adsurgo's denim project

adsurgo

back pocket stitiching or no?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. back pocket stitiching or no?

• back pocket stitching
    • no back pocket stitching

Guest jeffvyain

my opinion (though I won't be in until I hear all the details)

fabric tab is better but if it leads you toward trouble, paint is ok

leather patch idea is awesome

donut buttons are key

other stuff all sounds good...not 100% on the 21cm dior cut. i'll have to lok more into it

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending a PM now, but I also wanted to say that I strongly prefer a cloth tab. Not that a painted tab would keep me from buying a pair (so maybe my preference isn't all that strong after all). Dior 21cm is great though, and if we could get some idea on sizing pre/post soak, that would be awesome. Maybe someone with another pair made with the denim you use could speak to whether to order bigger and shrink to fit, order tag size and shrink to tag, order true to size and not soak, etc.

the denim from cone is sanforized so shrinking will be minimum (around 2%) if you have ever had APCs or anything like that, thatll be the before and after difference.

my personal 2cnts:

fabric tab,

leather patch sound awesome like that,

donut buttons,

offset belt loop,

denim sounds great, anything known about the fading properties?

silver rivets I'm not quite sure about (were not talking about real silver ar we?)

what about felled inseams?

cinch?

haven't really thought about the fit yet...

Also just thought I'd throw it in here, since people tend to forget that it might also be a possibility. Half selvedge? It's something I'm really liking lately and I imagine not that many people even on here have it yet

the denim is pretty nice and im sure it has good fading properties. ive rubbed paper on it and some of the indigo comes off so im sure theyll fade.

felled inseams is a good idea.

im down with half selvage. and the overlocking could be green?

I know that you're a very reliable poster here adsurgo, but I was wondering if there'd be a possibility of producing a sample of the final product before we all commited to buying? or is that something that is not finanacially feasible?

i could probably do 1 sample only if i use some of the denim i have or if we want to take more time in doing this so i can get sample yardage form another mill. also, the samples probably wont have the leather patches or tabs, tags, whatever unless i can work something out with the manufacturers for samples of those.

im down with half selvage. and the overlocking could be green?

My thought exactly!

also, the samples probably wont have the leather patches or tabs, tags, whatever unless i can work something out with the manufacturers for samples of those.

Oviously, but this is something I'm sure everybody will understand.

A sample would mainly be nice just to get an idea on the cut and the construction.

Neon weft ?

if this is serious...

im sure i could do an overdye on the jeans. maybe a bright green or yellow. it shouldnt effect the indigo in the warp much at all and the weft would most likely suck up the color good.

i like this idea. something different is always good.

I'll need a new pair of jeans by the time these are ready. I'm in.

For what it's worth -

I also think there should be felled inseams.

Cloth tab - green with a capital F.

I like the Dior 21cm fit, but I would also recommend looking at the Skull 5010 fit.

I don't like the super streaky denim so much, that might be a deal breaker for me.

late to this party

but you are a man amongst supermen

i second/third/whatever the 21cm-esque cut - flattering on a wide range of bodies

no offense fellas, but relaxed fit is wack as f***

36 inseam sounds good

i ain't picky about the tag, patch, arcuates and/or any other branding

just nothing ridiculous

doughnut buttons would be huge

again, much respect for getting this going

i started drawing up a patch. ill finish everything probably tomorrow because i have to run. any further updating or question answering i do today will be from my phone. keeps the good ideas coming. cheers.

This is happening so much faster and with so many details that I prefer over the Dubbleworks project that I may have to rethink a pair of those. Unless these really do come together in six weeks and BiG's Dubbleworks don't come in until January, in which case my entire next year will be filled with custom SuFu denim!

i think i need some -

My suggestions:

>GREEN FABRIC TAB.

>single pocket arctuate ala sugarcane hawali/ okinawa would be cool

>not bothered about the patch design so long as its cool- personally i think a very minimal plain path with just the superfuture logo stamped on the bottom corner would be cool, but others might want something lmore modern

>greeenline selvage denim of a mid weight sounds good

>Dior 21cm cut again sounds fine

>Personally id'd prefer a 34" inseam (cause i have small legs) but if they were going to shiink i could deal with 36" - it might be a pain but have you thought about a 34" inseam for say 27-30" waist and 36" for larger (like imperial, apc ect)

i think i need some -

My suggestions:

>GREEN FABRIC TAB.

>single pocket arctuate ala sugarcane hawali/ okinawa would be cool

>not bothered about the patch design so long as its cool- personally i think a very minimal plain path with just the superfuture logo stamped on the bottom corner would be cool, but others might want something lmore modern

>greeenline selvage denim of a mid weight sounds good

>Dior 21cm cut again sounds fine

>Personally id'd prefer a 34" inseam (cause i have small legs) but if they were going to shiink i could deal with 36" - it might be a pain but have you thought about a 34" inseam for say 27-30" waist and 36" for larger (like imperial, apc ect)

I'm gonna speak up for all the tall guys and say BAD IDEA re: the short inseam length. Shorter legged people can have them hemmed....for taller guys this would automatically rule out a purchase. Everyone seems to want a Dior cut...wouldn't you also want the dior length?

Just sent you a pm. Here's some of my personal wants:

• Green cloth sufu tab (wouldn't mind a white one with green letters either)
  • Green stitching and green pocket liners.
  • Cone black selvedge streaky blue denim
  • Full selvedge (I own a pair of Earnest sewns with half selvedge that bugs me)
  • Felled seams
  • Silver rivets (or just silver plated rivets, if you can get em cheaper)
  • Dior 21cm cut is fine. Worked for me with my sexihos. Other cuts such as KMW1980 and APC NS would also work. I don't have the right build for those super skinny type jeans (eg. Dior 19, Rockers, Cures etc...)
  • Leather patch depicting anthing two things tearing apart a pair of jeans (animals, vegetables, minerals, automobiles, airplanes, whole continents, planets, Optimus Prime and Megatron, Rick Flair and Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat, Bert and Ernie, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan etc etc...) I wouldn't mind a person getting torn apart by a pair of jeans either.
  • DOUGHNUT BUTTONS!!! Looks great and quicker to undo than flat buttons during a bathroom emergency.
  • 36 inseam. Not that it matters to me but it would be good for the redwoods out there. I'll be hacking off 4 inches anyway.
  • Plain single stich arcuate (eg Oni) but nothing blatant (eg Imperial). Plain back pockets are boring (sorry if that offends the minimalists). If we're going with the green tab, might as well have Levi arcs as well. In green thread. :D
  • Offset rear belt loop and thicker belt loops (not too thick, but no spaghetti loops either.

Aaaand that's about it. I think... Have I missed anything?

I think an APC NS cut that didn't stretch out 50 sizes would be better than a dior21cm cut personally. A slight taper like the skull 5010 cut is nice because it makes it look like a straight leg. When you have a true straight leg, it usually looks a slightly bootcut. I think others would agree. But i'm most certainly in.

How limited a run is this going to be or will there be enough jeans to satisfy a good amount of sufu people? The dior 21cm cut or a APC NS cut that doesn't stretch a bunch would be perfect for me, but i just wanted to make sure i could get a pair and it won't be a madhouse like with the sufu shirts.

Just sent you a pm. Here's some of my personal wants:

• Green cloth sufu tab (wouldn't mind a white one with green letters either)
  • Green stitching and green pocket liners.
  • Cone black selvedge streaky blue denim
  • Full selvedge (I own a pair of Earnest sewns with half selvedge that bugs me)
  • Felled seams
  • Silver rivets (or just silver plated rivets, if you can get em cheaper)
  • Dior 21cm cut is fine. Worked for me with my sexihos. Other cuts such as KMW1980 and APC NS would also work. I don't have the right build for those super skinny type jeans (eg. Dior 19, Rockers, Cures etc...)
  • Leather patch depicting anthing two things tearing apart a pair of jeans (animals, vegetables, minerals, automobiles, airplanes, whole continents, planets, Optimus Prime and Megatron, Rick Flair and Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat, Bert and Ernie, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan etc etc...) I wouldn't mind a person getting torn apart by a pair of jeans either.
  • DOUGHNUT BUTTONS!!! Looks great and quicker to undo than flat buttons during a bathroom emergency.
  • 36 inseam. Not that it matters to me but it would be good for the redwoods out there. I'll be hacking off 4 inches anyway.
  • Plain single stich arcuate (eg Oni) but nothing blatant (eg Imperial). Plain back pockets are boring (sorry if that offends the minimalists). If we're going with the green tab, might as well have Levi arcs as well. In green thread. :D
  • Offset rear belt loop and thicker belt loops (not too thick, but no spaghetti loops either.

My wants are as above stated :)

Very excited for this. I'm lovin the whole 'green' theme. The pocket lining, selvedge, stitching and everything. I think it could be a very cool pair of jeans.

woah, I go home for the night and come back to this...

THis sounds really good! My preferences have pretty much already been expressed, I think having a 21cm or 66 style cut is good, as sizing up or down could fit other peoples styles. 36" inseems are a must for me.

Cheep - it's funny becasue as I was reading the thread I was thinking of two hard gays thrusting a pair of jeans apart! You took the hard gay out of my mouth!

This is happening so much faster and with so many details that I prefer over the Dubbleworks project that I may have to rethink a pair of those. Unless these really do come together in six weeks and BiG's Dubbleworks don't come in until January, in which case my entire next year will be filled with custom SuFu denim!

get both!

I'm not trying to take away from anyone elses projects. isn't the dubbleworks a contest anyway?

I think Levis is unhappy with any piece of material being sewn between to pieces of denim... But do you think this would be a large concern of thiers? I dont know?

Although I think it looks really good !