1. 1. back pocket stitiching or no?

• back pocket stitching
    • no back pocket stitching

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEYYYY

sorry ive been tied up recordingggg and doing stupid shit. ive basically been busy with nonsense.

martin i appreciate the help but i would rather not go through an agent and i would aslp rather not make more than are ordered because it wont be as special. i know what im doing and im pretty set on made in the usa because even though i can get better deals and whatnot elsewhere, i still find made in us goods better than other places and international shipping is a bitch. especially when i have to source all of the fabrics and tags and patches, etc to the full service facility myself.

this is what im set on so far...

redline 15 oz fabric from cone

dior 21 oz cut, slightly modded.

painted green tag

superfuture tag inside (still havent got word from wayne so this isnt 100%)

leather patch with jeans pulling apart a person

blue and black stitching

green pocketbags

green halflined back pockets

not sure about rivets or back pocket stitching yet

still accepting ideas for other details.

gotta run. ill pop back on tomorrow. im gonna send out an email to my service facility manager tonightttt.

I watched this thread for a bit now and the progression it has taken, and it seems to have come along in a very good way. I like all of the ideas that have been put together so far. Hidden rivets would be great. Glad to see that its all still moving forward.

HEYYYY

redline 15 oz fabric from cone great

dior 21 oz cut, slightly modded. great

painted green tag great

superfuture tag great

leather patch with jeans pulling apart a person Not sure about that

blue and black stitching i am so fond of yellow / gold, but what the heck

green pocketbags great

green halflined back pockets Well , allright

not sure about rivets or back pocket stitching yet rivets rivets rivets

Crotch rivet

Yehaa

Crotch rivet

Yehaa

Nthed - I don't think anyone would be opposed to a crotch rivet, hidden rivets, and donut buttons. And if they are, what the fuck are they doing in Superdenim? Unless they'd be difficult to source or would jack your costs way up, that is.

redline 15 oz fabric from cone

dior 21 oz cut, slightly modded.

painted green tag

leather patch with jeans pulling apart a person

blue and black stitching

green pocketbags

green halflined back pockets

not sure about rivets or back pocket stitching yet

You had me at Cone.

Well, I stand corrected about no one disagreeing with the crotch rivet! :)

What I see emerging here is a modern cut with vintage details, which is totally awesome and fits the repros and sufu-fit jeans pulling apart a human tag really well.

i actually hate crotch rivets. it looks like you have a tiny golden nipple instead of a peen.

That's pretty funny. :)

A nipple-less crotch rivet would be ideal for me, but If you can't do a nipple-less crotch rivet I'd rather there not be one at all.

As far as all of the other rivets go, I don't really care if they have nipples or not and if they are hidden or showing.

redline 15 oz fabric from cone - nice

dior 21 oz cut, slightly modded. - nice also

painted green tag - I really really like that idea actually

leather patch with jeans pulling apart a person - Not into it at all

blue and black stitching - good

green pocketbags - good

green halflined back pockets - good

not sure about rivets or back pocket stitching yet- MAke em rivets and hidden and it would be perfect

You should consider another patch in my opinion and maybe crotch rivet yeah. And maybe coin pocket selvedge? You know like lvc 47, the inside pocket selvedge, would be cool

Jeff

Seriously, why mod the dior cut. Wouldn't it be easier to give a denim manufacturer a pair of diors and have them remake them with your denim? There really isn't anything wrong with the cut. The 15 people who want a high rise, loose repro can either try sizing up or buy a pair of the other superfuture jeans run by cheep which are going to be just that. The rest of the 90% of the forum who is ok with the dior 21 cut will buy it. People know that the dior 21 cut isn't skinny right? I think a lot of larger guys are scared by the word "dior" thinking all diors are skinny. I've seen some dior21s on guys that actually look baggy because they didn't size down.

I have been thinking of a few different things.

1. I think cone denim would be cooler than Japanese denim. Just my opinion but I am saying so because we have all seen a wackload of Japanese denim where as for me I see much less talk over cone. I like the blackline but red would be fine as well.

2. I think the pocketbags should not be straight green but a green patterned fabric maybe a check pattern if you could find it but any pattern would be fine. I have some lees with green pocket bags and they look good but it would be fun to be different from the lee pockets.

3. Gun metel hardware would be cool and also nippleless rivits would alslo be nice like say the old school lee rivits like of the 45 canes.

4. This could also become a denim fade contest as we would all be getting the jeans at the same time. Bottom line we NEED to make this at least a little friendly contest when we get the jeans.