Hair Thread

qom

how do you guys deal with cow licks? I've got one on the left side right on my bangs that goes straight forward and down. I've been trying to get my bangs up and to the right but that left side just doesn't cooperate and gets all fluffy. I've been using sebastian craft clay and american crew forming cream btw.

how do you guys deal with cow licks? I've got one on the left side right on my bangs that goes straight forward and down. I've been trying to get my bangs up and to the right but that left side just doesn't cooperate and gets all fluffy. I've been using sebastian craft clay and american crew forming cream btw.

there's not much you can do except let your hair grow longer or move the rest of your hair in a similar direction. I don't like ODing on product.

Cow licks are the bane of my life, I have one on either side of my fringe, I just part it where one begins and try to kinda tuck the other in. Fucking annoying

Posted · Hidden by DJ_Flame, June 12, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by DJ_Flame, June 12, 2012 - No reason given

nah no matter how small i use It always ends up being too heavy.

Dunno man, i just use like a dime for my top, another for my back, then a penny for touching up. Looks like this all day:

5thJune2012.jpg

I also live in hot & humid Singapore and it doesn't feel heavy at all, in fact it feels barely there. Just need to rearrange like 2-3 times a day.

I'll take it high tapered/fade hard parts (undertand the first one isn't) like these aren't even possible with stereotypical asian hair?

the-memoir-that-mad-men-character-roger-sterling--john-slattery-penned-within-the-context-of-the.jpg?84

Ttmf9.jpg

Mens-step-6.jpg

(the back on the last one should be faded/tapered a bit more of course)

So are these even possible? or should I just say fuck it?

Edited by ChopSticks

You can definitely do a fade. However if you want to do it along with a part with that short of a hair length (referencing the second pic where it's long and suddenly tapered) you'd be looking into a straightener for those bits. Or lots of product.

I'm asian and that's my current style. Granted, my hair is pretty soft. If you have regular asian hair, you can do the high fade just fine. you just need to get it maintained once a month because the sides won't lay. It's the top of the hair that you'll really have trouble with because stiff asian hair refuses to lie flat unless it's longer. Shampooing your hair less (like once every 3 times you shower. I do once a week since my hair's been used to it for so long it doesn't overproduce oil) makes a big difference. When you shampoo your hair without conditioner, it dries out and becomes really stiff. Your hair just needs to be more malleable.

My hair is longer on top than i think you want it, but you can see the sides here. For reference, it's a 0 or .5 ( i can't remember which) at the bottom of the taper.

598871_3636476704772_1572872199_n.jpg

Edited by andrewisdope

Really think' of going out of my comfort zone for something like this. Maybe without the color.

bc3e1cc6afda11e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

Me usually.

7163654023_62bcf59a5e_z.jpg

Anyone had any experience with cuts like this?

I have that cut but I already have blonde hair so no color. no one ever mistakes me for an emo really but it does grow out fast and get really thick before I know it.

Posted · Hidden by Servo2000, June 11, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Servo2000, June 11, 2012 - No reason given

tumblr_m5ftaaBm6t1r1wvllo1_1280.jpg

hair is nuts right now been too busy these past few weeks with graduating to do anything about it, think i might do the rick owens half-back of the head for a bit before i cut it all off and start over in a minute but thought i'd throw up a pic for fun

BYHCHW0023-2T.jpg

This stuff is real good. My holy grail drugstore hair styling product now. Perfect for creating lift and volume for a quiff with a matte finish. Cost less than $5 SGD for the travel-sized version.

So I'm thinking about growing out my hair so i can charge more price for bisbim. The problem is.. I'm entering that slippery territory where my hair is too long to look normal, but not long enough to look okay. The top isn't a problem so much as the sides. I have thicker asian hair erring on the curly side, so the sides don't lay flat but kind of pucker out, making my head look several kilos heavier. Does anyone have any styling tips or ways to mediate this gray area which I imagine will last for the next 6-8 months. If not, I might just pussy out and do the regular.

i have a whole drawer filled with different styling products that I bought based off peoples reviews, tried, and hated. Baxters is by far the worst offender. I have longer, thin hair, I understand it wont work for that. But recently I shaved my head down to a 1 and even then couldn't get it to work. Tried M+G, Redken, BB, Sumo, all the niche organic ones. None of them seemed to work. The only one thats ever worked for me was Aveda Grooming Clay, But I questioned the ingredients and the smell is offputting to some.

Went to barneys and bought John Allan Matte. Amazing stuff. It smells kind of clinical, but typical of a barber shop. The consistency and texture is just right and you dont need much. Surprisingly it holds throughout the day, unless you're sweating a lot, etc.

fuck, everytime I go to the hairdressers they just turn me into a dork.

try cutting your own hair. it might be frustrating at first, but it'll give you a chance to experiment and see what YOU feel comfortable with, not what a barber/stylist is comfortable with.

re: cutting own hair

]I do this A LOT and when I mess up I just buzz it or sometimes it gets too much for me to handle and then I go to the hairdresser. Last time I went in the hairstylist was pretty impressed and trust me when I tell you if I can do it, you can. (can't draw a straight line with a ruler)

Edited by Sean9

So I'm thinking about growing out my hair so i can charge more price for bisbim. The problem is.. I'm entering that slippery territory where my hair is too long to look normal, but not long enough to look okay. The top isn't a problem so much as the sides. I have thicker asian hair erring on the curly side, so the sides don't lay flat but kind of pucker out, making my head look several kilos heavier. Does anyone have any styling tips or ways to mediate this gray area which I imagine will last for the next 6-8 months. If not, I might just pussy out and do the regular.

1. use something to slick back sides OR to push the sides forward so the hair lays flat. probably wouldn't work as well since its azn hair

2. cut your hair

3. wear a hat

Edited by DJ_Flame