adsurgo's denim project

adsurgo

back pocket stitiching or no?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. back pocket stitiching or no?

• back pocket stitching
    • no back pocket stitching

I think an APC NS cut that didn't stretch out 50 sizes would be better than a dior21cm cut personally. A slight taper like the skull 5010 cut is nice because it makes it look like a straight leg. When you have a true straight leg, it usually looks a slightly bootcut. I think others would agree. But i'm most certainly in.

How limited a run is this going to be or will there be enough jeans to satisfy a good amount of sufu people? The dior 21cm cut or a APC NS cut that doesn't stretch a bunch would be perfect for me, but i just wanted to make sure i could get a pair and it won't be a madhouse like with the sufu shirts.

these will be made for everyone who wants one and pays me.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go smaller, if these stretch out + superfuture users are tiny.

26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 34, 36 sound better? more different sizes means more patterns and more money. but a few dollars for every pair probably won't be bad.

everyone that has objections to these sizes please speak up. I know there are some 31 and 33s on here.

How about garment loops stitched in on the inside of the jeans?

I know a lot of denim heads like myself prefer to hang jeans rather than folding them away for storage, so garment loops would definitely come in handy. This is not a big deal for me as I'm loving all of the details that have been suggested so far, but I thought I would throw it out there to see what you guys thought.

26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 34, 36 sound better? more different sizes means more patterns and more money. but a few dollars for every pair probably won't be bad.

everyone that has objections to these sizes please speak up. I know there are some 31 and 33s on here.

I guess I would include a 31 in there. There are a ton of 32 waist sizes on this board and most people size down to a 31. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to try to fit my nuts into a 30.

Just sent you a pm. Here's some of my personal wants:

• Green cloth sufu tab (wouldn't mind a white one with green letters either)
  • Green stitching and green pocket liners.
  • Cone black selvedge streaky blue denim
  • Full selvedge (I own a pair of Earnest sewns with half selvedge that bugs me)
  • Felled seams
  • Silver rivets (or just silver plated rivets, if you can get em cheaper)
  • Dior 21cm cut is fine. Worked for me with my sexihos. Other cuts such as KMW1980 and APC NS would also work. I don't have the right build for those super skinny type jeans (eg. Dior 19, Rockers, Cures etc...)
  • Leather patch depicting anthing two things tearing apart a pair of jeans (animals, vegetables, minerals, automobiles, airplanes, whole continents, planets, Optimus Prime and Megatron, Rick Flair and Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat, Bert and Ernie, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan etc etc...) I wouldn't mind a person getting torn apart by a pair of jeans either.
  • DOUGHNUT BUTTONS!!! Looks great and quicker to undo than flat buttons during a bathroom emergency.
  • 36 inseam. Not that it matters to me but it would be good for the redwoods out there. I'll be hacking off 4 inches anyway.
  • Plain single stich arcuate (eg Oni) but nothing blatant (eg Imperial). Plain back pockets are boring (sorry if that offends the minimalists). If we're going with the green tab, might as well have Levi arcs as well. In green thread. :D
  • Offset rear belt loop and thicker belt loops (not too thick, but no spaghetti loops either.

Aaaand that's about it. I think... Have I missed anything?

These are all great except for the silver buttons. Why no copper buttons?

I'm definitely a 31. A 30 and 32 would probably make me unable to buy them as 32s are usually too big after stretching and 30s are always too tight. I'm definitely hoping for 31s. I don't know why there would be 27 and 29s but not 31s.

Are we going to have to pre-pay before these are even made and a sample with measurements(so we know if we need to size up or down) are made or will the sample be made with measurements and then you'll start taking mass orders with payment(50 or 100 at a time) and then ship them out.

I'm definitely a 31. A 30 and 32 would probably make me unable to buy them as 32s are usually too big after stretching and 30s are always too tight. I'm definitely hoping for 31s. I don't know why there would be 27 and 29s but not 31s.

Are we going to have to pre-pay before these are even made and a sample with measurements(so we know if we need to size up or down) are made or will the sample be made with measurements and then you'll start taking mass orders with payment(50 or 100 at a time) and then ship them out.

after I make a sample pair and post pictures I will post themeasurements on the patterns and people will order then.

As this is shaping up to be the first branded superfuture pair of jeans, I think Chad and Wayne should have some input here, as it is there logo etc.

I was planning on asking chad this morning because I was supposed to be with him all day but some things came up and I've been busy and running around. I actually texted him about 20 minutes ago asking him if he could check with wayne. if its not approved... we really don't have to use the logo.

Your answers to my questions sound great, man. I'm definitely in for a pair.

These are all great except for the silver buttons. Why no copper buttons?

Every other jean has copper rivets. That's why I think my sexihos stand out so much for me. I also think that silver rivets would go better with the whole blue denim, green stitching theme.

I'm not opposed to copper donuts, though. Might be interesting.

Oh, one other thing, what do people think of flat nipple-free rivets, ala Imperial or Nudie?

To add to my aforementioned preferences...

-Dior 21cm is pretty much what I envisioned as a "happy medium", good call.

-cone blackline (you so streaky)

-fabric tab

-2 jeans tearing a person apart is soooo fitting

-silver (colored/plated) rivets

-either Levis-esque or no arcuates

-off center/slanted back belt loop

-am indifferent about the pocket lining,weft,etc.

Everyone has generated some really good ideas :)

I'd definitely like to be in on this, if possible. I'm down with everything suggested - silver rivets, SuFu fabric tab, interesting back belt loop, and a dior 21 or slimmer cut. The thing is, I'm not sure anyone has any idea what the fading properties of the blackline denim is. It was my impression that other streaky jeans like the Straight Sven Flame denim had a pretty lackluster fade? But of course this is probably completely different.

I was planning on asking chad this morning because I was supposed to be with him all day but some things came up and I've been busy and running around. I actually texted him about 20 minutes ago asking him if he could check with wayne. if its not approved... we really don't have to use the logo.

Yeah awesome, I think its a great project and would be surpised if they didnt like it?

I also vote for silver (at least coloured) rivets, but we dont need prescious metal! There are other options such as chromed, nickle plated, etc...

and the cone black line for the win I say

Count me in this project. So far all the suggestions sound good. What I like:

1. Dior 21cm

2. Green fabric tab with SUFU on it. Maybe the U or F is upside down? ;-) A painted

ones will be all right if certain legal issues crop up.

3. Cone black selvedge streaky blue denim

4. Off centred belt loop

5. Leather patch, although don't really mind what the design on them will be. There's

some good ideas floating our there as it is.

6. 36 inseam. I wear a 34 but can always get it hemmed if the stacking looks too much

7. I'd definitely like silver silver plated rivets it would add up to the price a bit.

8. Doughnut buttons... please....

I'd definitely like to be in on this, if possible. I'm down with everything suggested - silver rivets, SuFu fabric tab, interesting back belt loop, and a dior 21 or slimmer cut. The thing is, I'm not sure anyone has any idea what the fading properties of the blackline denim is. It was my impression that other streaky jeans like the Straight Sven Flame denim had a pretty lackluster fade? But of course this is probably completely different.

check out ande whalls streaky denim after a few months. theres pictures on here somewhere. they look insanely good.

when I get home ill find te pics and post them.

has any one mentioned hidden rivets yet? i think this is a must for a sufu jean also?

Fk! I forgot that on my mega list! Yeah!, hidden rivets! Hidden silver plated rivets! No bartacking!

As for the fade on streaky's, yeah, Diamond's Ande Whalls came to mind pretty much immediately.

am i the only one who does not want streaky denim?

i would be happy to fork over some money for a slim fitting modern cut selvage jean. somebody mentioned using a denim that would fade with a green hue, i think that's a much cooler idea then streaky denim.

am i the only one who does not want streaky denim?

i would be happy to fork over some money for a slim fitting modern cut selvage jean. somebody mentioned using a denim that would fade with a green hue, i think that's a much cooler idea then streaky denim.

Yeah, I am not really down with the streak either

check out ande whalls streaky denim after a few months. theres pictures on here somewhere. they look insanely good.

when I get home ill find te pics and post them.

Oh man, I forgot all about diamond's grifters. I stand corrected. I'd be all for streaky denim if they turned out like those.. but the green hue sounds good too.

I say we go with Thai Denim to be different. Think of some of the amazing looking thai fakes. We could start a Thai Denim revolution.

As for the green hue? Wouldn't that just look like terrible bacteria growing on our dirty ass jeans?