Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

Are you getting your Ormonde Jayne samples for free or from the sample programme which cost £28 ?

I got the sample set as a gift. Every Christmas they have a 20% off sale or something like that.

cdg 3 a safe gift to a lady friend of mine?

any other suggestions would be lovely

Hmm...not really. I don't know her mind you, but 3 is a pretty strange scent, so it's not the safest gift in the world. If you know she likes it, then yes, but otherwise, I'd go with something safer. Do you know what she wear now?

Hmm...not really. I don't know her mind you, but 3 is a pretty strange scent, so it's not the safest gift in the world. If you know she likes it, then yes, but otherwise, I'd go with something safer. Do you know what she wear now?

hmmm thanks for the thought. im not sure what she wears but she is one who would probaly wear / love chanel no 5. but it just seems generic if i get it for her

GO crazy man... I suggest you visit gimmegimme's site, he has alot of serge lutens, maitre parfume g, people of the labarynthe, comme des garcons, and the different company reviews.

http://www.peredepierre.com/

I suggest some people try out the Comptoir Sud Pacifique frags... I won out on one for cheap and it's one of my favorite sunny day (winter OR summer) scents: l'Eau Gouverneur

Thanks for the code by the way, now I'm tearing my hair out over whether or not I should buy palisander :( :( :(

Blindly purchased some Ormonde Woman for the missusses birthday out of weakness and desperation but it is an instant hit and I find myself loving it too. Surprised to hear it termed as 'masculine', dark sensual and mature, all female attributes as far as I'm concerned.

Came with samples of Ormonde Man and Isfarkand. The Man I found overly sweet but Isfarkand is a winner the drydown is perfectly subtle for me and I think I'll be making the leap definitley something I could wear on the daily.

On another note Ormonde's customer service is outstanding as my original order did not arrive after a week possibly lost/stolen and after an email or two my bottle arrived next day.

Blindly purchased some Ormonde Woman for the missusses birthday out of weakness and desperation but it is an instant hit and I find myself loving it too. Surprised to hear it termed as 'masculine', dark sensual and mature, all female attributes as far as I'm concerned.

Came with samples of Ormonde Man and Isfarkand. The Man I found overly sweet but Isfarkand is a winner the drydown is perfectly subtle for me and I think I'll be making the leap definitley something I could wear on the daily.

On another note Ormonde's customer service is outstanding as my original order did not arrive after a week possibly lost/stolen and after an email or two my bottle arrived next day.

I find both OJ Man and Woman to be very similar, but Man has more of a synthetic called Iso E Super, which is the prominent ingredient you smell in the drydown of Isfarkand. It's all very subjective though as far as what you find masculine or feminine, but I think both Man and Woman are good for either sex.

Either way, it's a great company with very unique and quaity scents.

anyone has more info on this? i just found out otherwise i would go to check it out.

Six Scents Launches Tonight

We love when designers team up for new collaborations, especially when said pairings benefit charity. Six Scents, a series of perfumes designed by six designers and curated by Seven's Joseph Quartana, launches tonight at the New Museum. The fragrances — by Alexandre Herchcovitch, Bernhard Willhelm, Gareth Pugh, Jeremy Scott, Preen, and Cosmic Wonder Light Source — are limited edition (only 2,000 of each were made), so expect a mad dash for bottles. We have to admit, so far we're partial to the Preen, Herchcovitch, and Jeremy Scott scents.

Collectors and fragrance fiends, get ready to line up: The perfumes go on sale Friday or Monday at Seven in New York and are $85 for individual scents, $510 for the set. But a percentage of the proceeds go toward funding for the Designers Against AIDS, International AIDS Awareness Education Center in Antwerp, Belgium. So you can feel good about opening your tight wallet right now. Other stores include Oak, New Museum Shop, Woodley & Bunny, Opening Ceremony, TG-170, and Aedes De Venustas, but we suggest calling and checking stock availability. For those outside of the New York area, you'll have to wait until mid-November to find the scents at specialty shops. (Hint: If it's a cool boutique, it'll carry it. Colette and 10 Corso Como, we're looking at you.) Wouldn't these make great stocking stuffers for the fashion girl and boy in your life? (Seriously, Mom, hint hint.)

what are you wanting to know? btw there's a ton of info all about the project on their website.

I pre-ordered one through Seven last week, hope it comes soon.

thanks, i had no clue about this project. damn, i'm pissed cause i know people running new museum and would totally check it out tonight.

all of them sound interesting, especially the first four.