Tattoos

I had a bad experience with home tattooing and now I have that tattoo on my back I have to retouch/ change/ cover.

If you really wanna do it by yourself, be veryyyyyyyyyyy careful, unless you don't give a shit and you just wanna use your skin as a notebook haha

Anyone know what works well as far as home-tattooing goes? I'm just going to do a small black palm-tree on the inside of my bicep and figure I might as well do it myself.

Don't be cheap on the ink.

For the machine you can use a Bic pen, a small electric race car motor (you know the ones that run on those plastic tracks with metal connectors), and a wire sharpened on one end. Bend the wire 90 degrees and put it in a hole you drill on the flywheel of the motor. As it rotates the wire goes up and down. Gut the pen and leave the topside open but leave the tip. Attach the motor to the pen, pour ink into the pen.

Power the motor with a 9V battery and you're good to go anywhere.

Don't be cheap on the ink.

For the machine you can use a Bic pen, a small electric race car motor (you know the ones that run on those plastic tracks with metal connectors), and a wire sharpened on one end. Bend the wire 90 degrees and put it in a hole you drill on the flywheel of the motor. As it rotates the wire goes up and down. Gut the pen and leave the topside open but leave the tip. Attach the motor to the pen, pour ink into the pen.

Power the motor with a 9V battery and you're good to go anywhere.

i read this somewhere too, i think it was like maxim or something

yes yes, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I was wondering if he'd seen Ghost In the Shell...thinking he may enjoy it if not.

I'm guessing he has since I'm pretty sure he used the Laughing Man symbol to cover his face when he posted a W.A.Y.W.T. a while back, although I could be remembering wrong.

this topic is definitely one of my favourites...some sick work, i like hearing the explanations behind some peoples work too.

i reckon i might get a tattoo one day, when ive fully decided if or not i want one and what it is..anyway just wondering if anyone has any tats of birds? my dad has one on his arm, id really like to get the same one too, but i can only just remember what it looks like, and cant get a photo or anything...might be a swallow, someone mentioned them in an earlier post, id love to see some pics or something, thanks.

keep posting anyway, this thread wins.

I really want to get a swallow on my upper back, something very simple like this:

swallowey5.jpg

Probably with a bit more detail like the cover for Dallas Green's album:

sometimes.jpg

My gf thinks its girly... I thought sailors get them.... and so what if sailors are kinda faggy, faggy doesn't mean girly... ahem