Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

Tourmaline Noire, is on my to-try list when I goto Lucky Scent's scent bar this coming month. I heard there's a really good amber/musk/leather drydown that I can see go over well for fall...

but reading back I really l ike the idea of an incensey dark begining that dries down into a lighter leather like the Cuir Ottoman that Tang suggested. Something about dark incense as a base really bugs me...

What also might be of interest id DSDURGA:http://www.dsanddurga.com/for-the-gents/

They have a few scents with leather notes... and they are sending the first 2 samples (at least for me) for just the shipping price, $4 dollars each sample afterwards.

Lastly there is this:

jhagrx0.jpg

But I'm less confident about it because of the dark leather rose drydown (the rose actually makes it slightly more appealing, but like I said, it's dark).

Has anyone had a smell of this? sounds pretty interesting, although i've heard it doesn't last long.

crabmq2.jpg

w209.png

Crabtree & Evelyn has launched West Indian Lime, a new fragrance for men:

Fresh limes - native to the islands of the British West Indies - inspire this invigorating tonic that blends tropical limes, lemons and mandarins with aromatic nutmeg, clove and coriander. A timeless classic.

Additional notes include orange blossom, vetiver, juniper, cedar and sandalwood.

Has anyone had a smell of this? sounds pretty interesting, although i've heard it doesn't last long.

crabmq2.jpg

w209.png

Crabtree & Evelyn has launched West Indian Lime, a new fragrance for men:

Fresh limes - native to the islands of the British West Indies - inspire this invigorating tonic that blends tropical limes, lemons and mandarins with aromatic nutmeg, clove and coriander. A timeless classic.

Additional notes include orange blossom, vetiver, juniper, cedar and sandalwood.

So tried 4 things today:

L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre - not a fan. Smelled like Chinese medicine and something stinky.

L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha - good stuff. Slightly floral but very earthy.

Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger - I would like it on a girl, but it's too flowery/sweet/strong on me.

Frederic Malle En Passant - My favorite of this bunch. Subtle lilac with a hint of cucumber (and I also get rubber!).

So tried 4 things today:

L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre - not a fan. Smelled like Chinese medicine and something stinky.

Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger - I would like it on a girl, but it's too flowery/sweet/strong on me.

Frederic Malle En Passant - My favorite of this bunch. Subtle lilac with a hint of cucumber (and I also get rubber!).

^ I wasn't crazy about Juliette's other two scents, but this one sounds promising. We shall see.

I was about to ask this early this week... but went to Henri Bendel anyways and tried it. It didn't leave me any great impression. On my way back I passed by CollettexGap and the tester for Indult C16 was completely empty and they had 1 last bottle remaining for sale. So I just hanged around and bullshitted til the SA finally opened the last box and sprayed it on my wrist. It was not bad, not bad at all...but that's about it, even if I had money to burn would prolly not buy it.

^ I wasn't crazy about Juliette's other two scents, but this one sounds promising. We shall see.

I was about to ask this early this week... but went to Henri Bendel anyways and tried it. It didn't leave me any great impression. On my way back I passed by CollettexGap and the tester for Indult C16 was completely empty and they had 1 last bottle remaining for sale. So I just hanged around and bullshitted til the SA finally opened the last box and sprayed it on my wrist. It was not bad, not bad at all...but that's about it, even if I had money to burn would prolly not buy it.

So tried 4 things today:

I'm not crazy about L'Eau d'Ambre either....I'm not a huge amber fan to begin with, and this one almost makes me feel sick to my stomach. Dzonkha is great. FdO is nice at the beginning, but then fades to boring after a while. En Passent is a weird, weird one. It has a strange bread note that I like a lot, but also a peculiar wet pavement note (probably the rubber you smell) that turns me off a bit...but it's nothing short of "interesting". I think it's a bit predictable on a girl, but great on a guy.

I've never tried the Indult stuff...but it's SO expensive, and has that "limited edition" bullshit exclusivity that turns me off completely.

yeah, my one sister loves and wears it, the other criticizes it mercilessly. I'm in boulder colorado so there's nothing around anywhere. I was thinking Bmen could be a nice cheap scent to try out.

Bmen has a rhubarb topnote that a lot of people like, but it isn't quite as interesting from there. Worth trying though. It bombed financially, so it can be had cheap at discounters quite often.

I'm not crazy about L'Eau d'Ambre either....I'm not a huge amber fan to begin with, and this one almost makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Yeah it was gross.

I noticed you reviewed the Nemat Musk Amber. I thought it smelled almost exactly like Costume National Scent Intense, which is a good thing.

Tried out the Dzing! sample Tangerine gave me today, and must say that so far I'm not that impressed tbh, I mean, I like it, but it didn't make me go Wow!

I get the poop people are talking about and while it is noticable, it isn't bothering me so far, its more of a pleasant smell of animals and it does evoke memories wich is a good thing.

Then there is the occasional wiff of sweetness that comes up out of nowhere. And something else that I haven't been able to define yet.

As a whole I find it at times too subtle, as I normally tend to be very aware of it when I wear something other than I'm used to, while at other moments it was really too sweet and perfumey for me.

Will probably report back again tomorrow...

I put on a generous application of Patchouli Patch tonight. At first, I was afraid the fragrance escaped me, because five to ten minutes after I put it on, it was hard to pick up the scent except for a subtle bit of patchouli and some sweetness. I was a bit disappointed.

A few hours later, it seems to have clung onto me a bit and the sillage got stronger as I went along (though I am admittedly in chilled weather) but it's changed a bit and that element is keeping me interested. I'm growing to it a bit, but I'm undecided. Still have to try Rose Poivrée and Dzing…can't buy the Sel de Vetiver even if I wanted so I'll cherish the sample for now.

Angelique Sous la Pluie - started off good, but I can't get over the cumin/coriander note that shows later. Wow, such a turn off.

Musc Ravageur - I was scared to try this one, but it's not as "animal" as I had thought it would be. In any case, it doesn't really stand out for me.

L'eau d'Hiver - I like this one, but after reading some reviews on basenotes, I can totally see its similarity to baby shampoo. I'm not sure how I feel about that at the moment.

Carnal Flower - I wished it was a bit more carnal and less flower. Though it smells nice (and expensive), it's just a touch too feminine.

Tried out the Dzing! sample...Will probably report back again tomorrow...

Stick with it, but it's not worthy of a full bottle for me either. I like it, but it doesn't get as much love as it does from others...genius, but not me. If you want stinky stinky, try Muscs Koublai Khan by Serge Lutens or L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris.

I put on a generous application of Patchouli Patch tonight....

Stick with the PP...it's really quite genius, but it takes some time to catch everything that's happening. It's very complicated and a lot happens, but sometimes that turns people off.

Angelique Sous la Pluie - started off good, but I can't get over the cumin/coriander note that shows later. Wow, such a turn off.

Musc Ravageur - I was scared to try this one, but it's not as "animal" as I had thought it would be. In any case, it doesn't really stand out for me.

L'eau d'Hiver - I like this one, but after reading some reviews on basenotes, I can totally see its similarity to baby shampoo. I'm not sure how I feel about that at the moment.

Carnal Flower - I wished it was a bit more carnal and less flower. Though it smells nice (and expensive), it's just a touch too feminine.

I like ASLP a lot, but it doesn't last long. Musc R and L'Eau d'Hiver don't do anything for me. The almond note in the l'eau d'hiver is gross...I just don't like almonds. It smells very much like Dior's Cologne Blanche.

Carnal Flower is really nice, but I agree it's a bit on the girly side. Malle make some great stuffs, but not many of them scream "buy me". Noir Epices perhaps. ;)

Yeah, and especially not at those prices! I'll give Noir Epices a spray tonight.

The new Malle should be out soon too...maybe that's worth waiting for. Noir Epices is definitely my favourite for men though. Carnal flower for women. Normally I don't bother distinguishing, but in this case, they're both clearly targeted towards one sex (which Mr. Malle is apparently a supporter of). I still wear CF though...

I'm surprised the sample lasted this long…just faded a bit ago but I will say the lingering scent in my nose was pleasant every step of the way. The rose is noticeable but it's dark enough that it doesn't smell floral or girly.

Robocopping this and Patchouli Patch. :)

Dude, Cotton Duck just has too much competing workwear steez/scents in his being that fucks with Dzing!

Me, on the other hand, smell of rancid dung, flies, and little horsies rolling around in hay. It works!