Dirty Dozen +1 (Around the world...)

cheep

was this fuckng awesome?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. was this fuckng awesome?

• yes
    • fuck yes
    • no.

I think it did on the contrary make perfect sense at the time. Before this tour started, Evisu had no visibility on Superfuture, if only to be look down. Just look at how big the Evisu thread got following the tour, and how, when they gave away a pair of jeans (to be worn by some of the most influential posters of Superfuture at the time), people here started talking about the brand and buying their products again. I think it also coincided with them planning on opening a flagship store in New York and BiG selling the brand in the US. Their only mistake was to pretend giving away those extra jeans and not following through.

Precisely, the competition helped out immensely. Also, I think someone spoke too soon when it came giving the group free jeans. Hopefully, they still get em.

Okay guys - buckle up - I want you to hear it first.

I contacted Katherine from Mister Freedom - and they would proudly sponsor the DirtyDozens+2 !!!!!!

We are getting a spanking new pair of MFSC Dungarees !

More details - soon .....

wow, that's awesome!

looking forward to seeing this work out.

I think it did on the contrary make perfect sense at the time. Before this tour started, Evisu had no visibility on Superfuture, if only to be look down. Just look at how big the Evisu thread got following the tour, and how, when they gave away a pair of jeans (to be worn by some of the most influential posters of Superfuture at the time), people here started talking about the brand and buying their products again. I think it also coincided with them planning on opening a flagship store in New York and BiG selling the brand in the US. Their only mistake was to pretend giving away those extra jeans and not following through.

While you make some points that are fair i still dont see it. The evisu thread was already fairly big and the fact is it was always mostly about the japanese made jeans. With the tour they were advertising a pair of jeans that they wont make any significant profits on if at all and it also just adds to the idea that the premium denim is the Japanese made evisu and the international denim isn't as good.

As for BIG selling them in the US i dont think that its evisu international that supply them with the jeans and even if it is i doubt they are seeing much of a profit on those. Im also not sure why the evisu flag ship store never opened but im guessing there will be an opening now that the CEO has changed and seems to be moving everything over to the US.

well - if you take into consideration how much one billboard in NYC is going to cost you - this was a really genius way to promote a product for as low cost as possible. I'm with Cheep - don't make promises if ur not going to keep them..regardless - moving on

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=172399

a whole kilo? damn, that's a lot of crack, even for lendo and i.

despite what we on the retail end may think, sending 13 true denim otaku a'free' pair of jeans is nothing for evisu, which by the way is a huge company. they spend wild doe for advertising, and the DD+1 was a very cheep(:Dall pun intended) way to save some face and re-establish credibility in what WAS it's core market(real raw denim heads). broken promises do nothing positive for their credibility. also, this project was associated with BiG, and although smart mofos know gordon has nothing to do with evisu's misgivings, it still isn't a good look as a whole. they had to use the #1denim, who the fuck want's the #4? evisu dropped the ball like T.O.

a whole kilo? damn, that's a lot of crack, even for lendo and i.

despite what we on the retail end may think, sending 13 true denim otaku a'free' pair of jeans is nothing for evisu, which by the way is a huge company. they spend wild doe for advertising, and the DD+1 was a very cheep(:Dall pun intended) way to save some face and re-establish credibility in what WAS it's core market(real raw denim heads). broken promises do nothing positive for their credibility. also, this project was associated with BiG, and although smart mofos know gordon has nothing to do with evisu's misgivings, it still isn't a good look as a whole. they had to use the #1denim, who the fuck want's the #4? evisu dropped the ball like T.O.

Hey, don't you insult T.O. like that.

yeah, chads been gone for over a year now.

and yeah, if they develop and sell a wash based on the jeans, i feel we are owed something.

very true.

T.O. catches a lot of TDs, but he not only drops catchable balls, he drops all the easy balls cause he doesn't always keep his eyes on the ball throughout the catch, cause he's planning for his yards after the catch. if you talk BIG shit, catch the goddamn ball! ok, i won't talk NFL anymore on this thread, but TO and evisu int'l are a lot alike in this respect. they are talking about a new wash based on this project(the yards post-catch) but they haven't completed the reception(delivering on the jeans). kids, DON'T try this @ home.

I don't know, they've been pretty good to me-well, at least the employees I've dealt with. More so than any other mainstream brand I've dealt with. I think the company's recent internal restructuring must have affected things. Still optimistic that you guys will receive something, if not the promised jeans.

dd15of5.jpg

dd14of5.jpg

dd13of5.jpg

dd12of5.jpg

dd11of5.jpg

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to check in. Thanks for bearing with us.

First of all, sorry your jeans are taking so long. Although the 2000

is a core style that is usually available, we occasionally experience

delays getting the jeans. It's taken us between 6 weeks and 6 months

to get the style; which happened with Blue & Green last year.

Hopefully you all have jeans and can hold tight, but if not, I can

offer you are Tateoti book instead on the jeans. If you're now only

wearing leggings or cords, I guess email me too.

Your DD+1's are safe and well. After they arrived back to me via Miz,

they sat on a shelf above my desk. Those combined with a mixture of

other worn jeans, including my own, produced quite an aroma. After

airing out, they served as a tapestry inside Scott's office, our CEO.

Scott lines the his walls with jeans and skateboards.

About a month ago, our denim design director sent them off to the

laundry. I've attached some pictures of the actual jean and the first

replica prototype. This prototype is a created using all hand

processes. Most of the problems, the biggest being color, were caused

by different fabric on the proto. In addition, the fabric also caused

some minor problems with crosshatching, marbling, roping, and leg

twist. One of the problems not caused by the fabric is some over-

sanding on the legs. In the next prototype, the fabric will be

matched in order to eliminate the problems on this jean.

Jeans or book if I understand correctly.

If it's a replica why they didn't paint the "13" on?

Maybe they do it later...

But the prototype looks already decent

because the 13 and patches are special for this tour. The wash they did is more of an inspired wash than a replica