Tattoos

She's one of the best out there, but it's a shame that she charges way too much for a starting price. I just read on the LA Ink board that everyone at High Voltage Tattoo, which is Kat's shop, the starting price is $200. Is that about right or are some places cheaper that most. Also I know from listening from the Weekly Drop podcast that the minimum for something by Mister Cartoon ins $1000. That's just crazy.

it's true about mister cartoon and his $1000 minimum. totally insane. you can do much better elsewhere and for much less.

I don't care about the originality (although it isn't at all), it doesn't really go well with the other tats...Japanese and Latin??? It would have been more original just to write "seize the day"...at least it's in a language you speak

originality is overrated

imo

mixing up styles can be difficult but its not a no go. as long as a tattoo has a meaning for yourself, its ok. whether or not it looks good, thats in the eye of the beholder

Im getting my torso work done next month

this was a 3 second sketch just to portray the idea

bassicly its a humming bird, with a very old style compass hanging from its beak, the letters NSWE will be replaced with F A T E, seeing as its the one thing i believe in through my exsperiences in life, my only debate is do i get it in colour?

also is there a specific meaning for humming bird tats? want to make sure i dont get it then find out it means something i havent experienced

thanks

hummingbirdyg9.jpg

My only experience with hummingbirds with "meaning" is Papyrus' logo. Basically, hummingbirds aren't incredibly uncommon but what do we when we see one? We stop and watch. Although it doesn't seem to mean much for a paper company it's still a nice thought.

Famous: are you planning to get sleeved around that? I'm very strong in the belief like you that as long as it means something to the beholder, originality isn't extremely important...but you have some nice work on your upper arms that looked to be the beginning of a flowing, japanese sleeve. are you going to just be working around it?

Yessir, I'm going to be working around it... Geisha will be on my right inner forearm.

This Carpe Diem piece will be the only non Asian piece on both arms. I've planned on it to be that way for a long time now... I always said to myself no matter what, I'm going to have that piece on my right outter forearm.

On my left inner + outter forearm, I'll have a Japanese style phoenix connecting with the dragon + cherry blossom tree that I'll be adding on as well.

As for another non Asian piece... It will be my entire backpiece which will be a religious theme... Stained glass, angel slaying a demon, and ya... You get the idea.

I'm not really concerned about all the styles I have on me, as long as all my pieces mean something to me... I don't give a fuck. There are no rules in art and how you feel about it.

• 2 weeks later...

my first one:

78138.jpg

i really like tattoos, but i 'm not sure how i feel about them on women. there are a couple more i'd like to get-a ladybug on my wrist, something written(if i ever find something worth it), and possibly a tree on my side.