74 members have voted

1. 1. back pocket stitiching or no?

• back pocket stitching
    • no back pocket stitching

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to take the bull by the horns absurgo! I prefer the black line cone, love the suFu tab (no shit), and the delorean is awesome ( <---I think silver rivets would complement that nicely). As far as cut...I do agree that there are roughly two schools of thought on prefered cut here at sufu. Ideally we would have two, but no one expects absurgo to deal with that. We could either have a vote for try to find a happy medium.

it would be a great idea if the idea of two pairs of jeans could be one modern and one reprotype ( i.e. one slim one regular) pulling apart a person- representing the 2 schools of denimheads on the future.

I think it's a superb idea. Not too particular about the denim, looks all the same to me. Price is reasonable.

Can we maybe propose two groups where one is allowed a general consensus of relaxed fit, leaving the other free to pursue the popular slim fit?

ill talk to the full service facility and see what i can do but i dont think two fits would be easy to fund with such a small run. maybe if we did production in mexico? it would be a little lesser quality sewing though.

Can I assume that the blackline cone selvedge is from their "black seed" line? I am pretty sure it is. If so that is my vote for the denim. I do like the idea of a sufu green tab as well.

its possible. i have no idea. i met with sergio at cone close to year ago. i dont remember anything he told me. ahah. i have the current line sheets somewhere, i just cant seem to find them.

Very Interested. On the skinny, go for the Dior cut. Also, I don't know shit about denim, are all these raws?

yes theyre all raw.

I remember someone said this before, but for the patch design you could have two pairs of jeans pulling a person apart.

As of now, count me in!

best idea ever!

I'm down with this.

I think you should do a painted red tab like on those mockery Evisus

howabout a painted green tab? i love this idea.

how do people feel about an off-center back belt loop? I'm torn between a diagonal one or an upright off-center one...

either way, I think it would be a nice touch for our jeans and a nod to our denimhead roots

i like this off center belt loop deal.

I'd like to see sufu green backpocket lining and I've said this before in one of the contest threads, but I'll just throw it in here again.

If a green tab is going to happen, how do people feel about Sufu with a big first U, as a nod to a certain brand?

i like this idea and i think i could pull it off even if we did painted tabs.

so it looks like the general consensus is...

definite with...

green detailing (selvage if possible, tab, pocket lining)

36" inseam

i need everyone to let me know if using a dior 21cm cut would be ok. i think that falls right in between slim and relaxed. its more of a slim straight and i believe sizing up or sizing down will get you the fit youd like.

i also need to know how everyone feels about the painted tab as opposed to the fabric tab, donut buttons, leather patch idea (jeans pulling apart person), silver rivets, and the 15 ounce cone denim (ill take good pictures right now).

P.S. could everyone who is definite please shoot me a PM with the title as sufu denim and just say 100% in the body?

so it looks like the general consensus is...

definite with...

green detailing (selvage if possible, tab, pocket lining)

36" inseam

i need everyone to let me know if using a dior 21cm cut would be ok. i think that falls right in between slim and relaxed. its more of a slim straight and i believe sizing up or sizing down will get you the fit youd like.

i also need to know how everyone feels about the painted tab as opposed to the fabric tab, donut buttons, leather patch idea (jeans pulling apart person), silver rivets, and the 15 ounce cone denim (ill take good pictures right now).

P.S. could everyone who is definite please shoot me a PM with the title as sufu denim and just say 100% in the body?

Sending a PM now, but I also wanted to say that I strongly prefer a cloth tab. Not that a painted tab would keep me from buying a pair (so maybe my preference isn't all that strong after all). Dior 21cm is great though, and if we could get some idea on sizing pre/post soak, that would be awesome. Maybe someone with another pair made with the denim you use could speak to whether to order bigger and shrink to fit, order tag size and shrink to tag, order true to size and not soak, etc.

my personal 2cnts:

fabric tab,

leather patch sound awesome like that,

donut buttons,

offset belt loop,

denim sounds great, anything known about the fading properties?

silver rivets I'm not quite sure about (were not talking about real silver ar we?)

what about felled inseams?

cinch?

haven't really thought about the fit yet...

Also just thought I'd throw it in here, since people tend to forget that it might also be a possibility. Half selvedge? It's something I'm really liking lately and I imagine not that many people even on here have it yet

I know that you're a very reliable poster here adsurgo, but I was wondering if there'd be a possibility of producing a sample of the final product before we all commited to buying? or is that something that is not finanacially feasible?