Tattoos

Thought I'd bump this up with some pics of my own inkwork, all based on trad Japanese designs but to my spec.

This ain't the best pic of my backpiece, but it'll have to do for the time being:

dsc01511bg1.jpg

The left sleeve's not finished yet, but it wraps around to include a phoenix, covering up an earlier tatt:

dsc00869my4.jpg

and a tiger on my inner bicep, again work in progress:

dsc00861je8.jpg

The right arm's fully sleeved:

sleevezh9.jpg

Including the elbow, which was the most uncomfortable experience I've experienced. The vibrations got my shoulder rattling in its socket, and definitely not looking forward to getting the left elbow done this weekend:

dsc00866zd9.jpg

Definitely don't regret any of them, as I had the ideas for the designs in my head for a while before getting them; they sorta grew organically once started, with the artist giving his opinion on what he thought would work best...

Anyone got lip tats?

How are they after a while?

I'm going to get one soon and would love to know more about em.

would be great to know Like what should I do to prep my mouth or something and what to expect after.

ive had mine since mid may and its doing a-ok. didnt hurt at all really, tickled more i s'pose. i didnt prep or anyting, just after take it easy on eating and smoking and all that, less abrasion the better (i had to get mine retouced once)

i love it though, makes everyone laugh.

love this one, by fabrizio divari: http://www.divariart.com/site.htm

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/2774041784_8eff8e269c.jpg

also have to put in a good word for ton at chopstick tattoo. work from him is on the expensive side, but he's friendly and super-efficient (a machine, really). this is mine - freehanded, 2 sessions, about 5 hours total. i'll take blame for the sub-par color scheme (my japanese was pretty horrible...yeah oops).

Fuck, someone already stole my idea :( I have a part of Guernica and always wanted more... like a sleeve.

guernica.jpg

Oh well, mine will be in black anyway ;(

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone got lip tats?

How are they after a while?

I'm going to get one soon and would love to know more about em.

would be great to know Like what should I do to prep my mouth or something and what to expect after.

i got one when i lived in detroit. my friends are tough guys who called me gay chris for liking clothes back then but like those clothes now. one guy was getting xxx on his lip by aaron from walls of jericho and it only cost him 10 bucks. gay being the same price as xxx and having my friends pay for it contributed to why i have this tattoo. I always forget about it until people mention lip tattoos.

Bring a drum stick so you can wrap our lip around it so they have a good surface to tattoo on. It'll last longer. My lip also did not hurt. I drooled a bunch.

CrashTestBrummie, that looks like a pretty good design, just a weird placement the elbow makes it seem like the head is dented in lol

Where did you get it done?

I got it done in my hometown of Birmingham in England, along with the rest of my artwork shown further up the thread.

And there's always going to be that kind of issue with ink over your elbows when they're fresh. I'll post a pic when the colour's settled in properly so you can let me know what you think then...

I probably wouldn't get my feet done, just because my feet are hairy. I don't know about the wearing off, I guess during healing it might be a problem if you always wear socks. I think having it exposed to the sun would cause more fading...

i heard foot tattoos werent the best idea, dont they wear off easily since its on a foot?
The tree on my leg goes down onto the upper part of my foot. It's holding up well so far. I'm doing my entire leg, so I am most likely going to include the rest of my foot in some way.

I am actually doing another piece on my leg in a few hours. Hopefully I will have some pictures for you guys.

The tree on my leg goes down onto the upper part of my foot. It's holding up well so far. I'm doing my entire leg, so I am most likely going to include the rest of my foot in some way.

I am actually doing another piece on my leg in a few hours. Hopefully I will have some pictures for you guys.

you get em done in London?