Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

So... uhm... is it too early to start dreading/anticipating/wanting?

commedesgarconhm33vo2.jpg

HOW TO RID BOTTLE/PACKAGE OF H&M LOGO?

BOX > BOTTLE

Haha. Looks like a bottle of nail polish…

Oh, anyone have some pointers for eBay purchasing with fragrances? Figured it'd be nice to find better prices, but am curious if there is concern with fragrances having turned already or things of that nature…found one with full on packaging but ya never know. Thank you olfactory gurus…

Haha. Looks like a bottle of nail polish…

Oh, anyone have some pointers for eBay purchasing with fragrances? Figured it'd be nice to find better prices, but am curious if there is concern with fragrances having turned already or things of that nature…found one with full on packaging but ya never know. Thank you olfactory gurus…

I already know the H&M CDG is going to suck, but I'm still looking forward to it.

You take your chances on ebay, as you would with everything else. I've bought a bunch of stuff and never had any problems, but the chance is always there. If it comes with a box, that's better...it's usually light that damages perfume, not heat/cold. Obviously sealed is better, but the colour looks fine with this one.

Don't buy anything from out of the country either. :)

lol, first one to buy them loses.

It better be cheap.

My collection is getting out of hand...I have SOOO many bottles I don't wear. I'm trying swap shit away, but it's such a nuissance when you don't know the person. Why are people so fucking difficult to deal with??? (not you M.)

Just wanted to vent. :(

U know... venting on internet forums is dangerous. But at least you don't do it in all caps. :o

u should sell...

to me...

because basically I have nothing but money to exchange with you lol. just wish you were in the U.S.

I tried a spray of the new(ish) Jil Sander Man (Raf Simons' first men's fragrance) in a store yesterday and what really struck me about it was how longlasting it was (on my skin anyway) becuase I could still smell it strongly many hours later which is not the case with the vast majority of other fragrances.

I would love a swap but I just have two perfumes :(

I remember when I had two perfumes...those were the days. These things tend to accumulate!

I tried a spray of the new(ish) Jil Sander Man (Raf Simons' first men's fragrance) in a store yesterday and what really struck me about it was how longlasting it was (on my skin anyway) becuase I could still smell it strongly many hours later which is not the case with the vast majority of other fragrances.

I still haven't come across that one. I was a big fan of her other men's scent, even if it was a bit overplayed.

It better be cheap.

My collection is getting out of hand...I have SOOO many bottles I don't wear. I'm trying swap shit away, but it's such a nuissance when you don't know the person. Why are people so fucking difficult to deal with??? (not you M.)

Just wanted to vent. :(

LIST YO SHIT. WE IS READY TO COP.spacer.gif

Here, I've painstakenly researched ;) it for you if you were talking about stores that ship internationally...

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1309207

And if you were talking about general shipping questions about alcohol contents you can ask your local post office, and passant up there is right about air shipping... I think they ship by ocean if you do it internationally.

I want to mention something about D.S. & Durga, I don't know if they're well experienced with mailing samples but their sample package came to me damaged due to minimal padding... though their customer service is rather kind as they have offered to replace it for me.

I think it could be useful... and within guidelines. It's not like we'd be selling them, just exchanging.

Let's do this, sufu stinky swap list!

Heres a few samples (from my memory) I would love to give up to whoever wanted to try:

-Cuir de Russie by Chanel

-Geir by Geir Ness

-Voleur De Roses and Dzonkha by L'artisan perfume

-Angel and Alien by Thierry Mugler

I am also ready to give away my 3.4ml bottle of Reaction by Kenneth Cole which has a pretty good but fleeting watermelon opening with conventional drydown that I just outgrew and won't see myself wearing ever since i obtained Hermes Jardin sur le Nil.

I love Dzongkha. How much you want for it?

up for swap:

Series 2: Red Sequoia by Comme des Garcons

Play by Comme des Garcons

Odeur 53 by Comme des Garcons

Odeur 71 by Comme des Garcons

Guerilla 2 by Comme des Garcons

Jasmin de Nuit by The Different Company

Orris Noir by Ormonde Jayne

Scent by Costume National

21 by Costume National

Terre dHermes by Hermes

Un Jardin en Mediterranee by Hermes

Ananas Fizz by LArtisan Perfumeur

Mure et Musc Extreme by LArtisan Perfumeur

Tea For Two by LArtisan Perfumeur

Fleur d'Oranger by LArtisan Perfumeur

Jour de Fete by LArtisan Perfumeur

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

AMen by Thierry Mugler

Pure Coffee by Thierry Mugler

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Angel by Thierry Mugler

Violet Angel by Thierry Mugler

Already swapped:

Series 3: Incense Kyoto by Comme des Garcons

Merchant Loup by LArtisan Perfumeur

Tam Dao by Diptyque

Navegar by LArtisan Perfumeur

Mure et Musc by LArtisan Perfumeur

Ormonde Man by Ormonde Jayne

Also some useful information:

I've contacted thiery mugler, diptyque, antica farmacista, and ormonde jayne,

all of which will gladly send free samples your way by request. Feel free to add on to that :)

PMEd you about a few things specifically Kyoto cdg. Been wondering whether to buy this blind but thanks to you I might not have to. Other thing is HOW THE HELL did you get a free sample from Ormonde Jayne? Did you just ask for one? Because I inquired about samples and they directed me to their site long ago... maybe I should just forcefully ask for one scent I'm super interested in (OJ woman)...

PM'd ya

Kyoto's nice, but i dont know if i like that or Avignon better.. im actually tempted to sample the rest of their incense line.. mm

This is the message i sent Ormonde Jayne:

Hello is it possible that i could get samples of your fragrances? Preferably Orris Noir.

I'm located in the US. Let me know!

Thanks and good day:)

I got Orris Noir and Ormonde Man about a week later ;)

From all the reviews I've read.. I've gotten to the point that I'd probably like Avignon AND Kyoto... but I'm really trying very hard to choose just one... I mean I got way too many CDG scents already....

I fricking love how they all smell though especially CDG original perfume, reminds me a bit of this one ginseng drink I love. I never get the what's the funky smell cuz.. I don't usually spray enough to sillage bomb people.

I just discovered Strange Invisible perfumes... very lovely poetic descriptions. Musc Botanique intrigues me.

AMIDST A CLEAN YET CARNAL ATMOSPHERE OF BOTANICAL MUSK, DISTILLATES OF EGYPTIAN GERANIUM, FRANKINCENSE AND NOTES OF WHITE AMBER CRAFT A WILD, CRYSTALLINE CHEMISTRY. EROS AND IDEALISM STRIKE A SURPRISING BALANCE IN THIS BOTANICAL ADAPTATION OF CLASSIC MUSK.

MUSC BOTANIQUE CONTAINS ORGANIC AROMATIC MOLECULES THAT CLOSELY RESEMBLE THE ONES FOUND IN MUSK. IT HAS A CRISP CHARACTER THAT DEVELOPS WARMTH UPON THE SKIN. IT IS QUITE UNIVERSAL AND IDEAL FOR BOTH SEXES.

PROVENANCE: THE DEMURE SEXUALITY OF BOTANY.

CHARACTER: LUCID, ALCHEMICAL, EROTIC

C

I just discovered Strange Invisible perfumes... very lovely poetic descriptions. Musc Botanique intrigues me.

C

Beware the Strange Invisible...although I haven't tried MB (it does sound interesting), but some of their stuff is fucking horrible. I ordered some samples (all of which leaked), and one of them was so vile I felt like I was going to throw up....it honestly smelled like cow shit.

A few days later, they called me to ask how I liked their stuff...and at that point I couldn't even lie.