Tattoos

What is the difference whether people have the same design or not? I am sure diamonds can get whatever design he wants no matter how many people have it because no one other than his computer screen will see it...

interesting, i do not understand the logic in your counter-argument.

explain what you know about tattoos.

BTW, there is no counter-argument in what famous said, you need an original argument to counter...

• 2 weeks later...

I like this thread and I have been browsing through this thread for a couple times now because I want to get inked!

Bump. So...

I need advice from you guys who have experience. Is it a good idea to get my first tattoo on the wrist? I've been contemplating the placing, and my reason getting it there is because A)It's really where I want it. B) It can be concealed when it needs to be by wearing a watch. (e.g. in future job related things if ever). Gonna be relatively small. Just a few letters.

Cheers

I like this thread and I have been browsing through this thread for a couple times now because I want to get inked!

Bump. So...

I need advice from you guys who have experience. Is it a good idea to get my first tattoo on the wrist? I've been contemplating the placing, and my reason getting it there is because A)It's really where I want it. B) It can be concealed when it needs to be by wearing a watch. (e.g. in future job related things if ever). Gonna be relatively small. Just a few letters.

Cheers

I have a tattoo on my wrist, so I'll chime in here. I am fortunate to work in an environment where no one cares about my tattoo(s), but I recognize that's not always going to be the case. Before you get it, decide if you want to spend the rest of your life wearing long sleeve shirts to work.

For me, I already decided that I apaprently am willing to wear them, if need be.

Thanks,

-Jake

Bump. So...

Cheers

From what my tattoo artist told me, depending on the size of the tattoo, tattoo's on the wrist may blur or discolour a bit if you are constantly putting pressure on it or have something rubbing on it often. If your letters are thin and small, they may blur a bit.

In terms of your first tattoo, i think you really need to contemplate what you will be doing in your future, whether it be career (what industry you are going in) or personal (the people you associate with), before you decide to get that tattoo. Also ask yourself if what you are getting on your wrist is something you can explain 20-30 years from now when someone younger asks you what it is and why you got it.

Like others, I am fortunate enough to work in a company that accepts tattoo's and piercings, but the industry you plan on going into may not. So be careful in choosing what and where you get inked.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response.

I am going to be in design. So it's gonna be in the creative field - which is not going to give a damn about tattoos. I'm just planning ahead "if ever". Foresight?

It's not gonna be big. heigh of the letters would be like the thickness of a watch strap. prolly less than an inch. I don't really have to wear a long sleeved shirt if I need to conceal it, I want the size so I can conceal it with a watch (again).

I want to get things that mean a lot to me and are important ( I know these are cliche but what the fuck. i want them to remind me) like "Trust".

That word really means a lot to me long story. So yeah It has meaning in my life.

Thanks for the time you guys - Jake and Recycol. +rep

Thanks for the response.

I am going to be in design. So it's gonna be in the creative field - which is not going to give a damn about tattoos. I'm just planning ahead "if ever". Foresight?

It's not gonna be big. heigh of the letters would be like the thickness of a watch strap. prolly less than an inch. I don't really have to wear a long sleeved shirt if I need to conceal it, I want the size so I can conceal it with a watch (again).

I want to get things that mean a lot to me and are important ( I know these are cliche but what the fuck. i want them to remind me) like "Trust".

That word really means a lot to me long story. So yeah It has meaning in my life.

Thanks for the time you guys - Jake and Recycol. +rep

No problem - I understand the tattoos that have meaning. I try to stick to tattoos that have meaning to me too. I totally get the idea of tattoos as art for arts sake - I've seen a lot of cool work done from that perspective in my life - but for me personally, I enjoy the challenge of fusing the artistic elements with personal meaning. It limits the kind of work I can get I suppose, but at least if the meaning is important enough, I won't ever wind up regretting the tattoo later in my life. At least that's the theory I'm operating under currently.

-Jake

Tony Derigo@ Chronic Tattoo in Elyria, Ohio.

He's currently doing alot of my friends pieces too, my friend has a back piece done by him its fucking insane.

I like it, but it's kind of hard to tell what is going on. Is that water around the bottom area? The dragon looks really well done...

How many of your tattoos actually have meaning behind them? Whenever I get tattoos, probably 5% of my shit will actually have meaning behind it... the rest will just be shit that I think looks aesthetically pleasing. It's just vomit inducing watching Miami Ink or something and every single person that walks in has a sob story as if to validate why they're getting that tattoo. "Yeah, this tat is dedicated to mother Cindy, my father hacked her up into little pieces and I walked in on him trying to stick the chunks down the garbage disposal, now I'll have a piece of her with me forever", no pun intended. What, is it looked down upon to have a tattoo that has absolutely no meaning whatsoever behind it?

I like it, but it's kind of hard to tell what is going on. Is that water around the bottom area? The dragon looks really well done...

yeah, and its a tibetan skull that is spitting out water and the dragon has its claws on the skull. It will be better when its all colored. And this tattoo has no meaning to it at all. But i do want one dedicated to my father who was diagnosed with cancer last year.

white ink is awesome!

btw, is it expensive to get a tattoo @ LA ink or Miami ink? I thought because of they're on TV.

Or is it just the long time to wait that is the sucky part?

i heard kat von d has a $500 minimum

i've got 15 tattoos so far, these are a few of my favorites:

inner right bicep, bird of paradise & last initial in custom font

DSCF02671854.jpg

left forearm, traditional dagger w/snake head through rose

DSCN21633123.jpg

inner right forearm, skull & web + eye of ra

DSCF02651852.jpg

outer right bicep, my personal version of a sacred heart

DSCF20977098.jpg

outer right forearm, phoenix

DSCF20987099.jpg

how all this shit looks together (old pic from over the summer)

DSCF01925661-2.jpg

you got any? - you regret them?

you wanna get some?

what are your design ideas?

played out?

too out of style?

coolest tats youve seen?

I have 4, two on calf, one on wrist and one on chest

I found designs myself and asked tattoo artist to modify them for my needs,

All of them are tribal&kanji style. Made them when i was 18-20, now im 24 and i have no regrets, tho i would like to edit some little details on them later.

I think that spiderman under the skin tattoo is pretty cool.. all 3d effect tattoes are great, also UV tattoo is interesting