Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

One of them smells just like root beer, which strangely turns me on.

That actually sounds tempting

Absolutley no one in the UK likes root beer and they all say it smells and tastes like mouthwash

I don't get it

I would kill for a can of A&W right now

That actually sounds tempting

Absolutley no one in the UK likes root beer and they all say it smells and tastes like mouthwash

I don't get it

I would kill for a can of A&W right now

That's a common comparison..well, it's usually compared with toothpaste, but same thing I guess.

Anyway, it's called Mandorlo di Sicilia and made by Blue Mediteraneo/Acqua di Parma. For another rootbeer ringer, try Myrrhe Ardente by Annick Goutal.

Fucking love A&W rootbeer.:D

Tried the Gareth Pugh scent today at Reborn, reminded me of a toned-down Costume National Scent Intense (must be the amber/tea notes).

anyone has more info on this? i just found out otherwise i would go to check it out.

Six Scents Launches Tonight

We love when designers team up for new collaborations, especially when said pairings benefit charity. Six Scents, a series of perfumes designed by six designers and curated by Seven's Joseph Quartana, launches tonight at the New Museum. The fragrances — by Alexandre Herchcovitch, Bernhard Willhelm, Gareth Pugh, Jeremy Scott, Preen, and Cosmic Wonder Light Source — are limited edition (only 2,000 of each were made), so expect a mad dash for bottles. We have to admit, so far we're partial to the Preen, Herchcovitch, and Jeremy Scott scents.

Collectors and fragrance fiends, get ready to line up: The perfumes go on sale Friday or Monday at Seven in New York and are $85 for individual scents, $510 for the set. But a percentage of the proceeds go toward funding for the Designers Against AIDS, International AIDS Awareness Education Center in Antwerp, Belgium. So you can feel good about opening your tight wallet right now. Other stores include Oak, New Museum Shop, Woodley & Bunny, Opening Ceremony, TG-170, and Aedes De Venustas, but we suggest calling and checking stock availability. For those outside of the New York area, you'll have to wait until mid-November to find the scents at specialty shops. (Hint: If it's a cool boutique, it'll carry it. Colette and 10 Corso Como, we're looking at you.) Wouldn't these make great stocking stuffers for the fashion girl and boy in your life? (Seriously, Mom, hint hint.)

im looking for a new fall fragrance, something clean and not too artificial smelling. Would like to try something different than the usual CDG lines without breaking the bank

I'm all about Bvlgari Black these days...vanilla/amber/rubber/leather...great scent, cheap at the Spadina discounters. Alternatively - Vetiver by Guerlain, Encre Noire by Lalique, Gucci Pour Homme (all at Sephora), Malin Goetz Rum Tonic (at Nomad).

I wear V&R antidote with a dab of kheils cucumber oil.

Let me tell you shit is baaaaaad.

Antidote is pretty horrible...but passable if you don't put too much on. Its essentially a normal-esque cologne, but ten times louder. I happen to really like the cucumber oil though, so perhaps it tames everything down a bit. I think it's a good thing to blend an oil like that with a standard off-the-shelf bottle...makes it your own. :)

Need a woody, dark fragrance for winter

(& to fit my recent melancholy mood).

Suggestions?

Dior's Fahrenheit was always my staple for this season,

but it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

...that's because they reformulated it and ruined it.

Dark scents:

-Avignon by CDG

-Bvlgari Black

-Rien by Etat Libre d'Orange

-Palais Jamais by Etro

-Chergui by Serge Lutens

If you want something more mainstream, Gucci Pour Homme, Encre Noir by Lalique, Declaration by Cartier, Must de Cartier (I feel like I'm repeating myself for every suggestion).

Need a woody, dark fragrance for winter

(& to fit my recent melancholy mood).

Suggestions?

Dior's Fahrenheit was always my staple for this season,

but it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

You could try the Bois d'Argent cologne by Dior. Bought it recently, stuff is crazy addictive. 2 sprays in the morning and shit lasts like forever

You could try the Bois d'Argent cologne by Dior. Bought it recently, stuff is crazy addictive. 2 sprays in the morning and shit lasts like forever

Not "dark", per se, but yes, quite nice. It's pretty potent stuff...I'd imagine that big ass bottle would last quite a while. If you like Bd'A, you should try Bvlgari Black, which was done by the same perfumer, and is somewhat similar, but with different aspects emphasized.

Not "dark", per se, but yes, quite nice. It's pretty potent stuff...I'd imagine that big ass bottle would last quite a while. If you like Bd'A, you should try Bvlgari Black, which was done by the same perfumer, and is somewhat similar, but with different aspects emphasized.

Ow cool, gonna look for it when finishing this bottle :) I took the small one (lol 125ml) because i don't spray much, otherwise it'll smell like alcohol in half a year.That big one is just too much XD

I copped samples from luckyscent of the Willhelm, Pugh and Jeremy Scott scents.

I'll probably end up buying the Pugh one no matter what because I just love that nigga.

I'm sure someone else will report back with opinions before mine arrive but I'll post what I like.

i enjoy all bvlgari save for the green tea-based ones. bvlgari notte on girls is velvet. velvet rope from some californian apothecary is lace. fico di amalfi by blu mediterraneo is pearls. but these are girl scents.

for boys, try cb i hate perfume in wburg...they have so much there you are bound to find something for you. theres even a 'roast beef.' im partial to 'winter' and 'in the library' myself. take a bird or two with you, so you can get their opinion. perfumes tend to react differently to different body chemistry. wearing perfume also requires a...shall we say, 'fit'? monocle is a classic if you like cdg. there was also this one from armani, the new one, i forget the name, though ive never been a fan of ol' georgio. girls insist on burying their noses in you.

well, im sorry. but those are what i associate those said scents with, my being a girl. it is said, to some, certain scents makes one recall certain moments, images. perhaps it needed clarification; i wear a certain amount of velvet, lace, and pearls. to each his --or her-- own.

That might be the most retarded statement I've ever heard before.

well, im sorry. but those are what i associate those said scents with, my being a girl. it is said, to some, certain scents makes one recall certain moments, images. perhaps it needed clarification; i wear a certain amount of velvet, lace, and pearls. to each his --or her-- own.

You could be an elephant for all I care...still a stupid statement. Notte is a half-assed attempt at ginger; Velvet Rope is on par with a shampoo fragrance, and I'm not sure how you associate figs with pearls.

I agree that CBIHP is a great line...you'll see its often discussed here. You'll also see that most of us don't care if a scent is marketed towards men or women, and quite often the best fragrances aren't directed at either.

...and pulling the "girl" card will probably work for most of the guys on this site, so you can probably use it to your advantage...but not with me.