74 members have voted

1. 1. back pocket stitiching or no?

• back pocket stitching
    • no back pocket stitching

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i talked to wayne and he has to get back to me on a final word but he seems to not want to use the cloth tab if the superfuture name is on the jeans and i think that is fine. hes obviously very well justified. i thought it was a bad idea before i ever asked him. hopefully ill be able to get in touch with him asap and well get the go ahead to use the superfuture name.

also... im going to be gone next week so im not sure how this is all going to work out. im going to go ahead and say the samples and stuff will probably have to be done when i get back from tour :( . im gone all of july and most of august. i wont be getting back til august 20 something.

also...

-no croth rivet.

-copper or silver hardware depending on price because were trying to keep this low. gun metal and all that would bump us up too much i think (ill still check)

-i think something super subtle on the back pocket as far as stiching goes will be good.

-green patterned pocket bags sounds good. not sure what pattterns i can get though.

im going to go ahead and say the samples and stuff will probably have to be done when i get back from tour :( . im gone all of july and most of august. i wont be getting back til august 20 something.

I gotta say - that's pretty disappointing. The Dubbleworks samples came in today, so it sounds like that project is actually going to happen faster than the project that started because it was taking too long.

Welp, guess I'll just have to continue being excited for the dubbleworks. I guess if this picks back up in August, I'll get back on board then.

In the meantime, I'll probably have to get off my ass and make a pair of jeans. I cut up a pattern that I liked, but have yet to invest in the denim and time to put it all together.

Oh well. It lets me shuttle my money around for something else until August. Doesn't matter how much action is happening on the Dubbleworks thread, even with the pre-order, (it looks like) the jeans themselves won't be available until Januray 2008. I'm still in for the most part, depending on cut now, I guess (was it the redline cone denim the majoirty decided on?)

talked to my pattern maker today and im getting the pattern for the jeans in all sizes between 26 and 36. not sure if im going to use all of them but well see. hopefully i should have these in hand and sent to the full service facility by sometime next week. im going to do my best to get the sample made as soon as possible but it probably wont get to my house until after i have already left.

not to hate, but this project always seemed a bit flaky to me.....more of a cry for attention than anything else

youre entitled to your opinion. im actually trying to get shit done with this though. i dont know if you realize how much work something like this actually is. it doesnt just happen right away. in my original post i made it clear that it was very well possible that i wouldnt have everything done before i leave.

Oh well. It lets me shuttle my money around for something else until August. Doesn't matter how much action is happening on the Dubbleworks thread, even with the pre-order, (it looks like) the jeans themselves won't be available until Januray 2008. I'm still in for the most part, depending on cut now, I guess (was it the redline cone denim the majoirty decided on?)

yes im going to be doing the redline cone. its 15 oz.

here's my shout-out of support to adsurgo, even though i've no spare cash to be joining any of these very exciting projects starting up. it might take awhile, but i'm sure that once he returns and gets his head down into it upon his return it will be very rewarding.

datasupa, i don't think that's a fair comment to make off the cuff, whether or not you would be pleased to be proven wrong. every special edition jean project will be a little unstable in the beginning because of the crazy amount of work involved, and to call it a cry for attention...well.

This was my original sketch: jeansmockup.jpg

I am going to work on a new one with the already decided upon details.

Here is a simple SF stitch:

sfsimplelx8.jpg

sfsimple2mz4.jpg

I think thats pretty decent. Im assuming we are looking at a left pocket and a right pocket design and that both pockets wouldnt have the same design?