74 members have voted

1. 1. back pocket stitiching or no?

• back pocket stitching
    • no back pocket stitching

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the jeans are 32w or bigger, i'll gladly volunteer. I live in so cal and can take them to a lot of places, disneyland, mexico, vegas, and LA.

this isnt a world tour like the other projects. this is me selling a ton of jeans that arent made by a certain company, just the superfuture people. no contests, no sharing jeans and displaying them, just buying a pair of jeans to have.

i can't be in this and the dubbleworks

i dont understand? see above post.

I think it will be some time before this starts, right, adsurgo ?

yeahhh. these should be getting out to people in a few months.

thing's i'd like to see...

painted black hardware

grey/black stitching (alternating, like the usual orange, yellow)

button fly

doughnut buttons

Green SUFU tab

thinner leather patch with the superufuture logo stamped on it (Acne Jeans style)

slim straight or slight taper

19-20cm hem

chainstitched hem

14.5oz slubby denim

doubled belt loops on the back (like april 77 but with 2 instead of 3)

and if there is an overdye.... GREEN

I've already PM'd my response. I'm in. But you HAVE to have a tab. Seriously. The reason why the dubbleworks one can't have a tab is that the jeans are made in collaboration with an established store and an established company. Business that Levis can sue. What we've got here is basically someone making jeans, at cost, for his friends. You're not going to make a 1000 pair run and start selling them in stores for profit. This is just for fun amongst other forum members. If you fear Big Brother Levis to the point where we can't even have a little green sufu pocket tab on something like this, then Levis has truly won in intimidating its competition. There are shades of Disney and Edison in there, and you know what happened to them. At the very least, you could have the tabs made up and sent out as "button tags" for a spare button so that we could get them put on ourselves.

Its true that Levis would have almost nothing to gain by suing a small time enthusiast endeavor, and surely alienate all of us, but it is not our risk. If adsurgo is going to make/sell the jeans he would have sole responsibility for any legal action which could jeopardize future business plans. It is much easier to say 'do it' when it can't burn you.

I do think that including an unattached tab would avoid this problem nicely.

Its true that Levis would have almost nothing to gain by suing a small time enthusiast endeavor, and surely alienate all of us, but it is not our risk. If adsurgo is going to make/sell the jeans he would have sole responsibility for any legal action which could jeopardize future business plans. It is much easier to say 'do it' when it can't burn you.

Point taken, absolutely. It just saddens me to see a giant corporation crushing all opposition, no matter how small and independant. Kind of reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons when Homer starts a company Hyperglobalmeganet or something like that and gets run out by Bill Gates.

you could contact levi's and ask if you could use a tab- I'm not hopefull but itsbetter than nothing. Or you could ship a tab non-attached and let people attach it themselves (no idea if this is possible :D)?. can i suggest traditional stiching but green-line selvage- i thik tha would be the best compromise

Point taken, absolutely. It just saddens me to see a giant corporation crushing all opposition, no matter how small and independant. Kind of reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons when Homer starts a company Hyperglobalmeganet or something like that and gets run out by Bill Gates.

i think every thing in life can be referenced to a simpsons episode

It'd be a good idea to get a list of those that are down for the project. Count me in as one.

I've been looking for something slimmer than my LVC 47s so I'll vote for the 21cm cut. Not too particular about the denim, but I wouldn't mind seeing the streaky black selvage.

put me in the list also. i favour the skull 5010 cut.

i already made a post saying that whoever is in needs to pm me.

painted black hardware

I also thought about this, not too certain about silver since it's so shiny, otherwise maybe just dark steel colour? (don't know the name, gun metal or something...)

and if there is an overdye.... GREEN

I prefer no overdye or coloured weft since you'd see that in the fade, greencast denim also fades a bit greenish, the shouldn't be too gimicky imo, just very nice detailed.

thinner leather patch with the superufuture logo stamped on it (Acne Jeans style)

getting a stamp made might be too expensive

- The garnment loops someone suggested is something I tried before and besides from being functional it's also quiet a fancy touch

- Also, hidden and crotch rivet!

I also thought about a 47 fit since (as someone already stated in the SC contest thread) it can be sized up for loose and down for slim and both look good.

fit could be altered for less of an antifit seat and less hip flaps

I've already PM'd my response. I'm in. But you HAVE to have a tab. Seriously. The reason why the dubbleworks one can't have a tab is that the jeans are made in collaboration with an established store and an established company. Business that Levis can sue. What we've got here is basically someone making jeans, at cost, for his friends. You're not going to make a 1000 pair run and start selling them in stores for profit. This is just for fun amongst other forum members. If you fear Big Brother Levis to the point where we can't even have a little green sufu pocket tab on something like this, then Levis has truly won in intimidating its competition. There are shades of Disney and Edison in there, and you know what happened to them. At the very least, you could have the tabs made up and sent out as "button tags" for a spare button so that we could get them put on ourselves.

most of what im worried about is if i have the superfuture name on it. waynes deal isnt mine. i dont own superfuture. if he allows me to put his companys name on the denim then its going to be his decision for the tabs. cali isnt off though either. it still scares me personally.

sending non attached tabs seems like a good idea.

most of what im worried about is if i have the superfuture name on it. waynes deal isnt mine. i dont own superfuture. if he allows me to put his companys name on the denim then its going to be his decision for the tabs. cali isnt off though either. it still scares me personally.

sending non attached tabs seems like a good idea.

If you can't use the sufu name, you should send out a non attached tab with SIVEL on it. :D .

I actually like the 47 cut better than the Dior 21cm cut. But either way, I'm happy.

If you're going the crotch rivet, it should be nipple-less. I like the gunmetal colour of the Imperial rivets, if you're not going silver.

the repro jean and the skinny jean pulling a person apart for the patch was the best idea in this entire thread. Someone creative should draw up some samples, i would but im hopeless.

What about having only greencasted denim on the backpockets so intially it would be quite dark blue with green tint and eventually get greener with washing.

Also, no streaky denim unless its eternal-esque streaky ;)

half selvege, green overlock

hidden rivets

green suFu cloth tab with upside down suFu on other side of tab

exposed crotch rivet

offset rear loop (selvege?)

NO low rise

felled inseam

lined back pockets

boxy seat

single stich, simple arcuate

folded exposed selvege coin pocket (ala samurai)

doughnut buttons

green bartack on upper outseam

not super streaky or slubby, something clean and subdued

my maiden noir jeans have gun metal YKK rivets, they are sweet...

I'm gonna speak up for all the tall guys and say BAD IDEA re: the short inseam length. Shorter legged people can have them hemmed....for taller guys this would automatically rule out a purchase. Everyone seems to want a Dior cut...wouldn't you also want the dior length?

being short i can deal with the hemming...

but not 'everyone' wants a Dior cut....or length

some people actually have muscles in their legs, and larger testicles than others,

thus the ball-achingly tight fit would immediately exclude some people from even taking part, unless they want to look ridiculous.

It's obvious it's difficult to please everyone..people are different shapes and sizes, and certainly don't all prefer the excessively 'fitted' look..

some people actually have muscles in their legs' date=' and larger testicles than others,

thus the ball-achingly tight fit would immediately exclude some people from even taking part, unless they want to look ridiculous.

It's obvious it's difficult to please everyone..people are different shapes and sizes, and certainly don't all prefer the excessively 'fitted' look..[/quote']

Sorry...I should have clarified that I wasn't one of the ones who wanted the dior cut...I actually prefer the repro cuts...I only wanted to push the longer-inseam issue. :D

Your SN is at once the best and worst ive ever seen.

a simultaneous nod to Fishbone and attempt at spoofing the Spaz-TXT-L0LzeR5 that dominates the internet..sorry about that..

actually some jackass on here -1 repped me after my first post, heh

Sorry...I should have clarified that I wasn't one of the ones who wanted the dior cut...I actually prefer the repro cuts...I only wanted to push the longer-inseam issue. :D

haha i should have read more clearly then...

thank YOU for understanding where i'm coming from though...:D

my 'guys' gotta breathe....

1) Personally, I could care less about tabs and arcuates, I have enough Levis and if we are going to make our own, we shouldn't give Levis the satisfaction of copying them. Personally I really like the Rag & Bone "arcuate":

rb.jpg

And I think doing something like this with SuFu would be more interesting.

2) Im okay with repro styling, but I mean aren't there already a lot of repros out there with Japanese denim? I think more modern is the way to go. I would kill for NS with better denim (just me, Im happy either way) But I think we should keep em simple either way.

3) I think we are all cool with Donut buttons? A cool detail not seen too often. This should be set in stone, so we can argue over other stuff.

^

That Rag & Bone arcuate looks nice, really simple. Maybe if we had a sufu styled one, it could have a small 'S' on the left side, and a small 'F' on the right backpocket? So it'd please the minimalist/no arcuatefans and the ones that want it to be slightly "branded"

some people actually have muscles in their legs' date=' and larger testicles than others,

It's obvious it's difficult to please everyone..people are different shapes and sizes, and certainly don't all prefer the excessively 'fitted' look..[/quote']

I'm sorry but Dior 21 are not that fitted. and it's really easy to size up and get a more relaxed fit 9 (check 78 fits in the WAYWT thread). the reason many ppl agree on the cut is that it would allow the most ppl to get their favored fit by either sizing up or down, something that i'm sorry, but wouldn't be possible to do with most repro. i own some sugar cane 47 and no amount of sizing down would eliminate the effect of the high rise and boxy cut.

fair enough..

it's all a matter of opinion...and body shape

i'd still say the diors are too slim of a fit for someone like me...and though they may not seem so "fitted" on someone with chicken legs, i would probably have to size up 2-3 sizes to get a fit that I would be comfortable with, and also look decent in...but then the waist would be huge.

when you've got legs like this (Seedorf, on the lef)

_41109729_seedorf.jpg

any Dior would seem to be too tight, at least judging from photos

though perhaps i should wait and see, as my pbjs have managed to fit me well- they are also STF, which helps me control the fit a bit more

oh, don't be sorry :)