Anyone make their own clothes?

fg0d

that hoodie is hot fire

i been using a cheep sewing machine to take in the sides on tee's and whenever i try to do a button up shirt no matter what the fabric the seams bunch wierd. cotton/blend tees/thermals look perfect but button up shirts look like crap? i will eventually get a better machine but im not sure if thats the problem. any suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...

just read through this thread and found many inspiring ideas but i have no time to do them at all. Anyway, just one of my works done 2 years ago(6/6/06). worked on a new pair of chucks. chains have been removed since i got myself hooked to a bicycle once. haha

not really a "whole-new" recreation but thought i'd share these.

darren297.jpg

darren296.jpg

darren298.jpg

darren302.jpg

darren300.jpg

very destroyed- feel with "dirty/used" stains on toebox & mid sole on purpose.

only 5 pairs were made including my own.

The tshirts are pretty cool. I want to start by making my own tee. I cant' seem to find a pattern anywhere though... and what kind of fabric is used. Obviously cotton, but I mean I dont know the difference between knit, jersey, blah blah

Hi

you should start with a cotton jersey (not too thin). If you have an overlock machine, its perfect but the biggest problem its the seams because jersey stretches and or you let them unfinished ( can be cool) or you have a special machine to do that...If i can gave an advise youshould start with a scarf ( in jersey for instance) its easier and you can start learning about the material and all process.

hans

hCzIUXJzG.jpg

Pants done!

First prototype, will do some changes until next time

If you can't find raw denim in your local sew shop, find me a fabric wholesaler/distributor and I'll try to get you raw denim from here.:D

+rep on the pants

I just wanted to share some images of the first clothes from my own line, Leon.

While these are not part of a specific collection, these were the first items created under the line. They were for The Nouveau Classical Project, a collaboration between classical musicians, fashion designers and artists. Fashion designers were given a specific piece of chamber music to use as inspiration, in turn, they design clothes for the musicians to wear during the performance. (artists were given the same thing, so each performance had a designer and an artist)

I was given a trio of male musicians, the piece I was given was Brahms Piano Trio Op. 87 C Major I.

While these are not all the pieces from the show, these were the main ones. I have to apologize though, I left my camera with good images from the show with a friend, however we are planning to shoot a book for the show, so I will post some pics of the clothes on the musicians.

leon1.jpgleon2.jpg

leon3.jpgleon5.jpg

Waterproof linen trench with fencing closure. Lined sleeves.

leon6.jpgleon7.jpg

leon8.jpg

1 button notched lapel blazer. 5 working cuff buttons

leon9.jpgleon10.jpg

leon11.jpgleon12.jpg

And my favorite piece I made for the musicians. Wide leg cuffed trousers. The belt loops detached from the inside via buttons, and each pair has an elastic drawstring belt that you can slip on and secure through the belt loops. Thus turning the formal pant into a more casual 'sweats' like pant. Alternatively you can just wear it with a belt. When worn with a belt it cinches into a paperbag waist.

As for the other pieces, I did a waistcoat, a combo dress shirt thats part jersey and part shirting, and a reversable shoulder bag.I will get pics of those up when I can. I hope you enjoyed these!

^ you shouldn't worry about things like that too much.

Everyone takes a different road/route.

And Mouko, impressive!

But you must be able to find an empty wall in or around your place no?

haha. actually no I don't..all my furniture hug the walls so i can get more work space in the center. But I'll be taking better pics soon. I completely forgot to a take a pic of the waistcoat I made as well.