just wear it up definitely shaved back and sides for comfort, ease and aesthetic reasons.. 

• 2 weeks later...

face

ur not bad looking from what i can tell but those glasses and hair aren't doing u any favors. if u actually dont give a fuck though it doesnt even matter because who's to say ur look bad/good if that even means anything

i need to learn how to style my hair like this

fcSJ2QO.png

that's not a very positive outlook

who cares about societies constructs of what's good looking and what isn't?

and if you aren't pleased with the way you look personally ask yourself why, every flaw somewhere is an advantage somewhere else...

just about all of us care

is there any drug that affects every single human in the same way? even though there isn't, we can still reasonably anticipate some fairly specific reactions
there are patterns in how we respond to visual stimuli just as there are patterns in how we respond to physical stimuli, and the former is as much a result of evolution as the latter is
drawing the line between constructs of society and innate preferences is difficult if not impossible

i understand that an inclusive and positive attitude regarding fixed parts of our appearances is more pleasant than the alternative, but i don't think it's fair to dismiss his perception of beauty as the result of deliberate conformity

anyway, i doubt a man who's chosen to resemble edith head cares a great deal about what society expects him to look like