what are you eating today?

soepom

- fried semolina pudding with stewed cherries and pears

this is a really old fashioned dish people ate after world war 2 cause it was very cheap and made people full

Over here we call semolina "sugee". It's really old-school and we have Indian-style desserts and cookies made out of it too... :)

You've inspired me to go hunt 'em down.

Din-din with my two fave boys.

P1040108.jpg

P1040111.jpg

Super spicy mee siam and nasi lemak with fried chick wings. Sedap!!!!

moinsen Felix! yeah breakfast was not bad considering i didn't really have the right ingredients 'cos we hardly ever have breakfast at home, if at all.

semolina pudding with stewed cherries and pears looks like it's simple, wholesome and very tasty. i'm not a fan of sweet foods, but that looks like it'll be delightful on the palate.

dinner at work:

wayet0517cmj7.jpg

oxtail stew

foodcc2.jpg

Toasted bread topped with lots of hummus.

Strawberry yoghurt

food2pp8.jpg

Toasted bread topped with potato chips, topped with cheese, then topped with hummus

Salisbury steak

food1pw3.jpg

Toasted bread with tuna(yes not the best picture i know)

Topped with egg and pepper and chilli sauce

food3er0.jpg

Ham and egg and cheese Griddlecake drizzled with maple syrup

had some fusiony non traditional bim bim (bap) for din din.

bimbim.jpg

all you mofos made me bust out my semi rancid carrot cake from the fridge at 5.37 am.

+rep for the bi bim bap haha. for some reason the ones they serve on korean airlines when i go to korea taste better than when i eat it at restaurants. cant wait till summer to get on that plane and eat the damn bi bim bap haha

Holy cow, I wish I could go run out and get some Korean right now. I had a big udon/spicy pork stirfry with a fried egg the other night that I'm now slavoring over.

sorry, still trying to update from before i left the states

Black Spaghetti with Rock Shrimp, Spicy Salami Calabrese and Green Chiles @ Babbo

502838392_0f1be13e9d.jpg

Just to annoy mis further...

sufu109.jpg

sufu110.jpg

sufu111.jpg

Aka (7-nut soup) ramen, house-blend ramen and Kakuni or braised pork belly as a side-dish. I was there at 1130am when the place just opened and they're already out of the Ebi ramen again!

Some contextual clues for mis...

sufu107.jpg

It's all in a day's work for a foodie like me. Sometime the wheel of dining fortune is up, sometimes not. Today's one of those latter days.

P1040133.jpg

P1040136.jpg

P1040140.jpg

P1040137.jpg

First item pictured was the bee hoon goreng: sucked major ass. I took two bites and pushed it aside.

Fared better with deep-fried chicken wings; can't often go wrong with 'em.

The Kofte beefburger with shrooms was surprisingly good but puny. And by the time the chicken fajitas came out, I was full of rubbish calories. They were tasty though.

Still, these not so satisfying experiences serve me well too. Makes the really good stuff all the more sweeter to savour.