Hair Thread

qom

• 2 weeks later...

pic

Got my hair cut last week. Next cut will probably fade the sides.

i don't know much about hair anymore since i get buzz cuts, but those are some long sideburns.

i'm growing my hair out from a buzz cut, what should i do during the awkward stages?

i just do 1 cup hot water to 1 tablespoon baking soda, and mix it every time. if you keep it in a sealed tub of baking soda in your bathroom with a plastic measuring cup and spoon it only takes 10 seconds to mix it.

i've never tried the 1 tbsp to 1tsbp method, i've heard its like a paste?

the main thing that's hard about the no poo is getting used to the fact that it won't seem like its doing anything for the first little while. give it 2-3 weeks at least to get your scalp making the correct amount of oil again.

I'm a little confused, so you do this everyday?

Edited by Ecotrons

^no I don't shampoo everyday and actually a lot of other people don't either... I thought the whole point of using this baking soda crap was to keep the natural oils in your hair. even when washing with just baking soda I'm sure it still strips oil so it would just be counter productive to what you were trying to accomplish in the first place...

^no I don't shampoo everyday and actually a lot of other people don't either... I thought the whole point of using this baking soda crap was to keep the natural oils in your hair. even when washing with just baking soda I'm sure it still strips oil so it would just be counter productive to what you were trying to accomplish in the first place...

your scalp/skin is always producing oil. washing your hair is just to clean away the dirt and sweat that accumulates. the point of baking soda is to avoid adding unnatural chemicals to your hair. all the extra shit they put in commercial shampoos are for women who want to smell good. they may have medicinal uses too (like dandruff), but it's not like you take medicine everyday either, unless prescribed or addicted.